Jump to content

Bluegrass Symphony

   (8 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance

Can a man ever truly go home again?  Can he become who he's meant to be, in a place he never expected to find acceptance?  These are questions for Wren as he struggles with life, love, and the legacy of his family.

Copyright © 2019 Wayne Gray; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (15 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 14
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 6
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 11
  • Tearjerker 11
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 7

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. San Diego
    • 4,403 Words
    • 7,508 Views
    • 30 Comments
  • 2. Papaw
    • 3,974 Words
    • 5,052 Views
    • 24 Comments
  • 3. Broken Blood
    • 4,569 Words
    • 5,209 Views
    • 36 Comments
  • 4. Farmer Wren
    • 4,312 Words
    • 5,027 Views
    • 31 Comments
  • 5. Brotherly Love
    • 4,107 Words
    • 5,228 Views
    • 32 Comments
  • 6. Dissonance
    • 4,862 Words
    • 5,025 Views
    • 29 Comments
  • 7. Expectations
    • 4,040 Words
    • 4,909 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 8. Acceptance
    • 4,173 Words
    • 4,867 Views
    • 25 Comments
  • 9. Not Boyfriends
    • 4,293 Words
    • 4,022 Views
    • 33 Comments
  • 10. Trust
    • 4,110 Words
    • 6,141 Views
    • 54 Comments
  • 11. Suspicion
    • 3,770 Words
    • 5,903 Views
    • 30 Comments
  • 12. Boyfriends
    • 5,319 Words
    • 6,697 Views
    • 53 Comments
  • 13. Old Sins
    • 4,715 Words
    • 4,488 Views
    • 36 Comments
  • 14. Requiem
    • 4,009 Words
    • 5,231 Views
    • 37 Comments
  • 15. A Thousand Words
    • 4,116 Words
    • 5,090 Views
    • 43 Comments
  • 16. Home
    • 4,240 Words
    • 5,651 Views
    • 46 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Quixo

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A beautifully told story of return, personal discovery, and a blossoming relationship.  Plenty of obstacles and plot twists make for an easy and delightful read.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the great comments and for the review, Quixo. I tend to write the types of stories I wanna read, so I'm glad you too like these sorts of romances.

Thanks again. 🙂

  • Love 2
Link to review
Hawgdad

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This was a wonderful story of a young man escaping the binding circumstances of his upbringing, only to unexpectedly return and find possibilities of love and acceptance in his boyhood home.

Wayne shares his incredible way of imparting an endearing sense of place and people and the unexpected possibilities they can bring.

If you aren't acquainted with Wayne's writing, this would be a great place to join his dedicated readers.

Tom

Response from the author:

Hey Tom,

Thanks for reading, commenting on and reviewing this story.

I set out to tell a story of a young man who tries to go home again, something we hear that you just can't do.  I'd like to think that Wren proves those detractors wrong.

🙂

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
pvtguy

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This is truly a wonderfully well written story about family dynamics, greed, love, fear of being "different" with the accompanying exaggeration of fear of reactions of others, and, finally, love and resolution. 

Response from the author:

Hi Tony.

Thanks for the review, and for reading the story.  Family are some of the best and worst things that can happen to us, aren't they?  That shows itself to be true in this story, a few times over.

Thank you again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
QuietScreamer

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

I loved this story! Every character and scene was so well thought, from the very beginning you identify with each characters emotional state. Each reaction is human. Wayne captures the settings of each scene as though it were a character themselves (which I LOVE!!) the smells, sounds, the breezes, even the position of the sun. 

Great story with a great ending. 📖

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

 

❤️

It's absolutely worth the read.💖💖💖

Response from the author:

Thank you for reading, and for the great review.

I try hard to make the characters believable, and to make it all work.  In particular, I tried to work on my description in this one.  I fell down a few places, but I'm happy you could see I made the attempt with the settings.

Thanks again.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Kitt

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

An interesting story full of twists.  Well written, it gives a candid glimpse into not just back hills life, but also backwoods law. Completely enjoyable.

Response from the author:

I missed replying to this back when you left it, Kitt. Fixing that now!

Thank you for the fantastic review of Bluegrass Symphony. I sincerely appreciate the time you spent reading, commenting, and then finally reviewing my little work of fiction.

Thanks again.

  • Like 5
  • Love 4
Link to review
Mikiesboy

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

A very well written story of discovery, honesty and living your truth.

Don't miss this one.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the great review, and the encouragement throughout, tim.  It means a lot to me.

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to review
chris191070

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

This is the fantastic story of Wren, an architect graduate. We follow his adventures as he returns home to Kentucky. We meet the various members of Wren’s family as we deal with death, murder and love. A truly wonderful story that is full of plenty of surprises.

A fantastic read that I highly recommend.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the great review, and for always commenting on the chapters as well, Chris.  Readers and their comments are why authors write, so thank you.

  • Love 8
  • Haha 1
Link to review
Former Member

· Edited by droughtquake

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

Wayne takes us on a journey to an exotic and foreign location in Gay fiction: rural Kentucky! Wren is a recent architectural graduate with an unsatisfying social life and career path. He is called to return home due to a serious illness in the family.

We learn about the strange customs and habits of an unexplored part of the world. Conflict is soon introduced, but friendship is rekindled. How will Wren resolve the need to be himself with the demands of family and society in his birthplace?

Wayne brings to life a seldom discussed corner of the world. He makes you forget about  the scam-artist in a white suit with his pressure cooker and ‘11 herbs and spices’ (probably just 11 forms of salt!). And no mint juleps are served.
;–)

Response from the author:

I should have expected this review to be in the traditional "droughtquake flavor".  🙂

Thank you for the nice words concerning the story, and for taking the time to review the tale.  I appreciate that, and your comments on the chapters during the telling.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..