Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A New Dawn - Prologue. Prologue

 

The New Dawn: Prologue

"...one of the strongest motives that lead men to art and science is escape from everyday life with its painful crudity and hopeless dreariness, from the fetters of one's own ever-shifting desires. A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought."

-Albert Einstein

In the early 23rd century after the Fifth World War, the United States of America, the current super power, decided to annex the countries below and above them to create a new more powerful nation. The first country to enter this new nation was Canada soon after all of the Central American and Southern American countries joined the new Union. A new constitution was written based on the old one, the few changes made gave more power to central government and making it mandatory for military experience to be eligible for presidency. This new nation came to be known as the United Earth Nation (UEN).And with its birth a fear arose in the hearts of the Middle East and the Asian nations. So in a haste they created a pseudo-alliance to take down the UEN.

 

The current President of the UEN saw this alliance as a threat to the newly formed nation and called upon its allies to help quell the fears of the Arab and Asian nations. All of Europe allied with the UEN and only one Asian nation helped the UEN, Japan.

 

On August 10, 2278, in a primitive strike against the UEN, during a trans-continental National the AAA (Arab-Asian Alliance) Convention detonated a nuclear device on one of the major cities of the UEN, San Francisco became a giant radioactive crater. The President at that time was not located in San Francisco but his family, 3/4 of the Northern legislators and 1/3 of the Southern Legislators were killed in the blast.

 

The UEN did not allow such brutality to go unpunished, while still searching for survivors. The President launched a full pledged war against the AAA. On August 28th 2278 the UEN and its Allies declared war. For forty- five years did this Great War go on, blood soaked the lands of the Arab and Asian nations by both sides of the conflict.

 

The few remaining nations of the AAA saw a way out with the usage of the Terra Gate System, a faster than light technology that used zero-point energy that allowed deep space travel. They in secret built two starships and stole the Terra Gate technology and infused it upon their ships. On January 2nd, 2323 the AAA surrendered to the UEN, but on the same day the new starships took flight and the remaining AAA launched a payload of nuclear ordinances on the allies of the UEN, they escaped using the Terra Gate on their ship. No one knows if they even survived the jump.

After the war, The UEN took control of the governmental system of Earth to keep order and peace. The UEN started to fully test the Terra Gate Technology on their starships. It was crucial for the UEN to perfect this technology, the world that was once was became poisoned by the final act of aggression of the AAA. Many Earth inhabitants had to be relocated onto the Mars colonies, which only has terra-formed 37% pf the planet. The UEN in fear that the AAA aggressors had survived the jump started to build a defense network around the SOL Solar System.

 

Humanity started to change, something within humans began to awaken, genes became active and gave humanity the ability to access certain zones of the brain that once no human could fully take control of. Only the UEN military system knew the full extent of the change.

 

Two centuries and some years have gone by and humanity of the UEN have grown into a great empire.

 

The UEN was about to be shaken to its core ...

Copyright © 2011 Julian Alexander; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..