[dkstories] What could be better for my centenial post!

You know I couldn't put my 100th post any place other than the forum where I spend most of my time!

Dan, you are an awesome writer with a perspective on life that I truly enjoy reading about. Please - whatever you do, wherever life leads you, don't stop sharing this gift. Online or in the store, doesn't matter - I'm with you all the way!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I couldn't put my 100th post any place other than the forum where I spend most of my time!

Emoe, congratulations!!! I'm another who has DK's forum listed in my profile as "most active in", so I sure do understand your sentiments on the matter!

Happy 100th, Emoe!!

Emoe, I think that you had an excellent idea here.. So I thought I'd make my next major milestone post here, and, well, here it is.. A new tradition in the making?

Look at you with your penta-centenial post here. I've got a long way to go to catch up - and a probably never will. I much prefer reading to writing :read:

Look at you with your penta-centenial post here. I've got a long way to go to catch up - and a probably never will. I much prefer reading to writing :read:

The stories are actually my second-favorite thing at GA... Forums being the first. I've been a message-base hound since the days of the dial-up BBS boards. Yet oddly enough, I don't like live chat.

BTW, Remember Dan saying that he was heading for Orlando? You had best take my evacuation warning seriously, because even the NHC (national Hurricane center) concurs. It's official: Last year's K storm was Katrina... This year it's Kirk. :blink::blink:

For those who don't believe me... HERE is a link to the official list of hurricane names for 2006. :whistle:

BTW, Remember Dan saying that he was heading for Orlando? You had best take my evacuation warning seriously, because even the NHC (national Hurricane center) concurs. It's official: Last year's K storm was Katrina... This year it's Kirk. :blink::blink:

For those who don't believe me... HERE is a link to the official list of hurricane names for 2006. :whistle:

OMG!!! :lmao: ROFL...

That is fantastic... On the other hand though, since we're there in just a little over 2 weeks, it's not likely they'll get up to "K" by that point as they've only had Alberto so far.

OMG!!! :lmao: ROFL...

That is fantastic... On the other hand though, since we're there in just a little over 2 weeks, it's not likely they'll get up to "K" by that point as they've only had Alberto so far.

Egads, you mean that Florida might get hit by Kirk TWICE this hurricane season!?!?!?! :blink:

What is that sound I hear? Could it be Emoe packing up to move to Nebraska? :P

It's odd, though, that the R storm for this year is Rafael, not Robert... Who did you have to bribe at the NHC to pull that off? :P

I've lived in Florida for most of my life. I was born in Tampa General Hospital and raised on a farm in what was the country east of Tampa but now is *the* place to live in the suburbs. Moved to North Carolina for 8 years then move to Jacksonville, Florida where I've lived ever since. I wouldn't have moved then but my dad got a new job up there and they wouldn't let me stay and live with my older sister so I had to go.

I've certainly seen my share of storms :snork: but there hasn't been a hurricane yet that can make me move away again. I may have to evacuate the server farm for the sake of our clients but in the immortal words of the Terminator, "I'll Be BACK!"

I've lived in Florida for most of my life. I was born in Tampa General Hospital and raised on a farm in what was the country east of Tampa but now is *the* place to live in the suburbs. Moved to North Carolina for 8 years then move to Jacksonville, Florida where I've lived ever since. I wouldn't have moved then but my dad got a new job up there and they wouldn't let me stay and live with my older sister so I had to go.

I've certainly seen my share of storms :snork: but there hasn't been a hurricane yet that can make me move away again. I may have to evacuate the server farm for the sake of our clients but in the immortal words of the Terminator, "I'll Be BACK!"

I can sure understand that. I grew up in Southern California, where Earthquakes were a threat. I imagine it's the same with Hurricanes; just one of the things that go with a particular area.

Heck, where I live now (rural Northern Arizona) has it's own drawbacks. I'm in the mountains, far from any town, and I get black bear and mountain lion around my property fairly often. I also get egg-sized or larger hail quite often. Those I don't mind. What I do sometimes mind is the religious demographics of the area. Many of the locals have a difference of opinion with me over whether or not I should exist. The area is close to 50% Mormon (and generally they are far more conservative than mainstream Utah Mormons) and much of the rest are Christian fundies. (I'd say Fundies are the majority of the non-Mormons here). That does not make it an ideal area from a gay perspective, but I like it here and so I take the good with the bad.

However, Emoe, we aren't just talking any storm here, but Hurricane Kirk! Perhaps a vacation somewhere a thousand or more miles inland might be in order? :P:P:P:P

• 1 month later...

Dan, you are an awesome writer with a perspective on life that I truly enjoy reading about. Please - whatever you do, wherever life leads you, don't stop sharing this gift. Online or in the store, doesn't matter - I'm with you all the way!

Emoe, I certainly agree with all of the above. I also think that this thread could become a traditional place for DK fans to put their "milestone" posts, be they Centennial, Penta-Centennial, or Millennial. You could have a tradition in the making here, Emoe!! So, I'm putting my Millennial post right here.

CJ's 1000th post

Emoe, I certainly agree with all of the above. I also think that this thread could become a traditional place for DK fans to put their "milestone" posts, be they Centennial, Penta-Centennial, or Millennial. You could have a tradition in the making here, Emoe!! So, I'm putting my Millennial post right here.

CJ

Congratulations C James!

but you need to include your post count in your message. On June 16, you posted your 500th message here and on August 15th, you posted your 1,000th message here. Two month, five hundred posts - nobody ever accused you of being unfriendly, did they? :lmao:

You are the :king: <=look, I got another one

Congratulations C James!

but you need to include your post count in your message. On June 16, you posted your 500th message here and on August 15th, you posted your 1,000th message here. Two month, five hundred posts - nobody ever accused you of being unfriendly, did they? :lmao:

OK, I added the post number to both of those posts. :*)

500 in two months? I had no idea it was that high! I've been doing some Committee work which boosted it a bit, I think.

I haven't been accused of being unfriendly, but, for some unfathomable reason, I have on occasion been accused of being long-winded. I really can't imagine why. After all, it's well known that I'm shy, retiring, and almost never have anything to say. 0:)

BTW, if anyone disputes this, I should mention the fact that I have a 40 page explanation of why, exactly, I am not long winded, that can post. :devil:

BTW, Emoe, I still have the "Forum most active in: Do over and do over redux" in my profile, just like you do. I suspect that will be changing, though, due to that forum dying down with the end of the series.

Thanks, Emoe!

• 1 month later...
:2thumbs: I reached 200 posts! *W00T*

That's quite an improvement over the how long it took to get the first 100 posts...

Congratulations EMoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :great::great: :great:

Does this mean I can tease you about being a postaholic? 0:)

When I get more than 500 post in two months like you, sure!

What? Me??? That can't be!! That's slanderous!! How could you say such a thing?? I made my 1000th post in this very thread on... August 15th!! And it's now October 6th!!

Oh. :*)

Ummm, The Post Counter is broken!! Yeah, that's it! You know how much I value my precious reputation as a shy and quiet lurker... :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Emoe, I think this is great tradition that you have started (milestone posts).

I don't know why I mentioned that, other than it got me thinking about traditions. Traditions are such interesting things. I think sentiment plays a large role, and then there are the more emotional and ephemeral aspects too. And, hopefully, I have blathered on long enough to deter anyone from reading this far and seeing mention of what I am about to ramble about. Bored yet? Well stop reading this! Nothing of interest here. Say, remember the Y2K bug? Maybe this post has something to do with that. or 2k something. Who knows? Oh, BTW, just ignore the black space after this, I was just playing with the new layout.

CJ's 2000'th post.

Emoe, I think this is great tradition that you have started (milestone posts).

I don't know why I mentioned that, other than it got me thinking about traditions. Traditions are such interesting things. I think sentiment plays a large role, and then there are the more emotional and ephemeral aspects too. And, hopefully, I have blathered on long enough to deter anyone from reading this far and seeing mention of what I am about to ramble about. Bored yet? Well stop reading this! Nothing of interest here. Say, remember the Y2K bug? Maybe this post has something to do with that. or 2k something. Who knows? Oh, BTW, just ignore the black space after this, I was just playing with the new layout.

CJ's 2000'th post.

Nice try Goat! LOL

I've trolled enough now and read enough of your words I know a deception when I see one.

Congrats on your 2000th!

___22222222_____00000000_____00000000_____00000000___

__2222222222___0000000000___0000000000___0000000000__

__2_______22___00______00___00______00___00______00__

_________22____00______00___00______00___00______00__

_______22______00______00___00______00___00______00__

______22_______00______00___00______00___00______00__

____22_________00______00___00______00___00______00__

___22__________00______00___00______00___00______00__

__222222222____0000000000___0000000000___0000000000__

__2222222222____00000000_____00000000_____00000000___

CJ crossed TWO THOUSAND posts!

All hail, CJ, the quiet and shy lurker

Nice try Goat! LOL

I've trolled enough now and read enough of your words I know a deception when I see one.

Congrats on your 2000th!

Hi DS! What? Me? Deceptive? 0:):ph34r:

_22222222_____00000000_____00000000_____00000000_

2222222222___0000000000___0000000000___0000000000

2_______22___00______00___00______00___00______00

_______22____00______00___00______00___00______00

_____22______00______00___00______00___00______00

____22_______00______00___00______00___00______00

__22_________00______00___00______00___00______00

_22__________00______00___00______00___00______00

222222222____0000000000___0000000000___0000000000

2222222222____00000000_____00000000_____00000000_

CJ crossed TWO THOUSAND posts!

All hail, CJ, the quiet and shy lurker

EMOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all your fault, you know. When I first began posting (I do admit to posting occasionally) you sent me my very first PM, telling me how to use spoiler spaces. That got comfortable in the forum, and they you started this thread when you became a postaholic, so I just had to post my milestone posts here. Yup, I like the sound of that "All Emoe's fault!" :P

Thanks though!! :hug:

That is a really cool graphic, too!

Edited by C James
  • Site Administrator

My view is that once someone reaches 2000 posts, the gloves come off and everything is fair game. Since I'm a long way from that, I think I'm safe. 0:)

My view is that once someone reaches 2000 posts, the gloves come off and everything is fair game. Since I'm a long way from that, I think I'm safe. 0:)

Oh, I don't know about that! I see that you are at the top of the daily top-posters list, yet again!

What we have here, folks, is a new POSTAHOLIC! :devil:

I predict that you will make your 2000th post before this Christmas! :great:

CJ asserts that Graeme is a postaholic based on the number of posts over the length of time Graeme has been a registered member of GA. Lets do the math:

Graeme joined on August 9, 2006 and has 425 posts as of the time of this post so the math looks like this:

===> number of posts divided by the number of days as a member

===> 425 / ( November 12, 2006