Reviews are intended to provide potential readers with some expectation of what they will be reading without spoiling the story. Please keep the following points in mind:
- Feedback to authors through comments and reviews are often the only form of repayment an author gets for their hard work in writing.
- While a "great story" is better than nothing, a "great story! I loved the characters and the emotion the story creates" would be better. The more you can articulate the better it is for the author and fellow readers. Just be careful to avoid spoilers. See Spoiler FAQ if you do not know how to use Spoiler tags.
- Story Reviews require a 1 (worse) to 5 (best) star rating and commentary. If you do not like using the star ratings, then use the "Story Comment" tab instead of "Story Review"
- While there is no rule against leaving a 1 star review, if you do so, then you must leave constructive feedback. Anything along the lines of "this sucks" will attract troll guards. You do not want be a troll.
Rule of thumb on stars:
- 5 Stars - Excellent. One of your favorites.
- 4 Stars - Great story.
- 3 Stars - Good story.
- 2 Stars - Fair Story.
- 1 Star - This story was not my cup of tea and I am petty and wish to attract negative attention by using a 1 star review.
We authors love your feedback, so don’t be shy!