Mardi Gras 2014

Tomas

The Mardi Gras 2014 season in New Orleans was officially opened last night with the Twelfth Night Revelers ball. 

The season runs until midnight on Mardi Gras or Fat or Shrove Tuesday [which this year is March 4th] the day before Ash Wednesday. There will balls and parties until then with parades during the last two weeks before Mardi Gras day. At midnight on Mardi Gras day, Rex, the king of carnival, and his queen will go to meet the king and queen of Comus and thus bring to a close the 2014 Mardi Gras Season.

• Like 2

With all the "King Cake" parties that I attended when I was youngster, and all the King Cake that I consumed at said parties, I never once got the golden bean trinket (which in later years was changed to a small plastic baby trinket).

Of course, that meant that I never had to provide the cake for the next party. :)

I'm definitely making an effort this year to get out to a few parades and parties for the Mardi Gras season. Gotta get the sinning outta the way before the Lenten season after all lol :devil:  :lmao: