Gregorian Chant

TetRefine

If there was ever a more beautiful sounding type of music, I have yet to hear it. I could get lost in their voices for hours. I grew up in a Catholic household, so I was introduced to this from an early age, and even then I had an appreciation for it. If you are ever feeling stressed out or angry, just listen. It'll throw away any of those feelings. 

• Like 4

I couldn't agree more. Although with me it's always been toss up between Gregorian and the singing of the boys choirs of the churches and cathedrals of England and Europe.

My favorite Gregorian was the singing of the choir of the Benedictine Monks of St. Peters Abbey of Solesmes, France.

You are right though, Gregorian can be soothing and relaxing.

• Like 1

Sweet gregorian chant. Allegri's Miserere is my favorite 

I like anything written by Hildegard Von Bingen.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dehwp_dRlYQ

Original Chants for female voices are rare to find.

In the spirit of general choir, here is a bunch of japanese boy's choir performing Polyushko Pole. 

That clip is from the japanese movie, Boys Choir. Watch that movie if you can find it! It's a movie about choir boys and vaguely queer angst.  There's no sex or anything close to kissing that in the movie, but it is refreshingly queer in innocent ways.