Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dead and Wet - 1. Chapter 1

Prologue: Dark, Wet, and Alone

“Don’t let anyone see him. We can’t let anyone see the body.” The blond man said, his gold hair plastered to his forehead as he lugged the body into the back of the rental car.

“I think I know that!” His girlfriend snapped at him. She brushed her light brown hair out of her face, only to have it fall back again.

“Yeah, she’s right.” The another man said. He was the only one out of the group to have short hair making it easier for him to see in the rain. He pushed the body all the way into the trunk of the car.

“Well, shut up! Do you want to get caught? Do you know what would happen to us?!” The blond screamed at them. “I’m not getting caught and I don’t think that you want to either!” When they had all gotten to the lake, they got out of the car.

After two of the men lugged the body out of the trunk they dragged it to the edge of the water, the small waves lapping at their feet. They got into the small boat one of them owned and drove out into the center of the lake. It was late at night and no one was out in the rain.

“Remind me why we did this.” The short dark haired man asked the blond. Small tears on his face, but they were invisible in the dark and the rain.

“It needed to be done. Remember what he was.” The blond said as he and the dark haired man pushed the body into the water. They watched as the body of the boy sank into the water. Small air bubbles rising up from the body. The dark haired man looked on as the body sank further into the black nothingness of the lake’s depth.

“Goodbye…..Anton.” He put his hand to his mouth and blew a kiss towards the water. He was so silent that the blond didn’t hear or see this transaction.

When they had made it back to the shore they looked out at the small group. ‘We have done something that was horrible and torturous. We shouldn’t have done this. But he was safer now. He wasn’t going to have to suffer anymore.’ The dark haired man thought to himself.

After everyone but the dark haired man had left he went back out on the boat. He went back to the spot where he watched the body sink into the water. “Anton, please forgive me. I couldn’t stop them.” He paused and remembered something Anton had told him before he was killed.

“Always remember. I will be there when you call me. But having a sacrifice doesn’t hurt.” The dark haired man could remember Anton wrap his fingers around his. His warmth warming his body after they had swam in this very lake.

He pulled out a piece of glass that was in the bottom of the boat. He pushed it into his hand and looked out over the water again. AS he spoke this time he spread his blood over the water. “Sariythim Mortiaric Rivixandril, Anton, Retariam Wiangha Ler Powixalegh Lern Nyxiasil.” He said quietly as he proceeded. The words were words that appeared in his dreams a lot. He hoped they meant something. And he hoped that he wasn’t going insane, hoping Anton would come back. His thoughts were interrupted by the slight rippling of the water in front of him. He stared as a black shape rose out of the water. It’s dark hair wet and entangled with plants. His skin was slightly gray colored, the color of a drowned body.

“Thank you, Drake. I hope I didn’t miss much.” The body said, it’s voice sinister but familiar to the dark haired man, Drake.

“Anton?” Drake asked his voice gone due to his many emotions. “Please come back home with me.

“Sure but I have things that I need to fix up before I come back with you.” He said his body turning. His eyes looked in the direction of car lights. Drake could hear the loud music and the yells. They belonged to people from the local college. “Wait in your car. I’ll be back soon.” Anton sank back under the black waves again, pushing the boat with unnatural strength. When Drake mad it back to the car he looked out over the lake one last time.

When Anton came back to the shore he walked out of the water. He was nude. Drake rushed out to him with the extra clothes he always kept in his truck. Drake looked at Anton. He looked like the same Anton, but he also looked more monstrous. Drake pulled Anton into a hug. “ I missed you, Anton.”

“Well, Drake. I’m here to stay this time.” Anton hugged Drake gently, knowing that he could crush him so easily. He looked out at the lake. On the other side he could see a plume of smoke rise. He led Drake to his car. “Let’s get away from here.”

Copyright © 2011 Song Of The Dark; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..