Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 4,970 Words
  • 15,263 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Running with the Pack - 15. Chapter 15

Sheriff Forester headed north out of Silver Pine along the twisting roads of this more rural portion of the county. The lights atop his car flashed as it sped through the hills and valleys to the Coswell farm, about twenty-five miles out of town. He was met by one of his deputies and a tracker.

“Sheriff, we have two trackers and one hunter following the scent trail. I sent another two trackers on the origination trail to find where they entered the territory. They’re both lunis. It appears they were going after livestock, and ran off when Mister Coswell tried to put a couple bullets in them.” The deputy flipped through his notes to make sure he had not forgotten anything.

The sheriff grumbled. “Great fuckin’ day. First arrogant teenagers and now two legged feral wolves. Please let this be all that happens today and don’t let any humans see them.”

Off in the distance, a high-powered rifle being fired was heard. A few minutes later, the report of a second shot sounded. One of the trackers radioed in,

“Two feral lunis down, half mile north of marker 45 on Old Mill Road.”

Sheriff Forester turned to his deputy. “Head out there and meet the retrieval team. I’ll go talk to Mister Coswell.” He picked up his radio as the deputy headed for his truck. “I’ve got a deputy on the way and am sending the body boys to retrieve both wolves.”

“Roger that, Sheriff. We’ll stay with the bodies until they arrive and provide whatever support they need.”

Once everything was taken care of, he called the alpha to update him on the situation. Returning to the jail, the sheriff grumbled at the mountain of paperwork he had to finish. He knew he would not make it back to his own office before going off duty.

******

By Friday, Ethan was back to work. All three of the Tucker men kept an eye on him. Something in his mood seemed a little off to them. He was not quite as happy as he had been before the incident on the bridge though he tried to hide it. Finally, when they were taking a break, Casey sat beside him.

“You doing okay, little man?”

“Yeah. I’m fine.”

“I saw this post on Facebook once that said most people who say they’re fine are trying to be strong and hide the fact they aren’t. So, since Aiden’s not here to get it out of you, come on and tell me what’s wrong.”

Ethan glanced over at his much larger friend. “Wait a minute. You can read? When’d you learn to do that?” This caused both to crack up. Casey playfully shoved Ethan, accidentally knocking him to the ground.

“Opps, my bad.” Casey offered him a hand back up.

“I just don’t get these attacks. I know I’m a human around all you wolves, but as far as I know I haven’t done anything. And there’s other humans in the area, even if only a few know about you guys. Guess it just makes me think of how some people used to treat me before I left Richmond. I was hoping I’d left stuff like that behind.”

“Well, I’m not really sure what to say. But try not to let Michael bother you. He’s been an asshole for years. For whatever reason, he thinks you’re an easy target. Just remember every time he’s tried something he’s failed and you’ve kicked his ass. I would’ve loved to seen you punch his wolf on the nose when he came at you. You’ve given a serious beat down to at least one of his friends also. Human two, wolves zero. No matter what happens, I’ve got your back, Dad’s got your back, Joe, Jack, Mom, even Ryan and Zack. There’s a whole bunch of other people around the pack too.” Casey rested his hand on the smaller shoulder for a moment before they got back to work.

******

Dan walked straight to the receptionist, “Is he in?” She nodded, but still rang the alpha’s office to announce the beta. He paused for a moment before he knocked on the door, waiting for permission to enter. “Afternoon, John.”

“Dan. Have a seat. Any updates on the feral issue yesterday?”

“The doctor completed his post mortem on both. He’s waiting on results from a DNA test to see if he can identify where they came from. With luck, there should be something in the Lycan Council’s database if they came from a member pack. Based on how they were acting and their scent, it appears they were just ferals that strayed into the territory. Regardless, if there is a pack or family to notify about them…” Dan sighed heavily, unable to finish. “I guess with how long it’s been we were overdue for one of these things.”

The alpha nodded. The idea of any pack member going feral was unthinkable. Alienation, non-acceptance, loss of a mate, and separation from a pack were believed to be major factors which drove a wolf feral.

“And what of the other issue? Anything to report yet?”

Dan took a deep breath. “Nothing beyond what we discussed yesterday. Bob and I are going through the transcripts from the interviews and working out the report. The preliminary information is two were acting out of fear. Whatever it is he’s got on them, no one’s talking. One thought some good ole fag bashing would be great fun, and the last two we’re still working on.”

“Any recommendation for the first three? They don’t sound like it would need to go to the full council for prosecution.”

“Connor and Kevin both said about the same thing. Yeah, they violated your order, but they seemed to be legitimately afraid of your son and felt like they were caught in a no win situation. I know between them and Tyler, there’s something more, but until we can get one of them to speak up, we can’t do anything to help with it. Maybe you could break out that command voice you rarely use and get the answers we need?” He immediately regretted what he had said. “What do you say to a few days in confinement, some community service, and maybe probation for both? I honestly don’t think serious punishment is needed for them. This incident’s going to open their eyes to making some serious life changes. Counseling for them might not be bad either. To deal with whatever it is they’re truly afraid of. I hate to say it, but Michael appears to be holding something over their heads they’re afraid of getting out. I honestly feel they’re victims here as well.

“As for Robert, it was a hate crime pure and simple. The punishment’s going to need to be more severe. We can handle him with or without the council, your choice. He didn’t indicate he was pressured, but let slip the fun of roughing up someone who’s gay was too good to pass up. Attempted assault and battery, attempted rape, conspiracy, disobeying his alpha, public stupidity if we can use it, and that’s just what we’ve worked up so far. He’s facing some serious punishment that could put him in a council prison if you decide to push it that far. Do you think neutering him would be too extreme?” Dan’s hand moved through his hair trying to brush his frustration aside.

“For Michael and Chris, I’d say continued confinement. Until I can finish the preliminary report, and discuss it with the pack council. Their charges are going to be the most serious. You can always handle it yourself, it’s been a long time since a tribunal was convened. If you do handle this yourself, it might be best to wait a couple days so we’re approaching this with clear heads.”

John regarded his friend for a moment. “Thank you for taking care of this, and do discuss it with the council. I’ll be instructing them to convene the tribunal to prosecute my son and Chris. I also want their recommendation on punishment for Robert.” He fell quiet as he rubbed his temples. “Jackie and I have been talking about this. If the report comes how I think it will, I know what my decision on his punishment would be. It’ll most likely be the same for Chris, since those two are almost always equally involved in anything they do. I want the council’s independent input and their recommendation on punishment.” Cracking a smile even with the seriousness of the conversation. “Did you seriously ask about neutering Robert?”

“Well, I just hate dealing with stupid people and some of them shouldn’t be allowed to breed.” He gave a weak laugh. “If there’s nothing else for now, I need to get back to work.”

“Have a good day, Dan.”

After the sheriff left, John went to check in at the various companies and mills he owned all over the region. He always enjoyed making the rounds as it gave him a chance to talk to his workers, all of whom he treated like part of his extended family, both lycan and human. On this day, it also gave him a chance to think about what to do regarding his son.

******

Saturday morning, Aiden showed up early to pick up Ethan. After stopping at the Silver Pines Café for breakfast, they headed out to Alex and Nathan’s horse farm. For a warm summer morning there were surprisingly few cars at the farm.

Alex came out of the barn at hearing the vehicle doors close to see the young couple holding hands walking towards him. “Morning, guys. How’re you doing?”

“Hey, Alex. We’re good. How’s things with you?” Aiden reached out to shake the man’s hand.

“Slow day, but sometimes that’s a nice change.” Alex shifted his focus to Aiden’s mate. “Can I get you two set up on a couple of horses? Feel like giving it a try on your own mount today, Ethan?”

Glancing up at Aiden he softly whispered, “Can I ride with you again? I like how it feels with your arms around me.” He blushed a little at the request.

Alex heard every word with the exceptional hearing all shifters possess and grinned, winking at Aiden.

“Definitely, Pup. You know I’ll never say no to any chance I get to hold you in my arms.”

All three walked through the main barn to the smaller stable buildings, where Alex retrieved the horse the two had taken out a few times. Aiden helped get it saddled and lifted Ethan onto its back when everything was ready. Leading the horse outside the gates, Aiden handed the reins to Alex before running over to his Jeep and grabbing a backpack. Moments later he was climbing up into the saddle, pulling Ethan tight against him, kissing the side of his neck. He did not care if Alex or anyone else saw.

“You two have fun.” Alex called after them as they moved off at a slow gait.

They rode the back trails for around an hour, taking their time and rarely pushing the horse beyond a gentle walk. When they found a stream to let the horse drink from, it looked like the perfect spot to relax at for a while. After removing the saddle, Aiden pulled a blanket out of his pack and spread it at the water’s edge. He stretched out, pulling Ethan down to him. He rolled them so he was partially on top of his smaller mate, leaning in for a passionate make-out session.

Aiden pulled back eventually, searching the sapphire blue orbs. “I know you’re probably getting tired of being asked, but are you doing okay today?”

“Yeah. I’m good. Whenever I’m with you I always feel better.”

Finding nothing in his mate’s eyes to give him doubt, Aiden resumed kissing his pup, eventually pinning the smaller body down as their passion increased. He moved to attack the side of Ethan’s neck, play biting the tender flesh but being careful not to break the skin. Sometimes running the stubble on his face over the spot on his pup’s neck, before returning to kissing him feverishly. The more heated the make-out session got, the more little drops of water rose off the surface of the stream. Rolling onto his back and pulling his mate on top of him, he could not get enough of kissing his pup. They had been making out for quite some time, though it felt like they had just begun, when Aiden opened his eyes while their tongues dueled. He noticed little flashes of light just beyond Ethan as the sun would hit something. With his pup’s eyes closed, he could not see the blue glow hidden behind the eyelids. Moving his head to focus on the flashes, he saw water drops hanging in midair, being hit by sunlight, sparkling like hundreds of diamonds.

Aiden pulled back from the kiss not understanding what he was seeing. “What the…” The spell holding the droplets suddenly broke. Ethan moved to see whatever had gotten Aiden’s attention as the droplets fell, soaking them both.

“What was that?” Ethan first glanced to Aiden, then to the horse, and finally to the stream. He noticed nothing that could have splashed them.

Aiden did not find anything out of the ordinary either. “I have no clue. It was like the water was dancing in the air around us while we were kissing. Whatever it was, it was beautiful.” His eyes focused on Ethan’s again. “I guess nature wanted to compete with your absolute beauty.”

Ethan pushed back, patting Aiden’s chest. “Man, that was sappy. But you do sappy so well.”

They both laughed it off, but kept a watchful eye out for anything strange. With the mood broken, they sat at the water’s edge for a while, trying to figure out what caused the strange occurrence.

Ethan finally broke the silence. “What do you think caused it?”

“I wish I knew. I’ve never heard of anything like that happening before.”

“Maybe we should head back. I’m feeling kind of creeped out with this place now. Do we tell anyone about this?”

“Would you believe it if someone told you? If I answered a call with the department for something like this, I’d think the caller was drunk.”

“Good point. I guess we keep it quiet for now.”

They rode back to the farm in silence. Neither really wanting to talk about what happened. Ethan would go from running his fingers through the horse’s mane and patting the side of it neck; to leaning his head back against Aiden’s strong chest. He enjoyed feeling his boyfriend’s arms wrap around him, and the occasional kiss to the top of his head.

Back at the farm, Alex came out to meet them. “You guys have a fun time?”

“It was great.” Ethan’s brilliant smile confirmed the assessment.

Aiden dismounted and was about to offer to help Ethan down, when the horse pulled away, ripping the reins out of his hand. If Alex or Aiden tried to approach, it stepped back stomping its front hoof.

“Careful, Aiden. Stay still. I don’t know what’s going on and we don’t want to spook him. He might throw Ethan.” He called out, giving the teen basic instructions, hoping to get the stallion under control. “Ethan, pull gently on the reins and keep a firm grip on the saddle horn.” When the horse seemed calm, he moved to approach it only to have the animal back away again, stomping at them to keep back.

It became a standoff, with Aiden and Alex watching, and Ethan not knowing what he should or could do. The two stood still hoping the horse would settle down. When it was satisfied they were not going to interfere, it turned its head as Ethan nervously petted it. The horse knelt, its head nodding it was safe for Ethan to dismount.

Alex looked on in astonishment. “Well, I’ll be damned. He just wanted to help Ethan down himself. I guess he likes you.”

With Ethan safely on the ground, the animal lowered its head and gently pushed against the teen’s chest, nuzzling him. He gave the horse a big hug and scratched its ears. When the hug was over and he turned towards Aiden, their steed playfully pushed him towards his mate.

“In all my years of working with horses, I’ve never seen one do that. At least not to someone they hadn’t known for years.” Alex handed Ethan a few carrots for the horse, who happily munched away on the tasty treat, slobbering all over the blond’s hand.

“I guess it’s just par for the course today.” Aiden gave a strained laugh while wrapping his arm around his mate.

“Did something else happen today?”

“Let’s just say as great a day as it’s been, it’s had some weird stuff that’s too crazy to try and explain.”

Alex gave a puzzled expression, not understanding anything he was hearing.

Ethan turned to face Alex. “Do you mind if I ask you something?”

“Go right ahead.”

“I know you’re a tiger.”

“That’s right.”

“With the wolves and bears, it would be pretty easy to change and go for a run or hunt, but how can you do that? It isn’t like there are many tigers running free around here.”

Alex scratched his head before responding. “I’ll admit, it isn’t easy. Nathan can run around in his animal form and it wouldn’t raise an eyebrow, even from the humans. If it’s dark enough, I can go out. Nathan and I usually go for a run on moonless nights. There tend to be fewer wolves running those nights. If we shift on a full moon, we find some place around the farm to stay. So we avoid any problems with wolves in the territory.”

“I’m sorry for asking personal questions. I was just kinda curious. Personally I think it would be cool to see a tiger running with the wolves I know. And I bet a bear would be cool too.”

“Maybe we can have you guys over sometime and you can see what we look like in our animal form.”

On the drive home, Ethan had a few more questions. “So, the non-wolf shifters who live around the territory are treated like the humans? They live in the area, but not part of the pack? They don’t get to do anything social with the pack even though you’re all lycan?”

“I never really gave it much thought since it’s how I was raised, but the pack was always just for the wolves. I know there are wolves other than me who go out to the farm to ride. We’re friends with Alex and Nathan, but as far as pack functions, I don’t think they’re invited to join in. I know some packs won’t allow other species of lycan to even live within their territory. The same can be said of some non-wolf territories where it’s a bear clan or other species. It’s like with any new wolf coming into the territory, a non-wolf nomad would need to get permission to enter or live here.”

The question awakened something within Aiden; thoughts that maybe the status quo was not right, and it would make the pack stronger to allow different shifters to participate.

******

Back at the Tucker house, Rafe called the two teens aside. “I wanted to let you know at the pack meeting tomorrow at least some from the bridge will be sentenced and punished. I don’t think decisions have been made on how to handle all of them yet. I thought you should know so you’re prepared for it. The alpha will talk to you before it starts to explain what’ll happen, and what their intentions were.”

The rest of the day was relaxing and uneventful with plenty of cuddling and the occasional stolen kiss when no one was looking.

******

The community hall was filled as usual for the weekly meeting. There were all the regular updates on pack business, and a few congratulations to people like Ryan who recently had their first shift. The meeting took on a grave tone towards the end.

“For those of you that haven’t heard, we had two serious incidents this week. On Thursday, for the first time in almost a year, two feral wolves entered the territory. They went after some of Bill Coswell’s livestock. Both were lunis. They were tracked down, and eliminated. I’d like to thank our trackers and hunters for a job well done.” He paused for a moment. “On Wednesday, five members of this pack attacked Ethan Scott on the Pine Creek Bridge while in their wolf form. When he came here, I made it clear he is my guest, and under my protection. As Aiden Jacobs’ mate, I consider Ethan just as much a member of this pack as anyone else. Even if he hasn’t yet been turned or petitioned for admittance. If any member of this pack even attempts something like what happened, I will consider it a direct challenge to my rule as alpha of this pack. Per our oldest traditions, the offending wolf will face me in open combat where only one will walk away alive.”

The alpha nodded at Rafe. “Bring in Connor and Kevin.”

The pair were marched before the pack and the alpha read out the charges against them. “You have both been charged with participating in an attack on Ethan Scott, defying an order from your alpha, and showing disrespect to your alpha. How do you plead?”

Both lowered their heads, their voices barely audible except to those close by. “Guilty, Alpha”.

“So noted. I know you were on that bridge because my son pressured you into it, and that you didn’t want to participate in what was going to happen. You will both be held in confinement for ten days, you will complete two hundred hours of community service, and you’re restricted to pack lands for the next sixty days. You’ll be on probation for one year and will be required to meet with a councilor. Consider yourselves lucky. You might also think about an apology to Ethan.”

The two nodded. “Thank you, Alpha.” They were led away.

Rafe brought in the next young lycan to face the alpha’s hard glare. “Robert, you admitted to taking part in the attack against Ethan Scott. In that confession, you stated you were happy to do so against someone who’s gay. I’ll quote from your own words: ‘…beat the shit out of any human fag that would take up with a wolf.’ You also freely admitted that you had no issue going along with the plan to, and I’ll again quote from your own words: ‘…make the fag do what they do best.’ Since you admit to committing a crime of hate in addition to attacking a human, attempted rape, conspiracy to commit rape, and disobeying your alpha, you will receive twenty lashes. You will also be held at the pack jail until such time as you can be transferred to a Lycan Council prison where you will spend the next year. Upon your release, you’ll be restricted to pack territory for ninety days, and you will be placed on probation for two years.” The alpha’s voice dropped to a threatening growl as its volume increased. “It was suggested we should have you neutered, as people like you shouldn’t be permitted to breed, but perhaps we’ll settle for five hundred hours of community service once you rejoin us. This pack did away with an omega status long ago, but as of now, consider yourself an omega. If we have any problems with you during your probation of any type: if you so much as jaywalk, drop a piece of trash on the ground, or piss on a tree that isn’t yours, we might just reconsider that option of having you neutered before banishing you from the pack. Provided you aren’t executed. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?”

Robert turned white as a ghost, lowered his head, and bared his neck in full submission. “Yes, Alpha. Thank you, Alpha.”

Rafe told Robert to remove his shirt and grab the edge of the table. He raised the leather strap, ready to carry out the alpha’s ordered punishment. Before he took the first swing, he lowered his hand and stepped over to the beta, handing him the strap.

He turned towards his friend. “Alpha, in this case, I must respectfully request someone else carry out the punishment as ordered. I’m too close to the intended victim of his crimes. Because of the anger I feel over what he planned to do, I’m not sure if he’ll survive me using the strap on him.”

Robert listened to the enforcer’s words, without raising his head or turning to look. He remained frozen in place, holding the table, and gripped in fear as a small puddle formed under him.

The alpha addressed his beta. “Dan, do you feel you can carry out his punishment in place of the enforcer?”

“Yes, Alpha. I can.” He administered the sentence imposed by their leader. It was the first time he dispensed punishment like this, but he understood why Rafe had to step aside. He respected his friend for knowing when not to punish someone.

After Robert was taken away, the alpha addressed the pack council. “I’ve decided further investigation of the two main participants in the Pine Creek Bridge incident is needed. As such, I’m ordering they both be held in confinement and directing the council to convene a tribunal to review evidence and prosecute the two accused. You will come to a recommendation as to what punishment is appropriate for their crimes.”

“Point of clarification if I may, Alpha?”

“Before you even ask your question, Tom, most everyone already knows my son is one of the two remaining prisoners involved in this. While I feel as alpha I can stand in judgment of my son, like Rafe, I’m too close to the participants. For the sake of impartiality and so I don’t strangle my son for his stupidity in this, or summarily charge him with high treason against the pack, I am asking the council to independently review this and make a recommendation not based on emotion. However, if I feel the council is being too lenient with the accused due to one of them being my son, I will still pass judgment as I see fit. With my current mood, it would mean their deaths.”

There was an audible gasp around the meeting hall.

“Thank you, Alpha. I think I speak for the rest of the council in saying we will endeavor to do our best in this.”

“I want to ask if anyone in the pack has felt like they were threatened, coerced, or in some way harmed by my son, to please speak with Sheriff Forrester or Deputy Montgomery. Your statements will be confidential. If you wish to speak with me about it, my door is open. If there is nothing else, this meeting is adjourned.”

After the crowd dispersed, the alpha walked over to Ethan. “Would you have any objections meeting with the first two that were sentenced?”

“I’ll be right there with you, Pup.”

Nodding to the alpha, they were led into a smaller room where Connor and Kevin were waiting to be returned to the jail.

Seeing two of his mate’s attackers, Aiden was unable to contain the low, threatening growl. He tried his best to keep it under control. They anxiously watched him, knowing a mated wolf was likely to attack and kill them for what they had done.

The alpha cleared his throat. “I believe you two have something you wanted to say?”

Connor spoke up first. “I’m very sorry for what I did to you. I have no excuse and no reason to think you’ll ever forgive me, but I’m so, so sorry. I acted against you without even trying to take the time to get to know you. I wish I could explain better, but there’s no words that make it right.”

Kevin spoke next. “Like he said, there’s no excuse for what we did. I’m truly sorry, and hope I can make it up to you someday.”

Ethan regarded them for a moment. “As far as I know I haven’t seen either of you before, except as wolves the other day. I’m not sure why you guys decided you didn’t like me. I can’t imagine anyone willing to take part in what the alpha said had been planned for me, but I accept your apology. I don’t know if we can ever be friends, but maybe we can at least be friendly.”

“We understand and hope so too,” they both replied.

Back out in the main hall, Aiden pulled Ethan into a hug. “I’m proud to be your mate.”

Ethan beamed up at his boyfriend. “I’m proud to be your Pup.”

“You are a far better person then me. Walking into that room I still wanted to rip them apart for what they did. For what they planned on doing.”

“Casey recently pointed out to me for the first time in years I’ve got more people that seem to want me around then those who don’t. I’m going to try and not let those few get to me. If they’re honest in their apology, then maybe some of this can be put behind us one or two wolves at a time. Besides, if all else fails, I’ve got my big bad wolf looking out for me.” Ethan stood on his toes and kissed Aiden before tilting his head slightly, baring his neck to his boyfriend.

Running with the Pack, WolfM, 2012-2016, All Rights Reserved
  • Like 97
  • Love 51
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I have one problem with this chapter: "Aiden also looked around, 'I have no clue. It was like the water was dancing in the air around us while we were kissing.' "

 

He saw water droplets floating in the air, he and his man both got SOAKED out of the blue and they aren't curious or freaked about what happened? They looked around, but kept making out. Considering the weird recent incidents, you think they'd investigate and tell somebody. Their lack of concern is striking.

 

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the story.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I'm surprised that Aiden wasn't more suspicious of the events at the horse farm. I'm surprised about the horse now. I thought whatever he is may just involve water or at most the four elements but that was so sweet and interesting that the horse did that. Those two things within a matter of a few hours must make him think.
I'm also somewhat surprised that the boys haven't decided to live with one another and expect that soon Ethan would decide. Afterall, they clearly love one another. He mentioned wanting to run as a wolf with Aiden right? I'm surprised that Aiden hasn't pushed him a bit or at lease raised the point that he'd be more able to defend himself as a wolf. He should consider it lucky he survived what he did.
I like the Alpha so much. He's really being fair about this despite it being his son. That must be hard despite his knowing it is right. I liked that he threatened others not to try any move against Ethan or it will be an official challenge to his rule. That will serve as a huge deterrent

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/10/2015 07:48 AM, Geemeedee said:

I have one problem with this chapter: "Aiden also looked around, 'I have no clue. It was like the water was dancing in the air around us while we were kissing.' "

 

He saw water droplets floating in the air, he and his man both got SOAKED out of the blue and they aren't curious or freaked about what happened? They looked around, but kept making out. Considering the weird recent incidents, you think they'd investigate and tell somebody. Their lack of concern is striking.

 

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the story.

You're very right and I dropped the ball on the portion. I had it marked for a re-write and cleared my notes on that section without changing it. It is probably one of the draw backs to not having a beta reader and trying to catch everything myself.

I'm not sure if Aiden would have told anyone or tried to figure it out on his own or possibly discussing it with Ethan who still thinks he is an average human.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I do love the  comments and have had to rethink my own guesses.  I understand why both Stockdale and Rafe excluded themselves from administering punishments or judgements.  Great writing!

PS I'm surprised that no one suggested Ethan was a demigod like Percy Jackson. :gikkle:

Edited by raven1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 4/17/2022 at 12:41 AM, raven1 said:

I do love the  comments and have had to rethink my own guesses.  I understand why both Stockdale and Rafe excluded themselves from administering punishments or judgements.  Great writing!

PS I'm surprised that no one suggested Ethan was a demigod like Percy Jackson. :gikkle:

Thank you, Raven. :) Rafe likely would have killed Robert. Both his human and wolf side would have wanted to protect and avenge his new son knowing what that person had planned to do.

I'm going to have to check out Percy Jackson now.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Another great and powerfully written chapter, loving it! And a powerful wow moment more of Ethan magic if he ever learns to control it there will be hell to pay!:heart:

  • Love 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Another great and powerfully written chapter, loving it! And a powerful wow moment more of Ethan magic if he ever learns to control it there will be hell to pay!:heart:

I greatly appreciate your continued compliments on the story, Albert. :) It's too bad Ethan didn't really get to see what he was causing, but at least Aiden did.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Another awesome response from Ethan in regards to being attacked. Damn, if he keeps it up, I see a possible pack leadership role in the future..., after he's turned by Aiden. 

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/17/2023 at 6:53 AM, Ajbt2001 said:

Another awesome response from Ethan in regards to being attacked. Damn, if he keeps it up, I see a possible pack leadership role in the future..., after he's turned by Aiden. 

Sometimes you've just got to let it roll off and not worry about it. :)

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 12/12/2023 at 6:24 PM, Albert1434 said:

I have always loved Ethans magic, maybe some day there be another story around Ethan and Aiden:heart:

That's definitely possible.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..