Jump to content
    Damond
  • Author
  • 392 Words
  • 855 Views
  • 1 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Selfish - 1. Selfish

So wrapped up in their own wants, their own temporary problems that they become radical. And in rebelling, they cause problems for the people around them. They don't care if it hurts others, makes others hurt themselves out of emotional turmoil.

She didn’t come “home” for three weeks. She even missed her youngest sisters birthday out of her own selfishness. Of course the adults only said “there are some issues going on.” No explanation or warning.

More days past before she returned home, but only on a set agreement that her stepfather and I move out. I hadn’t been told anything of why, just that I was supposed to start packing my things. I was given a meal from Subway, as if that would ease it over. Except they can’t train the dog properly, and I lashed out at him for stealing some of my food, breaking down into tears. I ended up staying with my mother for a few days.

Only the adults knew why she didn’t like my father or I being there. Never being told, left me wondering what is was. Had I done something wrong? Was it territorial of her that I was in her old bedroom?

Moving out, I was told that it was just temporary. Told that it would get figured out soon, or that when she moved out for college we could move back in. She would be an adult soon, and then could make her own decisions and suffer her own consequences. She’d have to leave the house eventually and get a life of her own.

Except she didn’t. She moved back in, took back over her old room. She went to college for a while, but dropped out and stayed at her home.

The divorce is final now, and have just renewed a lease on our apartment.

Was I never important enough to tell what was going on, even though it affected me more than those who didn’t have to move out over a weekend? All the “you’re already sixteen,” talk, telling me to get a job now that I was old enough. Did they think I was not old enough to understand what was going on?

No, there was no growth in this, aside from the growing resentment I hold towards everything.

(2011)(Damond)
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

WTF? Was this real or a kind of bizarre story?

It was kind of interesting, whatever it was.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..