Jump to content
    AnaB
  • Author
  • 287 Words
  • 986 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Eyes of Time - Prologue. Prologue

Prologue:

The first time it happened it caught me completely unaware.

Words fail me to describe the atrocity of what I witnessed on that night.

A chain of unforeseen events taking place as though it had been screen-playedbefore. As if someone had premeditated all of it. But my mind refuses to accept such notion. All that gore could not be the result of a human mind. A mind that worked and thought through similar processes as my own.

As long as I live I shall not ever forget that landscape of horror. I watched dumbfounded, standing in the middle of dust, twisted metal, and other undistinguishable detritus, as the lives of all those screaming people took a turn for the worse.

The shadows played on their desperate faces, the result of fires still erupting everywhere. The dirt seemingly covering all there was to cover. The screams getting ever so loud as the time moved on.

It has happened several times since. Random blackouts that have allowed me to witness the darkest corners of human soul. I have no control over them, not when they happen, nor my destination. I only know that I am only allowed to see great catastrophes that have occurred in the past. I cannot intervene, I am only a bystander, the ghost’s eyes of humanity’s desperation. At least, this is how it has been so far. It started when I became eighteen, and have become ever more frequent.

This is my story. My name is Rhina, and I am a time-jumper. I do not know what is my purpose and much less why was I given such a gift. But my inner-clock tells me that I’m very close to finding out.

Copyright © 2011 AnaB; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..