Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 1,872 Words
  • 835 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Flying Neko - 3. Out on the Town

He heard the footsteps echoing through the empty ship. Lian was kneeling in the cabin, scrubbing the remnants of the night before off the wall. His ass was sore, a sweet, throbbing pain that reminded him of his soul’s love. The bite marks on his neck and collarbone were displayed prominently, as was his necklace. He was Itumak’s Daknar, and he was proud of it.

Itumak shuffled backward into the cabin, a large bed in his hands. A cream coloured Egaro carried the other end of the bed, the two turning to set the mattress in the recess that had been set up for it.

“Thanks,” the neko smiled.

“Any time,” the Egaro replied, stepping out of the room.

Itumak stretched briefly, his back crackling. Setting a hand on Lian’s shoulder, he looked at the wall.

“That looks good enough to me,” he said. “We don’t want to lose the entire smell.”

Lian stood up silently, a small smile on his face. Itumak’s obsession with smell was so strange, but it was one of those quirks that made him so loveable.

“Are you smirking at me? Oh, you are so going to get it,” Itumak grinned, grabbing the Daknar.

Lian yelped as he was thrown at the new bed, Itumak climbing on top of him. They stared at each other, Itumak’s tail flicking behind him. With a smile, the neko pulled Lian’s arms over his head, leaning down to kiss his dragon. Three small taps hit the inside of Lian’s wrist, Lian responding instantly.

“We have our own home…” Itumak whispered to him. “Our own bed. No one can ever take this away from us.”

Lian smiled at the words. They had made it, and he was so happy for Itumak. No, for them both. The neko always stressed that they were in this together. What belonged to Itumak also belonged to Lian. He had never owned anything before.

Sitting up, Itumak smiled at his mate, reaching for the tablet he had left near the bed.

“So, we have the bed. What should we do next?”

“Can we get some lights?” Lian asked quietly.

“Yeah, that probably would be a good idea. And a recycler too. Why don’t you go start scrubbing out the kitchen while I see about getting some lights from Lieutenant Zoe?”

Lian nodded, sliding off the bed. Grabbing a cloth, the Daknar paused, Itumak’s hand at his chest.

“I love you,” his mate said, kissing him gently.

“I love you too.”

He still shivered when he spoke the words, having to remind himself constantly that it was okay to love the neko. Itumak wanted him; they were bound together through their souls. The Maker had made it so.

Itumak rubbed Lian’s ass with a smile.

“If you do well, maybe I’ll give you a reward,” he said.

Lian chuckled nervously. He knew Itumak wasn’t afraid to withhold sex from him, as part of their play. It added a sense of excitement to their love for the neko, and though it had taken Itumak a bit to warm up to their play, Lian felt like the neko had finally learned to really enjoy it.

“I’ll make sure the bathroom is clean,” he promised.

 

Itumak set the light bar into the fixture, letting out a little grunt of victory. That was… ten down? Only another fifteen to go, most of them in the cargo bays. He’d save those for last.

The neko stretched painfully. He had been working for nearly twelve hours, and yet he wasn’t even halfway done. At least there was light in the main hall and the cabin now.

Stomach grumbling, he carried the remaining lights to the cargo bay before making his way to the bathroom. The place was shining in the new light, every surface spotless. Itumak smiled even as he wondered where Lian had gone off to. It wasn’t like the Daknar to roam without telling him.

“Lian?” he called loudly, stepping out of the bathroom. “Lian?”

Feet pounded through the ship, the Daknar nearly colliding with Itumak.

“Eyli, Master,” Lian gasped, standing rigidly before Itumak with his head down.

The neko frowned, raising Lian’s chin.

“Hey, relax,” he said gently. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

He took Lian’s hand, tapping it lightly. The Daknar tapped back, his body relaxing slightly, though he still looked a little panicked.

“I just wondered where you were.”

“I’m sorry,” Lian breathed, trembling slightly.

“Think nothing of it.”

Itumak stroked the dragon’s chin lightly, scratching that spot on his mate that always seemed in need of a good itching. Lian whimpered quietly, tilting his chin up further so Itumak could get better access to him.

“Where were you?” the neko asked conversationally.

“Cleaning the kitchen area.”

“Oh. Thank you. I put in an order for the food replicator and the recycler. They should be here tomorrow. And the bathroom looks amazing.”

He smiled as Lian seemed to glow with pride at the comment. His mate still had unresolved issues with his life as a slave, but Itumak felt he was getting better at keeping the past in the past.

“I thought we could go out and see how the locals eat,” he suggested.

Lian nodded slowly, his eyes half-lidded. Itumak let his hand move to the dragon’s cheek, his thumb stroking tenderly.

“Or perhaps you would rather stay here and cuddle. What do you think?”

Lian hesitated momentarily, Itumak giving him an encouraging smile.

“You’re hungry. We should eat,” the Daknar said.

“As long as that is what you want.”

His nod was all Itumak needed.

 

Lian poked uncertainly at the food on his plate. He had never seen anything like the black, hard-shelled creature before. They called it astakós, and he had no idea how he was supposed to eat it with the strange tool the server placed beside his plate.

“Like this,” Itumak smiled, taking the creature in his hands.

He snapped it in half with a loud crack, Lian gasping in shock.

“You killed it…”

“No, it was already dead,” Itumak explained. “You just have to get the meat out now.”

The Daknar stared at the broken creature in Itumak’s hands, tears welling in his eyes.

“Lian… Did- do Daknar not eat meat?” the neko asked.

Lian shook his head.

“But you ate it just fine on Eyrel. And Gaia.”

“That was meat?”

Itumak let out a quiet sigh.

“Okay… uh… give me a second.”

Lian sank in his seat as Itumak waved a server toward them. He hadn’t meant to upset the neko.

“I can eat-”

“No, don’t,” Itumak said, moving the plate away from his mate.

An Egaro stopped beside them, a smile on her face.

“Can I do something for you?”

“Yeah, uh, I know this is a water world, but is there any… non-meat food that my mate can eat?”

The Daknar’s face turned bright blue, his eyes staring at the table in shame.

“Oh, certainly!” the Egaro replied. “Egara actually has plenty of space for agriculture. It often surprises visitors.”

She handed Itumak a menu, pointing toward a small section near the back.

“Oh. I completely missed this,” the neko frowned.

“If you are new to Egaran foods, I would suggest the briam. It is baked lachaniká with a delicious sauce.”

“That’s okay with you, Lian?”

Lian nodded quickly, nearly begging Itumak with his eyes to spare him another lengthy search through the menu.

“I’ll get right on it,” the Egaro smiled, taking the astakós away.

“I’m sorry,” Lian said quietly.

“No, I’m sorry,” Itumak replied. “Fuck, we’ve been together for two years and I had no idea you didn’t eat meat. No wonder you keep saying that your stomach hurts. You weren’t designed to eat it.”

“I could have eaten it though.”

“No. I saw that look on your face Lian. There was no way you would be able to eat it. And I’m not about to let you starve,” Itumak denied, reaching across the table.

Lian moved his hand so the neko could take it, Itumak stroking it gently.

“I know you are still insecure with the universe. But I thought you knew you could tell me anything. And I mean anything. If you don’t like the food you’re eating, if you’re too cold or warm, if I smell bad…”

The Daknar laughed at the thought.

“Your happiness means the universe to me, Lian. I love you, and I would do anything for you.”

“I don’t deserve-”

“You do,” Itumak said sharply. “Fuck, you deserve all I have to offer and more.”

The Egaro returned, setting a plate of sauce-covered vegetables before Lian. The Daknar thanked her quietly, picking up a two-pronged fork. He took a bite of the new meal, his mouth exploding in flavours.

“Is it good?” Itumak asked.

Lian nodded, taking another bite. Satisfied, the neko copied him, returning to his own meal.

 

They walked through the cool night air together, low street lights illuminating the roads. Itumak was impressed at the lack of cars on the roads. It seemed everyone walked to where they needed to be if they didn’t use boats.

Egaro glanced at them with cursory interest as they passed. A door to a tall, ornately built building opened, a guttural cry following a man outside.

“Sounds like someone’s night just got made,” Itumak chuckled, glancing over at the door. “You know, Egaro have it pretty good. But I’d rather have you.”

Pausing on the bridge before the Fleet complex, Itumak turned to Lian. The Daknar frowned slightly, turning to look out at the ocean.

“Do you want to visit them?” Lian asked quietly.

“A porneio? I hadn’t thought of it,” Itumak said, placing a hand on Lian’s shoulder. “I am happy with you. Why would I seek another lover?”

“Because I am broken. I can’t be strong for you.”

“I don’t need you to be. You are perfect just the way you are.”

The Daknar set a hand over his chest, covering his Bondstone. Itumak’s eyes widened at the motion.

“Oh. You miss Thaelin.”

He felt horrible. Here he was, just going about his life while his mate was pining for his lost love. And Itumak hadn’t even given it a second thought.

“I’m really screwing up tonight, huh?”

Lian shook his head.

“I love you Lian. I really do.”

Itumak sighed, resting his head against the dragon’s shoulder.

“We could go find her, you know. But I wouldn’t have the money to set her free.”

“I know. That’s why I didn’t ask,” Lian said quietly. “She’s probably still on Narax.”

“I’ll figure out how to get her.”

“You already have a lot you’re dealing with-”

Itumak turned to the Daknar with a small frown.

“Lian, we’re mates, and Thaelin is part of your soul. Don’t you think she’d also be part of mine? I want to find her too. I feel horrible that I hadn’t thought of her until now. I swear I will do my best to find her. But we need to get the credits for her first.”

“Thank you…” Lian murmured.

“Of course. I would do anything to make you happy,” Itumak said, kissing his mate. “Come on, let’s get home.”

Copyright © 2020 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..