Jump to content
    Wesley8890
  • Author
  • 1,020 Words
  • 2,618 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Freshman Year - 12. Apologies

sorry for the long wait. Merry Christmas everyone

Wesley and Seamus

By Wesley Lewis

Chapter 12: Apologies

“Why are you crying?” Melvin asked, if I didn’t know any better I would say he was concerned. When I looked up he had a look of concern on his face. I still wasn’t sure what he wanted and truthfully didn’t care, I just wanted to be alone.

“I just found out my mother died I’m not really in the mood to deal with people at this second.” I was hoping that would get rid of him but the look on his face said he wasn’t ready to do that yet. So, I sighed and told him to sit down and I’d tell him the whole story up to my outburst at Jesse.

“Dude I hate to say this, but you were a total ass. I get your mom died but Jesse didn’t mean anything by what he said, I’m sure he was just trying to lighten the mood.” As soon as the words left his mouth I knew they were true. All I cared about was how it affected me. I ran out of the house so quick I didn’t even bother to check on daddy.

“Melvin, what are you doing out here by yourself? You look like you’ve had a rough day.”

“Well my old man was drunk, and I can’t stand being around him when he’s like that. I mean its not like he hits me or my brother, but he’s just an intolerable asshole.”

“Well what about your mom, what does she have to say about it?”

“Nothing, of course, it is hard to say something when you don’t have any idea where she is. Me and Tommy haven’t seen her since we were little.”

After saying that I could see Melvin had tears in his eyes and I couldn’t think of a way to comfort him. It was weird seeing this big guy who liked pushing me and others around be in such a vulnerable state. It seems we both got a bad draw when it came to mothers. It’s difficult to describe the way I was feeling now, whether I should pity, sympathize, or laugh. I say laugh because of him crying, but then I don’t have room to be laughing at him with what happened between my mother and me. I could sympathize with him, but it would feel a little forced if I’m being honest.

It was awkward just sitting there on the swing set doing nothing at all, so I figured I’d ask him about school and stuff. He told me he was passing everything but English, which was one of my favorite classes. I offered to help him, and he immediately accepted. He asked if he could come to one of the meeting of the GSA and I told him anyone could come too it but when I asked him why he got real nervous and started to withdraw. I told him he didn’t have to tell me anything, but he confided in me and told he was gay and he needed someone to talk to and he figured that would be the best place to go. I told him no one was judged there as long as you treated everyone with respect. He looked almost relieved to get that off his chest and even hugged me. I also told him he should talk with Brandon about it as well. After talking for a while he said he was going home to make some calls and told me not to blame Jesse too much for what he said.

When I got home Jesse immediately tried to apologize I stopped him. I told him I was acting like a total brat and he didn’t mean it the way it sounded. I told him I had a talk with a friend who told me I was acting like an ass. He told me he never would try to replace mama and he wanted nothing more to than be my friend, and possibly a father too. He told me though I shouldn’t have run like that without consulting with my physical therapist’s consent, which earned him a slap on the head from Daddy. I hugged him and apologized to daddy afterwards and he said he knew I just needed some time. We settled down and discussed the funeral and everything that was going to happen on Monday. I was kind of disappointed because this weekend there was a block party at Mr. Colton, a former math teacher, house. One of the guys that sits with us at lunch is being adopted by him and his partner. Jam, his name is Jacob, but his initials spent Jam hence the nickname, and his boyfriend Phillip helped us set up the GSA that was organized. Jam also visited a few times when I was recovering in the hospital. There wasn’t going to be much of a funeral as much as a remembrance ceremony. Mama always wanted to be cremated so her ashes could be scattered along the lake near our house. Daddy told me later that was where they were married. Jesse told me about how he was almost married once and about Teddy. He even showed me a picture of him, he was cute. Both Daddy and Jesse have had losses in their lives and for once they deserved some happiness, I was going to try my hardest to make sure they did get their happiness. When I went to bed that night for the first time in a while I didn’t have any nightmares.

The ceremony was, to say the least a sobering experience. I’ve been to a few funerals before, but they weren’t depressing as this one was. In a way though I’m glad we were able to remember mama for the good things she had done. I learned a lot about her too. One thing was before she went to college she was an avid volunteer at the homeless shelters and soup kitchens. She was a wonderful person. I wish I could’ve known her while she was that kind generous person.

so im sorry for such the long wait i had some problems but im back to full sanity now
Copyright © 2017 Wesley8890; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just like all kids, I thought my parents were unfair most of the time. I never noticed all the special things they did just for me – I just took it all for granted. As I grew older, I realized that my parents were different from many others since they remained married until my mother died. I realized that my parents did the best they could with the very limited resources, especially financially, they had.  ;-)

 

I didn’t like it at the time, but my parents were very consistent in telling us “It’s too expensive.” and “We can’t afford it” when we asked for things. It never worked to ask the other parent because they’d say exactly the same thing. When I recently told a young woman about that, her response shocked me, “You can do that?” Of course you can! And you should! Just because a kid wants something doesn’t mean you have to give it to them! Love, food, and shelter are essential, most other things are not.  ;-)

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment

So what is Wesley Louis’s plan? Will you try to become a foster parent? Will you attempt to adopt a child? Will you try to find a surrogate? I just cannot imagine you not becoming a parent at some point in your life! Even now you’re already better prepared than many parents I’ve come across!  ;-)

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

So what is Wesley Louis’s plan? Will you try to become a foster parent? Will you attempt to adopt a child? Will you try to find a surrogate? I just cannot imagine you not becoming a parent at some point in your life! Even now you’re already better prepared than many parents I’ve come across!  ;-)

Well I want children definitely. I'm adopted and it did wonders for me and my brother. I'd rather adopt. I have had experience taking care of toddlers. A lot of experience comes from watching mama do it with the grandkids. 9 nieces and nephews help. Who knows I might settle down with a girl. But I'm definitely going to adopt at least one.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Who knows I might settle down with a girl. But I'm definitely going to adopt at least one.

You don’t have to settle for a girl (no offense to all the women reading this or might be falling for Wesley). You could find a guy to get married to and have kids with! You’re definitely more nurturing than most people! Any kids who you take care of will be extraordinarily lucky!  ;-)

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You don’t have to settle for a girl (no offense to all the women reading this or might be falling for Wesley). You could find a guy to get married to and have kids with! You’re definitely more nurturing than most people! Any kids who you take care of will be extraordinarily lucky!  ;-)

That's about the best thing anyone has said to me all day. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I'm adopted and it did wonders for me and my brother.

My youngest cousin and my youngest niece were both adopted. My youngest cousin was kind of preparation for my nieces & nephews that came much later – I bought him gifts when he was young. I’ve never been able to spend much time with my younger niece, but she’s a very beautiful young woman who is also a dancer.  ;-)

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment

Even before my younger brother and his wife adopted my niece, my parents specified in their living trust that adopted grandchildren would be treated exactly the same as their biological grandchildren. It was very important to them that all their grandchildren be treated equally. There was never any difference in how they were loved.  ;-)

Link to comment

Lovely chapter :) I like that Wes had a talk with Melvin and apologized to Jesse; and of course, it's nice to find out why Melvin was such an ass and that he's willing to change. I'm looking forward to more!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, ObicanDecko said:

Lovely chapter :) I like that Wes had a talk with Melvin and apologized to Jesse; and of course, it's nice to find out why Melvin was such an ass and that he's willing to change. I'm looking forward to more!

I figured it was time to get him to the descent side

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..