Jump to content
    BWCTwriter
  • Author
  • 488 Words
  • 667 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Gone From Darkness - 1. Making Of

Wow, was this story a challenge. I thought the idea of the storyline up a few months ago. I’m not sure why, but the idea just hit me like a sack of potatoes, and I was like “whoa…. Where did that come from?”

This was the first time I created something that was not at all based on my own life (other than the use of my name). In previous writings, I always found it difficult to write a new identity for the main character. I never felt “connected” to them, because their past was not mine. Love Transcending was easy, since a lot of it really happened to me.

When I started thinking of writing “Gone From Darkness,” I was immediately unenthusiastic. Yep, the cat's out of the bag. The new story is (as you will come to see) is appropriately titled "Gone From Darkness." Before anyone objects, I do have permission from Comicality himself to use the title. Although the title is similar, I assure you that the story is not. Anyway, I felt that the storyline I'd thought up was great, but feared that writing in the perspective of a character not based on myself would be impossible. For weeks, I put off writing the story, as I just had this feeling that I’d never be able to do the story justice, never be able to play it out on paper as well as it did in my mind.

Well, for quite a while after that, thoughts began to stew in my mind. The storyline became more advanced, the characters’ personalities seemingly creating themselves in my thoughts. Well, at one point the story was literally SCREAMING to be written. It was the first time I really felt compelled to write.

I remember being at work, and having those thoughts almost completely consume my mind. I woke up thinking about Gone From Darkness, and I went to bed thinking about it.

So, when I finally submitted to writing it, the story poured out of me. I had no idea it would take shape so well, even in the first draft. I was almost afraid to edit it, as it just seemed so perfect when it was finished. But then, even editing it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. I never thought I’d have a lot of fun writing a short story, much less THAT short story, but I did. Soon, 30 pages turned into 40, and here it is, ready for your enjoyment.

I truly hope you get as much out of this story as I did. Please, take some time to send me some thoughts if you really did enjoy it. Hell, even if you hated it, I'd still like to hear what you think. I love feedback, even if its not all positive, on my literary works. Thanks.

-- Bwctwriter

Copyright © 2011 BWCTwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..