Jump to content

The Answer

   (4 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: General Romance

In his youth, Shawn passes through life as if it's an amusement park ride. Men come and go, all while his slightly judgmental friend, Ian, looks on.

This is the story of Shawn dealing with the repercussions of his choices, and then him growing into his own life.

This story is written in a "Deep Point of View" format. It was different for me, but I enjoyed the challenge.
Copyright © 2020 Wayne Gray; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. The Answer
    • 5,848 Words
    • 3,885 Views
    • 49 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hawgdad

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Wow....  SO MUCH life (and love) experience compressed in a short format!  Well executed and engaging.  

Tom

Response from the author:

Thank you, Tom.

It was a challenging format, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm glad you and others enjoyed it too.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Onim

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Let's just say...it's definitely "Wayne's World"!! Amazing short story that hit all the right spots and showcased his excellent talents...and also the bonus of sharing a beautiful poem!!! Both were brilliantly done, thanks to you both!💯:heart:

Response from the author:

Hehe. Thanks for the review!

I'm happy you liked both the story and the poem too. It was awfully fun to put this thing together, and a challenge too, so I'm gratified that you enjoyed it.

Thanks again!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a fantastic story from Wayne and unusual that is a short story.

It is a story that will pull at your heart strings as we follow Shawn through 20 years of his life, treating it a bit like an amusement ride. Men come and go over the years, he never finds one to make him happy. His best friend Ian, whilst slight judgemental just watches on.

A fantastic story from Wayne that I highly recommend.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, and for reading, chris.

I'm happy you enjoyed this little jaunt in the life of Shawn. Short and sweet!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
Yeoldebard

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

I usually don't read shorter pieces, but I enjoyed your other work and decided to give this one a chance. I am so glad I did. This story tugged at my heart, leaving me wanting the main characters to figure out their truths. I very well done story, and one I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting something short and almost bittersweet in its telling.

Response from the author:

Thanks for taking a chance to read a short, and for taking the time to review it. I've had this one in mind for a while, and I'm glad I finally got around to putting it together.

I am happy you enjoyed it. That's the goal - always.

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..