Jump to content
    JMH
  • Author
  • 5,456 Words
  • 1,451 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Road to the Future - 1. Part One

Prelude:

********************************************************

 

Harper could not remember the last time he had seen a flower, tree, bush, or even a weed. For a sea captain, used to seeing endless blue, the ocean of yellow sand was getting to him, as it was the rest of the men… all but Warren. Even with his burned and scared skin peeling, he continued their forced march across the endless desert.

 

Not taking the advice of the Isilians, Warren had insisted on taking horses instead of camels, believing they would allow him to travel faster across the giant dunes. It was not long, however, before he learned how wrong he was, as the horses died from the heat and lack of water.

 

For Harper, walking on foot across the hot sand was bad enough, but not as punishing as breathing in the fumes from the tar and oil pits that speckled the desert. Everyone but Warren complained of the headaches, dizziness, and the nausea they caused. The High Inquisitor marched on, determined to reach his goal regardless of his suffering and that of his followers.

 

Warren did one smart thing in his rush to reach the Lahorian Empire; he carried a ship’s compass and the best map the Isilians had of the Desert of Flames. With those tools, he led his Inquisitors halfway across the desert to the only known oasis in the middle of the endless waste.

 

Having learned early on it was better to travel at night, Harper gazed across the moon-lit landscape, his eyes searching for any sign of a settlement, or life of any sort. It took seven weeks of traveling before he saw the gathered fires of the oil traders’ camps around the only known source of water for hundreds of miles.

 

Harper’s hopes rose, only to find them dashed when he discovered the settlement was under the firm control of the Lahorians, who charged small fortunes for access to the three wells that made up the oasis.

 

Still, Harper handed over his officer’s insignia, made of gold, to the Lahorian well guards, just for the pleasure of having a few buckets of lukewarm water dumped over his head to wash away the sand and sweat, and cool his sunburned skin.

 

Using his black shirt to keep his hair wet, Harper returned to where Warren had set up camp. On seeing the sea captain in some resemblance of cleanness, and the captain’s new dark tan, Warren waved Harper over to his tent, where he took his pleasure from his body.

 

After his near burning at the stake, Warren kept his body wrapped in white bandages; his face behind a Centurion mask to prevent the scar tissue from becoming more burned or dried out as the skin slowly healed. That had made the sex Warren demanded difficult at best. It was done while Warren remained clothed but Harper naked. The only skin Harper was allowed to touch or look at was Warren’s manhood, which he allowed to slip out of his pants. When it was over, Warren handed the Sea Captain a small diamond as payment.

 

Harper understood a little of what Warren was feeling. Back in his youth, he had taken on an older lover for a few months. Years later, when the man was in his sixties, Harper found out that he had to pay three gold standers just to have a younger man touch him.

 

It was all part of living in the past, a man who was once sought after by youths in their twenties one day finds that they will not even talk to him. A man’s skill at seduction, once a source of pride, was now seen as an act of desperation. That was where Warren was now, his only means of seduction being his power over his men.

 

Harper was not willing to reject his superior’s advances, however, and not just because he knew Warren could order him killed. Warren's machinations, manipulations, and charisma went well beyond his looks. Harper no longer believed in the dream of the Inquisitors rising to power. He did believe that Warren would get his revenge and, when that day came, Harper would be there. After years of service as an Inquisitor spy, betraying his Admiral and the Church of the Mother, he would one day have a chance to redeem himself; all it cost was his body.

 

It was on the third day at the oasis that the Lahorian clerics came. For days, Warren had demanded to be guided to Purrsha, the capital of Lahore. Not speaking Lahorian, he had been forced to use the oil traders to speak with the Lahorian soldiers.

 

The Lahorian clerics did not come bearing warm greetings from the emperor, however. Instead they arrested Warren and all of his followers, tying them together with leather ropes, and setting them to marching eastward towards the end of the desert that very night,into the empire.

 

As he followed the man in front of him, Harper was at least relieved that the Lahorian guards kept them well fed and stopped often for rest. Still, the eager looks the Lahorians gave him and the rest of the men worried Harper. He was sure they were being led to Purrsha, but for what purpose he only had his nightmares as guides.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter One: War Crimes

***********************************************************

 

Field Marshal Lukas stood before the Federation court, his legs and hands in chains, stripped of his uniform, dressed only in red, the color that symbolized slavery in the west.

 

He had been taken to Sol, the heart of the Federation, instead of Jadoor since all the Federation nations had a claim on the man they blamed for so much suffering.

 

Standing at the head of the court was Aidan, King of Jadoor. Representing the strongest of the Federation nations, he sat in the chair of the High Judge. To his left was Supreme Matriarch Ashella of Manthannon. Since it had been her new weapon that had allowed the city walls of Sol to be breached, Aidan had found himself obliged to give her a seat on the panel. To his right was Lord Gustav, fief-Baron of Eb. His lands had been the most ravaged during the Centurion occupation.

 

All three sat on a high podium looking down at the accused. To their left, in a box, sat the witnesses. To the right, was the jury, made up of Federation Ambassadors from the different kingdoms.

 

After Aidan hit the gavel three times, he stood up to make his opening remarks. “Today, after a year of war we have a chance that we have never had in our history… to criminally punish the man who caused so much suffering to our people… the former Field Marshal from Domus… Lukas.”

 

To this there were a few cheers, but mostly curses were thrown in Lukas’ stoic face.

 

“In the summer of the year 4210, the Western Centurion Army under the command of Field Marshal Lukas began an all out invasion of the Federation, attacking Freen, Dorsa, and Yelding… making it as far as Uul. It was only then, by our united might, that we were able to turn the tide of the war. Jadoor, with its fleet, wiped out the Centurion armada at Eb. With aid from Manthannon, we were able to retake Sol, the heart of our Alliance. That, combined with the men of Rapa, Gladmore, Drakor, and even Austrola, forced the Centurions to do something they had never done before: surrender. That fact, though, does not bring back the tens of thousands of lives lost, or repair our looted cities. And that is why we are here today, to see the man who caused so much pain and sorrow face justice.”

 

Aidan sat back down and waited for what Lukas would have to say. “I am a Field Marshal of the Domus Empire and as such I do not recognize this court as having any authority over me. In any case, I am guilty of nothing. Men… men worse than I, should be facing trial here. Men like Zophar and Aegis, men who betrayed me and the empire. As the ruler of a nation, I am above such petty laws as you claim enable you to judge me. As a Field Marshal, I cannot be judged by anyone, for it was my right to make the decisions I made and I refuse to have them second guessed! If you hold me guilty for my actions as a leader of men, then all of you are equally guilty. No man or woman given the power over life and death is innocent of the lives that have been ruined by their commands.”

 

That was the Former Field Marshal's only defense. For as long as there had been men in position over other men, there had been universal law protecting the rights that the nobility had as military officers.

 

In response, Aidan only smirked. “But you are no longer a Field Marshal Citizen Lukas. Your rights and privileges as leader of a nation are gone. You will face the judgment of this court, and it will be your own men who will condemn you.”

 

The first to take the witness stand was Lieutenant Grast, a survivor of Eb, his body was skeletal from his time trapped on the island, but his voice was strong and determined as he addressed the court. He told about Lukas’ selfish reasons for ordering the invasion… falling for Senator Peril’s trick of framing Jadoor for an assassination attempt. Grast then spoke in great detail of how his men tried to follow the Field Marshal’s orders to escape from Eb with the result being more death and suffering.

 

“So, do you feel the invasion of Eb was a mistake?” Ashella asked when he was done.

 

“It was obviously a trap from the beginning. Most of the captains felt so… they would tell you so if any survived,” Grast replied. During his entire testimony Lukas refused to look at the man.

 

“One did survive… and has spoken to us about his attempt to escape Eb, and he agrees; any competent leader would have seen Eb for what it was.” Ashella smiled.

 

“That is not the issue! I would have won and my men rescued if the Famulus rowers had not betrayed me!” Try the traitors not me!” Lukas insisted as the witness was dismissed. So enraged was Lukas that he strained against the chains that held him in place. With the strain on the chains, the wooden boards the chains were bound to began to break. A guard, seeing Lukas was about to break free, grabbed hold of an iron candlestick from the defense table and hit him on the back of his head.

 

His mind suddenly plunged into a fog, Lukas was helpless as more chains were tied to him and a pair of iron stocks bound around his legs. It was only as the court returned to order that Lukas felt his mind clear enough to see who had taken the witness stand: Commander Aegis.

 

“The court presents Commander Aegis Calador.” Aidan banged the gavel.

 

Aegis was now sporting a pair of black wings, given to him by Aidan’s bond; a bond only given in order to protect him from Dorian who thought Aegis was as much a traitor as Lukas.

 

This time, Lukas did turn his eyes toward the witness stand, hating the man with all his heart. He had learned that it was he, not Zophar, who had allowed the city to fall. Still, that did not mean his heart had softened towards the General. He held the general responsible for trusting his commander.

 

“Aegis, when Lukas says you are a traitor, do you believe him?” Aidan asked on Dorian’s insistence.

 

“Did I betray him? Did I also betray Zophar? Yes, I did. But what I did was because of my loyalty toward my fellow men trapped on Eb, Sol, and to my lover. Just like at Eb, Lukas had sent us on a suicide mission to hold Sol. As a Centurion Commander, it is my job to protect my men above all other orders. As a Field Marshal, it was Lukas’ responsibility to look out for the lives of his legions above all else. I held my oath to protect my men, he did not… that is why Lukas is the true traitor, not me or my general,” Aegis spat.

 

A look of confusion and doubt appeared beneath the anger Lukas was showing, as Aegis left the witness stand.

 

After Aegis, came the villagers whose homes had been burned, and the merchants who had lost everything during the traditional looting of the cities. There were also the widows and orphans of men who had died at Centurion hands. During all their testimony, Lukas showed little or no emotion. He knew from the start of this sham trial that he would be found guilty. All he needed to do was wait for them to sentence him to death.

 

After all the testimony had been given, Aidan stood to give the judgment of the jury. “You, Lukas, the former Field Marshal of the Eastern Centurion Army, have been found guilty of crimes against both the innocent and your own men.”

 

“So kill me… it will not bring back your loved ones. As you spill my blood, I see the future and prophesize that the unity you have today will one day fall. You will betray each other as my men betrayed me. The coming blood bath will make what I did to you look like a drop in an ocean.” Lukas replied, almost laughing.

 

“That will be enough, Famulus.” Aidan ordered, giving Lukas a deadly insult.

 

“Famulus! I am a Centurion!”

 

Ignoring him, Aidan continued with the sentencing. “As part of your punishment, the skin from your back is to be flayed, removing every tattoo that marked you as a Centurion. After that you will only be allowed to dress in black.”

 

“I would rather be naked.”

 

“I think you will find that quite impossible… as you are to be sent to the gulag in Drakor, where you will find it very cold.”

 

“And you think I will mind that… I am 38 years old. Do you know what that means for a Centurion? It means I will be dead in two years. I have sentenced common thieves to lesser punishment.”

 

“No you will not die,” Aidan laughed knowingly. This was the part he had been waiting for. Two Demon Spawn entered the domed room and grabbed Lukas, holding him as Aidan approached. As the King of Jadoor joined Lukas on the defendant stand, the Spawn pried opened Lukas’ mouth.

 

Aidan, giving the former Field Marshal nothing but a look of hatred, kissed him, letting his anima flow into Lukas’ body. Once it was over, the Demon Spawn drew their swords and held them ready. Just as Lukas’ black raven wings grew from his back, they were chopped off by the Demons’ swords. Aidan picked them up and threw them into a fireplace, watching as the Spawn went to work slicing away skin and flesh from Lukas’ back. It was only after the skin had healed with a layer of scar tissue that Lukas was released.

 

Humiliation. Lukas was filled with rage. Lunging forward, he tried to take hold of the king’s throat, in a desperate attempt to strangle the life out of him. His hands barely moved three inches when they froze up in pain.

 

Aidan chuckled as he watched Lukas struggle. “You are part of me now… there is nothing you can do without me knowing. You can never act without my permission. From now on you will only be allowed to chip away at black shale, as you live out an empty life for the next eight hundred years,”

 

“I don’t believe you!” Lukas swore as the Demon Spawn began to drag him away.

 

“You will, and on that day you will know what true suffering is… to live a life without freedom,” Aidan swore as he watched the former Field Marshal taken away, content that justice had been done.

 

Chapter Two: Emptiness

********************************************************

Jason awoke to a large empty space by his side. Not since Gideon’s death, had Philip felt comfortable sleeping in the same bed with him. Jason missed the warm and comforting feeling of having his back up against Philip’s strong chest, his lover’s massive arms wrapped around his waist.

 

Sliding out from under the silk sheets, Jason dressed in blue trousers and a white shirt before slipping on the sapphire ring Philip had given him only nine months ago, but in another life.

 

Jason went searching… searching for the love and comfort he now missed. He would not find it inside the walls of the Keep as the place was filled with Philip’s Demon Spawn and they would never touch him. Jason knew he could turn to Varrus, but as his High Chancellor was occupied with keeping the kingdom together, he did not feel right bringing his troubles to the second love in his life.

 

That left his Winged Guards, those that remained protecting the palace. The only problem was that Philip had ordered him to remain in the Keep, for his own safety. But, led by his loneliness, Jason let his wings glide him down to his old room in the royal palace.

 

The blue and silver decorated room filled with the history of past kings had always felt like one of the Domus museums to which Philip had taken him. Such memories caused tears to fall down his face, as a cold shiver ran down his spine. Jason closed his eyes, leaving the chill of his isolation as the only sensation he felt.

 

After a long period of time, two Winged Guards walked in. “Your majesty?”

 

The sound of voices broke the void into which Jason had placed himself. “Yes…” Jason asked as he opened his eyes to see Koltus and Geoff standing in their silver armor, worried expressions on their faces.

 

Geoff… one of Jason’s Winged Guards spoke. “I sensed something was wrong. For some reason I knew you were here. Koltus was on patrol with me and so followed me here.”

 

“I’m so alone…” Jason cried as he curled into a ball on the floor, the tears falling down his face.

 

“What should we do?” Koltus asked Geoff, who was not only older than he but his superior.

 

“Let me take care of this… just help me with my armor. Logan will be here soon.”

 

“Logan, the blacksmith?” Koltus asked as he worked to undo the leather straps of Geoff’s plate armor.

 

“Yes.” Geoff took off his metal wrist guards, letting them fall on the floor.

 

Just as Geoff was lifting his padded shirt off, Logan made his way into the room, walking past Geoff and Koltus, right up to Jason. “Shhhh… I’m here now… you are not alone.”

 

Jason let the large blacksmith lift him off the floor and place him on the blue-sheeted bed. Logan’s body was dirty and covered with sweat from working in his shop, but he ignored the fact that he was soiling the sheets.

 

Koltus watched as Geoff continued to undress, the blue glow of his eyes intensifying. Geoff was slightly below six feet in height but, because he was so slender, he appeared taller. The former knight then made his way to the bed, stopping there. He hesitated, not sure what to do.

 

Jason, with a bare-chested Logan on top of him, turned his wet eyes toward Geoff, reaching out his right hand.

 

Geoff continued to hesitate, not able to resolve his old life with his new. Back in the days when he was an assassin, he had slept with neither women nor men, unless the mission called for it. No person he had ever been with had ever remained alive for long.

 

Seeing Jason on the bed, his arm outstretched brought waves of conflicting emotions from the Winged Guard. Jason wanted his love, and he wanted it physically demonstrated. For a man who had only experienced such love ending in death, Geoff could not separate the fear from anticipation. He could not free himself from his past as easily as Jason had thought making him one of his Saints would allow.

 

Frozen between fear, need, and desire, Geoff did not move, not until he felt a pair of warm hands on his tanned shoulders.

 

“Is this your first time?” Caleb’s voice asked from behind Geoff.

 

“No…”

 

“Then what is it?” Kristen’s voice spoke up, also from behind.

 

Not sure how to confess his dark past, Geoff stuttered. “I have never… I’ve… When I have been with another person I have always… afterwards.” He could not bring himself to admit he had killed almost every person he had slept with.

 

“Jason, do you know what this is about?” Logan asked as he tried to pull down his work trousers, leaving the black smear of ash on Jason’s white body.

 

Jason knew why Geoff was frozen as he was. He could see into the minds of his Saints and so knew the source of his fear. He knew that, if he told the others the reason behind Geoff’s nervousness, they would lose what little trust they had in him. So instead of revealing Geoff’s dark secret, Jason reached out again, taking hold of Geoff’s shaking hand and pulled him closer before saying, “I trust you.”

 

“How can you?” Geoff whispered as he let himself be pulled closer to the bed.

 

“I just do,” Jason replied. He let go of Geoff’s hand, taking hold of Geoff’s manhood instead, which was now within reach of his mouth.

 

Geoff let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes as he felt his manhood surrounded by damp warmth. He felt Caleb and Kristen kissing his back and neck. Soon, the two of them guided him the rest of the way to the bed, until all five were under the sheets. While Caleb and Kristen concentrated mostly on each other, Jason focused on Geoff. Logan, though, was consumed by Jason.

 

“Is this alright?” Jason asked Geoff between kisses while their manhoods dueled beneath the sheets.

 

“Oh, Jason,” Geoff sighed, wondering again how he could have ever thought of hurting the young man.

 

Jason took the back of Geoff’s head and pressed it against his neck. He soon felt Geoff’s mouth sucking and licking the white flesh, leaving a gray mark. Suddenly Jason let out a sharp yell followed by a deep moan.

 

“Did you forget about me?” Logan cooed as he penetrated Jason, who only continued to moan.

 

“Jason… are you alright?” Geoff asked, wanting only for Jason to press his wide open mouth against his own.

 

*****************************

 

Geoff did not know when he fell asleep. From his position, on his right side, he could see that Logan had not stopped. He continued to kiss and lick the side of Jason’s neck and back, while his rough hands played with the front of Jason’s chest, only acknowledging Geoff with a wink. Geoff looked Jason in the face and, while his eyes were closed, the smile and movement of his head told Geoff that he too was awake.

 

Geoff turned back to looking at Logan, who now had a serious expression on his face, looking right at him. “Do you love him?”

 

Geoff nuzzled up against Jason’s white body and sighed, “Yes, I do.”

 

Jason opened his eyes and rolled himself on top of his guard. “Come with me.”

 

“I will.”

 

As Jason and Geoff left the bed, Logan had a disappointed look on his face. Turning to Koltus, who had watched everything, but not taken part, Jason nodded to the bed.

 

Leaving Koltus in the hands of his blacksmith, Jason led Geoff to the palace bath. Walking down the halls of the palace, naked, Geoff did his best to keep himself covered. Jason, as usual, walked past the Centurion guards and Famulus servants without embarrassment. Only when his body was soaking in the hot water of the pool did Geoff let himself relax. That was until he saw Jason swim over to him with a hungry look on his face.

 

“Jason?” Geoff asked nervously.

 

“Yes?” Jason said in a rich tenor that sent a shiver down Geoff spine.

 

“What are you going to do to me?”

 

“I am letting you love me.” Jason smiled as he played with Geoff’s blond curls.

 

“I did not know I needed your permission,” Geoff replied before he knew it.

 

“You don’t, but a part of you thinks you do.” Jason laughed as he pressed closer, until Geoff could feel the warmth of his breath.

 

“I… I do not know why, but I need you to love me.”

 

“And I need your love as well. I might be weak in that I have to have people love me.”

 

“Well, from what I have learned, your mother did not show you much love,” Geoff pointed out.

 

“I know… do you think I am just afraid that everyone who does not love me will treat me like my mother did?”

 

“You are living back where it all started,” Geoff agreed, not sure if his face was flushed from the warm water or the attention Jason was giving him.

 

“I am… the last time I was here, everyone died.”

 

“Do you now fear the same?”

 

“I do… I know what Philip wants me to do so it does not happen again… I just can’t allow it.”

 

“I see.” Geoff nodded. The longer Jason remained so close to him the stronger Geoff felt his passions rise.

 

“Is it bad that Philip and I are fighting?” Jason asked in a weaker, less confident voice that bespoke his true age.

 

“I have never been in a true relationship, but I think fights can happen without the feelings between two people changing.” Geoff’s voice shook. He did not want the talking to end, knowing that he would have nowhere else to go but to ravish his Angel.

 

Jason seemed to think the same. “You can touch me.”

 

“I want to do more than that,” Geoff stuttered.

 

Jason leaned down so his lips brushed against Geoff’s as he talked. “Then do it.”

 

No more was said. Geoff wrapped his arm around the back of Jason’s head and pushed it forward so that their lips pressed harder against each other. His other hand reached down and took hold of Jason’s manhood and squeezed the blood engorged flesh.

 

After Geoff had made the first move, Jason did not remain as passive as he was with Logan and Philip. He pressed back, hard… pushing Geoff up against the wall of the pool. Geoff could feel Jason’s hands slipping between the cheeks of his ass. The sudden shock of penetration led Geoff to break off the kiss, and let out a sharp yelp. Jason for his part just grinned as he lifted Geoff out of the water.

 

While Jason climbed out of the pool as well, three of the Domus Famulus spread out towels on the tiled floor. Out of the water, Jason led Geoff to the towels, letting Geoff lie on his back. Jason then turned his back to Geoff before climbing on top of him. His back arched and wings spread out, Jason lowered himself on top of the winged guard.

 

For a few moments Geoff just lay there, willing to play the role of the receiver of pleasure. “Jason…” Geoff sighed, the power of the emotions he had for the young man overwhelming him to the point of exhaustion.

 

“Jason…” a deep baritone spoke as well. Looking up, both Jason and Geoff saw Varrus hovering over them.

 

“Varrus…” Jason looked up, the tears building in his eyes.

 

“Now, now, if you were feeling so bad, you should have come to me.”

 

“But…” Jason protested. He thought he had been considerate in not disturbing his mentor.

 

“Jason… I know I have been occupied, but you always come first. Do you understand?”

 

“I do.” Jason nodded standing up so Varrus could wrap one of his raven wings around his Angel.

 

“Well, Geoff… it seems we will need to have a little ceremony.” Varrus chuckled as he looked down on Jason’s Saint.

 

“Ceremony?” Geoff asked confused.

 

“Yes… it seems you have a little extra skin on you.”

 

It suddenly hit Geoff that all the other men he had seen were circumcised. “Can you let me get royally drunk before this 'ceremony'?”

 

 

 

 

*********************************************************

Chapter Three: Promotion

*********************************************************

 

When Geoff was finally led to Varrus’ quarters, he hoped -- no, he prayed that it was to be taken by the black winged man. Since his transformation into a Saint, the faces of Jason, his Saints, and Varrus had dominated his dreams, both awake and asleep. Instead of the bedroom, however, he was led to Varrus’ office.

 

“Have a seat.” Varrus waved to one of the wooden chairs in front of his desk.

 

“We are going to discuss business?”

 

"Yes… you are being promoted."

 

"I am?" Geoff said in surprise.

 

"Yes you are… please sit."

 

Geoff went to one of the chairs, a good seven feet from Varrus and waited.

 

"Captain Gideon has had an accident," Varrus started.

 

"What sort of accident."

 

"A permanent one."

 

"He's dead?" Geoff said in shock.

 

"Yes, as far as we are concerned," Varrus said flatly, trying to hide his grief.

 

"What can I do to help?"

 

“You are to be the new Captain of the Winged Guards. Do you accept?”

 

"I do," Geoff said without a moment's thought. "I am honored, but may I ask why?"

 

"You may. It is partly because of your skill, but mostly because Jason trusts you. You are one of his children after all."

 

"Child…? I am much older than he is." Geoff laughed.

 

"So am I, but when he kissed you he made you his child." Varrus smiled.

 

"I see… I guess that explains why I can't stop thinking about him."

 

“You have to understand something, Geoff; you are now part of a large family that is bonded by one thing… our love for each other. As a result, Jason has several lovers but only one true love… Philip. Be warned to not try and change that."

 

"But he’s a Demon!" How can he love him?”

 

"Yes… a Demon with his children… his Spawn. Since you will be spending most of your time up here in the keep, you’d better get used to them both."

 

"But they look…" Geoff said not trying to hide his disgust.

 

"As I said, you better get used to them. In fact you might actually come to enjoy them…" Varrus laughed, ignoring Geoff’s protests.

 

"To be honest, sir, I have never fantasized about sleeping with another man before Jason… not to say… well, I do still like women."

 

"I see. Well, just tell Jason that. I'm sure he will watch out for you," Varrus said as he flew with Geoff to the keep and to a room where laughter could be heard.

 

Not even bothering to knock, Varrus pushed the door open to where Jason was being tickled by a recovered and energetic Logan.

 

"You two enjoying yourselves?" Varrus laughed at Logan.

 

"I never want to be away from this man," Logan declared as he rolled himself on top of Jason and began to hug him tightly.

 

"Why don't you go join them?" Varrus elbowed the former knight.

 

"The more the merrier… you too, Varrus." Logan winked.

 

"No… I think three will be more than enough." Varrus just smiled as he excused himself from the room.

Copyright © 2014 JMH; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..