Jump to content

Young and Hungry - For Life 7. Appetites

   (2 reviews)
circus-tent-scenic-backdrop-lightbox-d05519.jpg

This is part 4 of “Catering With Benefits” - in the Appetites series.

Our favourite characters are living in the time of the pandemic, but don’t let that stop them from getting on with life.

The Flinders Street complex housing Poppy’s, Deans’s Bar, Divas and Dare to Bare, is closed due to the statewide lockdown.

On the other side of town the younger generation are coming of age and stepping out to discover what life has to offer.

 

Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Summerabbacat

· Edited by Summerabbacat

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

They are back, most of the cast, apart from the deceased, from Catering With Benefits books 1-3.

With the addition of some new characters (the "new generation") and a more prominent role for some of the prior books "incidental" characters, there is more fun, joy, sadness and a little romance to celebrate once again. The star of the show though, who consistently steals every scene in which she appears, is Gran. Gran is Craig's grandmother, and although her age is not specifically stated, one can assume she is in her late 60's or 70's. She is filled with the joy of life and living, funny, caring, delightful and wise. For this reader, the most satisfying, and if I am to be completely honest, the most surprising storyline in this book, is the relationship which builds, without any artifice, between Gran and Caleb, a 16 year old boy whom Craig and Justin foster after he is thrown out of home for being gay.

Another outstanding storyline is the realisation by one of the characters featured in all the prior books, that the gender they were assigned at birth, is not the gender with which they identify or are comfortable with. This storyline is handled with great care by the author, the authenticity with which he writes this storyline is truly remarkable. 

Once again our author @Wombat Bill, entertains, challenges, provokes (in a good way) and at times, educates those of us who have been fortunate enough to witness his literary talents. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
chris191070

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is Part 4 of Catering with Benefits.

We briefly touch on the pandemic and how our favourite people are living through it.

We have all our favourite characters from the Finders Street Complex and there adventures.

But in this amazing chapter of the story we start to meet new characters as we follow the younger generation as they start to come of age and how they survived the pandemic and there amazing adventures that this crowd get up to.

As with all parts of the story it has been well researched and you will find yourself enjoying storylines that will have you laughing and crying.

A worthy addition to the series and hopefully Part 5 will follow in 2022.

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..