Jump to content
    J_C_Lawrence
  • Author
  • 308 Words
  • 1,288 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

What about kismet? - Prologue. Prologue: The Book of Luke

Here is a song to listen while you are reading the Prologue:

Don Broco - Beautiful Morning

THE BOOK OF LUKE

Prologue: And so begins...

“Damn...It’s 8:15 am and I am freaking late for my appointment.”

I slide down the stairs of my not so shabby apartment at 2ndAve, unit 35E Riverdale Lofts, when it suddenly occurs to me that I seem to have forgotten something of importance, that which might save me from the distress calls of my annoying editor. For him to be calling me at 2:30 am on a nightly basis, just to harangue me if I have finished the layout for this month’s article is not something I prefer; only if I want a good night’s sleep that is.

In the middle of rushing down the stairs to get to my car, I hastily run from the first flight of stairs near where my car is parked, and instead, came rushing back to my unit to search and get my flash drive as I have instantly remembered. I reach down and grab my set of keys from the already overflowing stacks of mess inside my sling bag, and suddenly find a business card.

 

The Ritz – Wellington:

Fitness & Wellness Center

 

- Head Senior Managing Fitness Consultant -

Joe Timothy De Morellio

 

As I stand there, seemingly dumbfound as I try to refresh my memory of how the card was incorporated together with my personal effects. I take a glimpse at my watch and see that I am already running late. Knowing that I left my flash drive somewhere on my desk, jogging my memory at my panicked state is a hassle and a time consuming activity. Therefore, I decide to take a raincheck at analyzing the events that lead to that card having mysteriously appeared inside my bag.

“I wonder who this Joe person is...” I think to myself.

"©Copyright_GayAuthors(2011)(by: J.C.Lawrence); All Rights Reserved."
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..