Jump to content
    Young Sage
  • Author
  • 3,081 Words
  • 1,991 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Slash Work - 1. Prologue/Why Won't They Get Together?!

This story is more experimental. Though the story has been written in its entirety, I'm more open to ideas and suggestions for this one. Let me know what you think.


Chapter 1: Prologue/Why Won’t They Get Together!?



“...and he was heading right for me!”



There. That should be enough of a cliffhanger for the readers. Though is it too cliche? I wonder. How many times have I heard that one as a cliffie? Oooooh, the big, strong jock with a heart of gold is coming right up to the male protagonist, who is a social nobody in the high school system! I’ve NEVER seen that one before! Bah! The readers will eat it up anyways. They love this sort of stuff.



Why did I end up at this site? Just because I had a couple gruesome scenes involving blood here and there, none of the gay story sites would accept me! I was too “controversial” and sick in the head. Um, irony anybody?! Oxymoron?! HYPOCRITE?! Whatever. At least I found a site that’ll let you post just about anything. Thing is, it’s not a gay site at all. It’s mostly run by girls. FANgirls. I shiver at the thought. But now I’m stranded here. All alone. The only, lone male on a male island, with a phallic palm tree, surrounded by a vast sea of uncontrolled estrogen and periods. I already posted one chapter of my story on the site. I’m hoping that by posting another quickly, readers will get a feel for what my story is, and won’t be led astray by faulty first impressions.



The thing with slash is that females and males write them differently. Name me one manga or anime yaoi that’s been written by a guy. Unless it’s only secluded in the confines of Japan, it doesn’t exist. As for the written version, I’ve been to gay story sites. And I’ve read the stories on this site. MAJOR differences. For example, why do girls always seem to want to strip a guy of all his masculinity? What makes a man? It’s not ovaries, ladies. The guys on the gay sites, yes, the one written by GAY guys, are MUCH more masculine, even if they eventually become bottoms. I hate that. That “top and bottom” thing. I would like to think that most people are versatile, in their own case. Straight guys like being on top AND on bottom of the lady. Gay guys like penetrating AND being penetrated. But, and here’s where all writers of both sexes seem to agree, writers seem to believe that these kinds of people don’t exist, or are at least very rare.



This is why I think my story will shine on this site. I know all the tricks of the trade when it comes to gay fiction. I’ve read plenty of them for years. And that’s why I plan to skirt around as many as I can with this story. I am a man; I have testicles which produce androgens; I have a slightly larger hippocampus than most of the writers/readers on this site (okay, I heard about gay guys in regards to this finding, but that's besides the point). I can think outside the box and use unconventional methods to get the same point across. Yeah, my characters that I plan on making a couple will eventually do all that sex stuff, but it won’t be like every other slash story on this site.



I hope readers will appreciate that.



Now, how to get those two together, without making it seem forced? Well firstly, I can always add more characters to the story, making it harder for the readers to decipher whom ends up with whom. Maybe I can make multiple pairings? No, this will be a one-couple story. I am the author, and I make the decisions around here! Wait, if Guy B is a jock, and Guy A isn’t, then why on earth would they talk to each other? That’s going down the cliched path of darkness and despair and mass slashy production. And I definitely DO NOT want them to “suddenly have a group project together in which they MUST go to one or the other’s house to work on said project, all the while taking peeks at each other until they finally wind up making out and having sex on the floor.” My story would practically end by the third chapter. NOT FULFILLING.



Gah! I JUST started this story, and I’m already having writer’s block?! How the frick did that happen?! Is there really no way to get around all the conventional means of making a standard slash fic?



I saved the document and shut down my laptop in frustration. It’s okay. Geniusness doesn’t happen all at once. Give it time. I’ll work on it again when I get the inspiration. IF I get the inspiration. Luckily, I can get plenty of that in my everyday life. Or, if a sex scene is needed, porn will usually do the trick. Good ole’ porn. If I hadn’t shut down my laptop in frustration, and wasn’t too lazy to turn it back on, I think I’d look at some right now. I bet female writers don’t think of THAT when they’re making a story. But, whatever. It’s, like, one in the morning, and I have classes in, like, seven hours. Not good. But I really thought I’d make leeway tonight. I hope I did. I at least completed the chapter. Tired now; must go to bed. And think of how to get a jock and a non-jock together...



The wretched alarm clock blared sooner than I had expected. I swear I was JUST starting to fall asleep when the thing went off. Looking bleakly outside, the damn sun wasn’t even up yet. Why was I stupid enough to schedule my classes so early in the morning? Sure, I wanted them out of the way so that I had the rest of the day to myself, but did I think of sacrificing my sleep in order to achieve it? Nooooo. Not me. I’m not one for thinking too far ahead in time. And once I got this idea for a story in my head, I couldn’t rest without putting it down on paper, or on a word document in this case. And I end up staying up even LATER because of it, like last night.



Bleary-eyed, I drove from my apartment to campus. Naturally, all good parking spaces were taken by other moronic people who had stupidly scheduled early morning classes for themselves. Maybe they were morning people. They need to be shot.



What’s even worse than a morning class is a BORING morning class. Geology. Great. Let’s study about rocks at 8:00AM in the morning! What fun! I could gag myself with a string of cheese...not that that’s ever happened before or nothing. The ONLY good thing about college is all the free eye candy one gets to enjoy. And at such an early time in the morning, you get all the sleepy guys who haven’t shaved yet. Since it’s the beginning of fall, some of them are starting to wear hoodies, which I personally think is hot on the right guy. And during the first couple of weeks into the semester, it’s still hot enough for guys to go around shirtless or with a tank top on, showing off those big guns of theirs. I don’t want to get too personally involved in my story, so I think I’ll save the hot fashion statements for one of the minor characters. Maybe Guy B’s best friend.



There’s this one guy in my Geology class who sits at the far corner of the room. Most of the time, he falls asleep ten minutes within the start of class. I think he has a buddy somewhere else in the class taking notes for him, or else he won’t be passing this class. Then again, jocks rarely care about their grades. As long as they get good enough grades to stay on the team, that’s all that matters. But anyway, he’s starting to wear the hoody. Actually, he’s starting to wear the SAME hoody each time he comes to class. I’m starting to suspect if he even has more than five shirts to his name. Maybe he’s one of those poor guys who only got into college because of his athletic skills? It’s kinda sad. He won’t do anything with his life once he graduates from college. Major leagues won’t accept him, unless he’s ungodly good at whatever sport he’s in. Still, right now he’s fairly hot, and I catch glimpses of him before he goes to sleep. I think hair covers more of his face than skin. Maybe he’s Arab? A bit too hairy, but I can incorporate him into the story somehow. Guy B can’t have ugly friends now, can he?



As I walk from one class to another, I see all sorts of guys that I wouldn’t mind bedding. Is it weird for me to only find the jocks attractive? Do I have a jock fetish? I mean, the lanky, skinny guys do nothing for me. If it looks like I can take them in a fight, then I don’t want to DO them so badly. Am I limiting my availability pool? The more muscular they are, the gayer they aren’t. Each guy that catches my eye I can use for story fodder.



I have a break between classes, which also doubles as my lunch time. In turn, that also doubles as my “work on possible story plots” time as well. I feel so daring when I’m in a crowded room with other people, writing down stuff for a gay story. All the better if I’m writing a sex scene. It’s like having sex in public. The thrill of the possibility of being caught just excites me even more. I must be disturbed in the head. Sometimes I just jot down stuff in a notebook (cleverly hidden towards the back so snoopers don’t see it), other times I bring in my laptop and type directly into the story. I didn’t want to lug the thing around with me today, so I opted for the notebook.



I took that time today to try to come up with some new material. How on EARTH was I going to believably get Guy B, who is the typical star football jock, to talk to Guy A, who is the typical loner/social nobody? That sort of thing never happened in my high school. I can’t imagine it happening anywhere else, either. Oh! How about blackmail?! That’s something new. Maybe Guy A can blackmail Guy B into a relationship with him...for some reason or another. But what would Guy A have on Guy B? Maybe he saw Guy B getting sucked off or something. Or Guy B getting screwed by the coach or teammate. Hmm. I’ll have to come back to that idea later.



Maybe I can just coincidentally have them constantly meeting each other in random places until they get to know each other and start to hang out, letting things happen from there? But that would take far too much effort to pull off. Maybe I can just alter the universe and make Guy A a fellow jock on the team. That website full of girls dreaming of the man for them that doesn’t exists probably can’t comprehend a romance WITHIN a sports team. Jocks don’t go for other jocks. They go for guys that are so pretty and feminine, that they’re just one operation away from completing the process. Damn penis! Such a nuisance, just hanging there! I shall chop thee off and dig the ditch that I was supposed to be born with! After I do my nails.



It’s a wonder that people don’t call me homophobic/prejudiced/misogynist more often.



Though that “two-jock” idea might not be that bad. Except for the fact that I’ve already posted the first chapter online. So if I want to go through with the idea, I’ll have to buff Guy A up, give him an interest in sports, and have him sign up for the team. And I’ll have to change the date around so that it’s still early in the school year, so that it’ll be within the realm of possibility for him to try out for the team. Don’t want him to look like a fool, trying out for the team when it’s already mid-season. Maybe Wikipedia has something on when things like that happen? I’m gay! I’m not supposed to know anything about sports! I was never in one in high school! I was just supposed to drool over the guys in tight uniforms!



Aaaarrrggghhh!!! Who would’ve thunk that simply imposing a new idea into a story would require so much effort? Whatever. I’ll just see how well the first chapter goes with the readers, then I’ll see what to do about the plot. And here I thought I had a good thing going.



I’ve made a friend here in college. After my lunch break, I see him in the next class. We became friends so quickly mainly because he knew that I was the kind of guy that could easily master Pre-Calculus, whereas he was the kind of guy that still didn’t know what he was smoking when he signed up for this course. He sought me out, chatted me up shamelessly, maybe even tried using subtle flirting (wishful thinking), and THEN decided to ask me if I could help him out in the course. I think by then he had already failed one of the quizzes. But, deceptive streak aside, he was an all-around nice guy. And hot to boot.



“Hey bro! How’s it hangin’?” he said, giving me a high-five.



“It’s cool, dude,” I replied.



“So hey, what about this project that’s coming up soon?”



“It’s in, like, three weeks! I don’t think we need to worry about it just yet.”



“Yeah, but remember. If my grades slip because of this class...”



“You won’t be able to play for the team anymore. I know, I know,” I finished for him.



“Good, as long as you know,” he said, giving me that smirk grin of his.



“How could I not? You keep repeating it every class session.”



“Repetition makes you more likely to remember it.”



“What, is that some new football jock theory? Did you guys practice that theory on lab rats and quarterbacks before moving up to human beings?”



He smacked me upside the head.



“Hey watch it! I was a quarterback once,” he defended.



“And you moved up! See?” I countered, earning me another slap. Before this class period was over with, I would probably have a concussion. Class began and we shut up.



I thought about using him in my story. I really did. Maybe make him the Guy B jock, and the potential love interest for Guy A. And since the story is told through first person point-of-view, Guy A would essentially be me and Guy B would essentially be him. In case you hadn’t noticed it by now, I have an unbelievable crush on the guy. Maybe it’s because he looks like a jock, talks like a jock, walks like a jock, but he by no means thinks like a jock. He actually displays kindness towards others, seems to care about other people’s problems, and certainly doesn’t think he’s above anybody else. Like I said, he was the one to initiate our first conversation together, not me.



I didn’t use him though. At least, not all of him. I incorporated a lot of his mannerisms into Guy B, such as his excessive use of the word “bro,” and his simplistic style of talking. Though he certainly doesn’t act like a jock, he encompasses many of the stereotypical jock traits, such as not knowing very many words with more than three syllables in them. But other than those mannerisms, I decided not to get too personally involved into the story and the characters, so I distanced myself from Guy A and Guy B and made empty shells for both characters and simply filled them with certain traits and set them loose on the world I created for them. Guy B is nothing more than a vessel, filled with a little bit of the best traits from my crush, and some other stuff. What he does within the story is now out of my control. Only when I deem it necessary do I directly step in and take back my control over Guy A and Guy B, to influence them to do what I want them to do.



However, with only the first chapter completely done and online, there’s not much for them to do just yet. The audience is important, too. What they like and don’t like will influence what my characters do and don’t do (or, maybe, who they do and don’t do). So maybe I’ll have to reign them in more often than I’d like to think. Who knows at this point in time?



Class ended, Mr. Ex-Quarterback, PR, decided it was necessary to secure a time where we can work on this far-in-the-future project he seems so worried about. Really, it doesn’t seem too difficult to me. A simple project, that’s all. Some research here, mass typing there; nothing we haven’t done already in college. It’s a shame that I only have this class three days a week.



My last class of the day is generally a boring one. I probably won’t say too much about it. There aren’t even any overly attractive guys in there. Sure, there are plenty of attractive girls in the class, and the guys are constantly drooling over them, but I don’t see what the big deal is. They’re big sacks of fat and milk. What am I missing here? Why don’t guys find the familiar attractive and not the opposite? Stupid evolutionary “keep the species alive” breeding.



I couldn’t concentrate on any of my homework. I kept thinking about my story, about my dilemma with the two main characters. I still couldn’t come up with a definitive way for them to realistically meet and talk to each other. I’ll just log online and see if my first chapter’s gotten any reviews yet, then decide on how to work the second chapter.

PR stands for "Public Relations." Fun fact: the titles were originally more vulgar, but with this site's "kid-friendly titles" rule, I had to alter them slightly. Also, yes, I'm well aware that I managed to go the entire chapter without giving out any names. I want them to be revealed as naturally as possible. You don't go around thinking "I, Bob, went to the store today and saw the clerk, Maggie, checking out items while I, Bob, smiled at her, Maggie." Also, in my experience, friends don't often actually refer to friends by their names when in their presence. They'll be revealed next chapter.
Copyright © 2010 Young Sage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Huh! the dilemmas of Finiding the characters that would fit. lol

We've all been there, no? Let's see where this is going,

I was thinking about the no names bit, then again, given the form of writing, i didnt really see a place where you could have inserted it without being too 'Obvious' about it! so, it didnt seem all that weird considering we have several more chapters to go when some one can call the MC by his name! lol (besides you did promise us names in the second chapter so... ) ;)

*scurries off*

Link to comment
On 06/16/2011 10:01 PM, Frostina said:
Huh! the dilemmas of Finiding the characters that would fit. lol

We've all been there, no? Let's see where this is going,

I was thinking about the no names bit, then again, given the form of writing, i didnt really see a place where you could have inserted it without being too 'Obvious' about it! so, it didnt seem all that weird considering we have several more chapters to go when some one can call the MC by his name! lol (besides you did promise us names in the second chapter so... ) ;)

*scurries off*

I hate stories that begin with "Hi! My name is Frostina McWinters, and I am 16 years old, and I'm a Virgo, and I'm a Viking Princess, and my hair is brown, and I am 5'5", and I weigh XXX pounds (like I'd tell you my real weight tehehe), ..." Hence, what I hope is "realistic" thought processes and dialogue. Hope it all worked out! (Don't hurt me for the example; I'm fragile.)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..