BBC's Sherlock

Anybody's seen this? Sherlock's page on BBC site.

Glib, funny, tons of great ideas. And Benedict Cumberbatch is a great Sherlock Holmes. (Quite a hot/ cute one too...)

I had doubts on the modern day transposition when I read about this a few weeks ago, but they made it to work amazingly well.

Being a Hustle enthusiast also, I'm impressed by the quality of BBC fiction.

Sorry.... but i think this is an awful modernisation of a classic. shame on the BBC!!

That's interesting. I really expected to be disappointed. If you don't buy the modernisation gimmick after ten minutes watching, I may imagine it's annoying. I got a much more Sherlock Holmesy pleasure watching this than the Robert Downing Jr version, the script of which seemed a bit bloated, and not worthy of Conan Doyle. For me, it made for an OK movie, but not an awesome Sherlock Holmes story.

I really liked the Watson/ Holmes dynamic. My feeling was also that Sir Arthur's great plots actually stood the trial of time, these films (two so far) being much better than most modern TV mysteries.

I thought that the 80s/90s version with Jeremy Brett were the definitive adaptations; in my opinion, these do add something to the Sherlock Holmes lore.