I'm not sure if this is old news here. Probably is but maybe not everyone has come across it.

This is the most emotional and moving story I have ever read and I just wanted to share it here. It's worth the read.

From the Heart by Codey

Sometimes it makes me wish I had a best friend this close (minus the emotional part).

WARNING: Keep a box of tissue nearby.

• Site Administrator

This is one of my favourite stories, made more poignant by the fact that Codey knew he was dying when he wrote it. :( I still miss him.

This is one of my favourite stories, made more poignant by the fact that Codey knew he was dying when he wrote it. :( I still miss him.

Wait what? I thought it was a car accident? (not that that is any better really) sad.gif

Thanks for telling me that. I cried enough when I read it... I might just drown and it will be all your fault :(

Sorry Neph! If ever I was asked by someone to share one gay story that I've ever read. This would probably it. I wish Codey was still here.

• Site Administrator

Wait what? I thought it was a car accident? (not that that is any better really) sad.gif

His original injuries were as a result of a car accident that killed the rest of his immediate family. He was the only survivor and was subsequently cared for by his grandfather. That accident left him with long term health issues, which were aggravated when he was knocked down by a school bully and hit his head. Those long term health issues were what eventually resulted in his death. Over the, sadly, short time I knew him, he was in hospital several times.

His original injuries were as a result of a car accident that killed the rest of his immediate family. He was the only survivor and was subsequently cared for by his grandfather. That accident left him with long term health issues, which were aggravated when he was knocked down by a school bully and hit his head. Those long term health issues were what eventually resulted in his death. Over the, sadly, short time I knew him, he was in hospital several times.

sad.gif................... Very sad indeed! I only knew him a short time before he got to the point he couldn't post anymore. His unicorn poem should have been made into a poster. I still have it somewhere in here. He was a very strong caring individual.

Yeah, that does makes the story seem more meaningful. Talk about life not being fair. sad.gif

Sounds just like "The Road Home"

How old was he?