Jump to content

Max and Charles 4. Appetites

   (3 reviews)
romanian box.jpg

Two senior men embrace the commitment of marriage. They receive only one wedding gift, a very mysterious gift indeed.

Copyright © 2020 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Summerabbacat

· Edited by Summerabbacat

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Stories portraying the lives of mature gay men, particularly those who are coupled, well-adjusted, happy and non-predatory, are few and far between. This is one of those "few and far between" stories, and quite possibly the most beautiful, heartwarming and delightful story of its type I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

My fellow reader @chris191070 refers to Max and Charles in his review as elderly gentlemen, I shall refer to them merely as gentlemen (I am not suggesting you are ageist Chris). They are an inspirational couple, witty and whimsical, full of entertaining stories. They have retained such a zest for life, and more surprisingly perhaps, for each other. Their relationship displays none of the toxicity so often found in couples who have been together for a lengthy period; they rejoice in each other's company, complimenting each other without being cloying. 

The first of @Wombat Bill's stories I had the pleasure of reading. The writing skills he displayed in this story were a promise of things to come, although I don't believe he has ever written two more authentic and endearing characters than Max and Charles (perhaps Edward from Catering With Benefits comes close). 

From an historical perspective this story is an important milestone as it introduced we fortunate readers to Craig and Justin, the driving force behind Catering With Benefits. One could perhaps argue that Max and Charles were the catalyst for what was to follow, but this simple and charming story rightfully stands proudly on its own. 

An experience like no other, beguiling from beginning to end.

A+++++

  • Love 2
Link to review
Sherye Story Reader

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This story was very well written and will read more of this authors stories when he puts them on! I recommend his stories! Especially this one of the romance of this couple has for so many years of love from one another!

Response from the author:

Thanks Sherye. I am please Max and Charles could bring a little joy into your life.

Bill

  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is a love story of two elderly gentleman, Max and Charles.

We follow them as they decide to marry after 50 years together.

With the help of Justin and  Craig, the big day is planned.

Everything goes smoothly  until they receive a strange chest as a wedding gift.

I highly recommend you read about Max and Charles to discover there love for each other and how they deal with the mysterious chest.

Response from the author:

Thank you Chris. It is nice to be able to write about an older couple. I am pleased you think so, as well.

Bill

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..