GSA membership boost?

GK1219

Subject line says it all

second year running the club and I need ideas on how to boost membership

we already have incoming freshman interest...

but I need more Ideas and I need you guys to help me out here

Subject line says it all

second year running the club and I need ideas on how to boost membership

we already have incoming freshman interest...

but I need more Ideas and I need you guys to help me out here

My story Family Matters on Codey's World has ideas about the sorts of things that can be done to attract kids to a GSA in the first part of the story. The story is fiction, but the GSA activities are what was done at my high school. Make sure your faculty advisor is involved in helping you come up with ideas for meetings and events. One of the things I didn't mention in the story is the GSA had a monthly bake sale table in the quad selling home made cookies, and inside each bag of cookies there was an invite to the next meeting with a raffle ticket for a good prize. The GSA got local merchants to donate prizes, like CDs and DVDs, an MP3 player, T's, water bottles, stuff like that.

Colin B)

When trying to attract peoples interests I find it helps to ask what they'd like to see done.

Maybe hand out questionnaires to current members asking how they enjoyed being a member so far, what they would like to see and what events they would enjoy... then maybe ask the freshmen.

My story Family Matters on Codey's World has ideas about the sorts of things that can be done to attract kids to a GSA in the first part of the story. The story is fiction, but the GSA activities are what was done at my high school. Make sure your faculty advisor is involved in helping you come up with ideas for meetings and events. One of the things I didn't mention in the story is the GSA had a monthly bake sale table in the quad selling home made cookies, and inside each bag of cookies there was an invite to the next meeting with a raffle ticket for a good prize. The GSA got local merchants to donate prizes, like CDs and DVDs, an MP3 player, T's, water bottles, stuff like that.

Colin B)

When trying to attract peoples interests I find it helps to ask what they'd like to see done.

Maybe hand out questionnaires to current members asking how they enjoyed being a member so far, what they would like to see and what events they would enjoy... then maybe ask the freshmen.

I think these are both excellent ideas!

Apart from that all I can really suggest is to create a fun, non-judgmental atmosphere where everyone can feel welcome :)