Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 2,864 Words
  • 983 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Dear Naria - 1. Chapter 1

She gripped her sword tightly, swinging with precision she allowed the sharp blade to fall over the dark clothed rebels. She moved in swift dance, her steps light. Swing, cut, swerve, always moving, no stopping, no time to stop and see where she was headed, the village was counting on her. Her clan sisters fought with her. She fought for her Princess. Silence filled the night and she stopped, surprised when there were no more dark rebels coming at her. She glanced up.

Her red skirt was ripped to her upper left thigh, the red silk fabric stained with mud and blood. Her left arm stung where she hadn’t managed to escape the enemy’s blade. She ignored it and loosened her grip on her sword. The wind swept over the battle ground and she raised her head scenting death in the night.

“It’s over for now.” An authoritative feminine voice declared. She turned to find her clan sisters all standing just like her. Their clothing stained with blood, their hair held back from mud stained faces. Some were hurt; others stood tall, fury burning in their eyes at the blood spilled this night. As her gaze moved over the women standing, she could feel the pain of the ones they had lost this night. She let a deep breath out and finally looked at the princess. The Princess looked fearless in her bold red gear. She raised her sword to the air. A fierce roar of victory filled the night as the clan sisters screamed out their victory.

“The enemy might be defeated tonight but we must stay vigilant. Tend to the wounded, bury our clan sisters, and let’s return back to camp. Prepare to guard the village for the rest of the night.”

Telia sighed and stared at her sword. She wished the rebels would stop attacking the village.

“Telia,” the second in command, Hera called. She grimaced as she turned to look at the woman. “The Princess will see you in her tent, hurry, don’t make her wait.”

Telia nodded and started for the camp. Her thoughts centered on the fact that this was the third day of battle. The imperial army of Amana was late, they had been set to arrive the day before, and they still hadn’t arrived. Their clan lived in the Furian forest and had been forced to emerge to protect the weak villages at the edge of their forest when the rebels attacked. Peace softened people and The Empire had enjoyed a century of no battle. The villages full of half bloods had no warriors to protect them.

She wiped a hand over her forehead. Telia wondered what the rebels wanted. The Empress Almira ruled with a kind heart. What else did they want? She sighed. At the camp, she headed for the yellow tent set in the middle of the camp grounds. The camp was in a state of flurried activity as her clan sisters got ready to bury the dead in the morning. The wounded were being led to the medic tent. The cooks were serving hot soup and food. Her stomach growled as she realized she was hungry. A small girl ran to her, and she frowned. Short spiky hair, burgundy leggings and a warm red sweater, Hinna! She cursed under her breath.

“What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be keeping safe at the village.” Telia admonished the young girl when she came to walk beside her. “Go back right now. The rebels could attack again.”

“I had to come and make sure you were fine.” Hinna glanced at her left arm and gasped. “You’re hurt.”

“It’s just a scratch. Find my tent, Hinna. Stay there and don’t leave until I get back. I’ll take you back to the village.”

“But I want to stay with you.” Hinna whined her lower lip trembling. Telia sighed. It was so hard to control her little sister. “Why do you get to stay in danger? If you want me to stay in the village, then you have to be there too.”

“I have a duty to the Princess, and the clan. This is where I belong.” Telia stopped walking, her gaze falling on Hinna. “Please, Hinna. Go to my tent, we’ll talk about this later. I’ve been summoned.”

“Fine, that’s all you care about anyway. I’ll head back to the village by myself.” Hinna declared turning to leave.

Telia placed a hand on her shoulder and turned her. Her eyes flashing red, she ordered angrily. “You will go to my tent, Hinna. Don’t try to head back to the village alone, to my tent.”

Hinna shuddered. She bit her lip guiltily. “To the tent,” Hinna said, “Telia, you should really check your temper. It’s always so close.”

“Whose fault is that?” Telia asked as she watched Hinna run off to find her tent. Shaking her head in exasperation, she gripped the handle of her sword and went to the yellow tent.

“Princess,” she called. “It’s me, Telia.”

“Come.” The words were soft, but the tone traveled deep inside her. She entered the tent and stopped. She bowed a customary greeting before she raised her head to find the princess seated at a table her right arm being bandaged by a medic. “You should get your arm looked at as well, Telia. Come have a seat with us.”

Telia swallowed and went to seat across The Princess, her gaze on the gash on the princess’s right arm. It wasn’t deep, but it would make it difficult for the princess to wield her sword.

“Don’t wear that expression before us, Telia.” The Princess chided with a small smile. Her use of the word ‘we’ reminding Telia that she was dealing with the ruler of the clan right now. “We will be fine. We called you here because we have a task for you.”

“Yes, Princess,” Telia said quietly. She lowered her gaze hiding her worry from the Medic. It was forbidden to be intimate and familiar with The Princess, especially for one like her, whose blood line had no ties to royalty or noble blood. It didn’t matter though; her heart didn’t know those boundaries. The sight of The Princess bleeding made her ache.

The Princess waited for the medic to finish and leave the tent before she spoke again. “Pour us a drink, Telia.”

Telia reached for the jade jug on the table and the matching cup beside it. She poured crystal clear water into the cup and held it out to the Princess. “To your health, Princess,” she murmured.

The Princess took the cup with a small grimace and drunk the water. She put the cup down and studied Telia for a moment. The Princess’s green eyes were bright; Telia imagined their color matched the lush colors of the Furian forest. Mystical, and beautiful, enticing, she felt lost in them. The Princess smiled kindly her lush lips curving, Telia followed the movement.

“You and I,” The Princess said quietly, “share a secret that I treasure in these hard times, Telia. I foresee war and death, and it pains me to think of you in this battle. I cannot loose you.”

Telia gasped at the Princess’s words. She clenched her hands on her lap to stop from reaching up to touch the Princess. They were in the open; anyone could walk in to the tent. “Don’t send me away from your side. I’m happy to be in the same place you are, Princess.”

“I saw Hinna.” The Princess raised a brow at her and she sighed. “She worries for you. I will not be responsible for having taken you from her. She needs you.”

“My duty is with the guard, and the Imperial army.” Telia repeated the same thing she had told Hinna. “I fight for the House of Taimeng. Hinna understands this, please, Princess.”

The Princess sighed and got to her feet. She hadn’t changed the clothes she’d worn at the battle ground. Her red robes were soiled but her power remained. The Princess wore her power like a cloak; it enveloped her, from head to her black leather skin boots. Her long black hair was braided in a thick rope that ended at the back of her thighs. Visions of playing with it on a bed of green silk filled Telia’s thoughts and she bit her lower lip as emotions she’d locked away flooded her.

She closed her eyes unable to imagine never holding this woman in her arms again. She had to be here at the battlefield to watch over The Princess. She needed to remain here.

“Telia,” The Princess cut into her thoughts. “Look at me, Telia.”

Her eyes opened to find The Princess crouched by her side. Slender fingers caressed her wound and she sighed at the touch. The Princess raised her left hand up and trailed soft fingers over her cheek. Those fingers wiped at mud on her jaw before they brushed dark hair away from her face.

“Say my name, just once,” The Princess asked in a whisper.

Telia lowered her head to the Princess’s ear and murmured. “My dear Naria, please don’t send me away.”

The Princess pressed a kiss to her cheek. The touch of it gentle, soft, thrilling through her body, setting her on fire. She wanted to wrap her arms around The Princess, but she was cautious of where they were. The Princess pressed another soft kiss on her forehead before she stood up with a sigh.

“It pains me that you say my name with that plea. My love, I can’t allow it. You are more important to me than this battle.” The Princess shook her head. She moved back around the table and took her seat. Telia stared into the green eyes of her lover and sighed when she only found the ruler of the Furian Forest staring back at her.

“We have a task for you. The House of Meng plots treason against the Empress Almira. You must protect her son, Prince Yoshi. He will be traveling on the imperial lands tomorrow. Stay by his side, and protect him until he returns to the Palace. Do not return to us until he is named the Crown Prince.”

“Does the Empress know about this?” Telia asked her heart squeezing in fear at the thought of the crown being taken over by the House of Meng.

“The Empress will live, but they want to push her hand and make her cousin, Prince Tailen’s son, the Crown Prince. If Prince Yoshi dies, she will have no choice. You must protect him for us, Telia. We trust you with this task.”

“Yes, Princess,” Telia said quietly. “When do I leave?”

“You leave at once. Take Hinna, she will be safer with you.”

“What about you, Princess?” Telia asked, dropping all pretense. “How can I leave you here? The rebels will continue to attack, and they will mount-

“Obey our orders Telia of Furian,” The Princess said firmly. “The Empress has sent an army to us, they are a day away. The clan will be fine. The Prince Yoshi will not. Go, tonight.”

Telia sighed and got to her feet. She bowed to her leader and as she straightened up, she met sad green eyes.

“I will protect The Crown Prince Yoshi, with all that I am,” she promised.

“Telia,” The Princess said her name quietly. “Take care of yourself, and return to me whole.”

“Yes, Princess,” Telia said as she moved away from the table. Before she could leave the tent, she was suddenly turned into a tight hug. She almost gasped at the pleasure of having the Princess hold her so tightly. Her hands went around the Princess’s waist.

“I miss you already.” The Princess buried her face into Telia’s neck. “Bring my horse with you, he is steady and strong. Carry medicine with you, in case you get hurt, or even Hinna.”

Telia nodded in understanding. She breathed in Naria’s scent, keeping it deep inside her. Her heart pounded in her chest. She didn’t want to walk away from this woman. Leave her in danger; she closed her eyes tightly as she savored the embrace.

Naria pulled back slightly and sealed their lips in a bitter sweet kiss. Sweet because she loved kissing Naria, the taste addictive it haunted her when they weren’t together. Bitter because it was the last one she would have for an indefinite time. She had no idea how long this war would take.

Princess,” a quiet voice interrupted. “It’s me, Hera. I have new reports.”

They broke apart, and Telia sucked in air as she tried to compose herself. Naria took a step back and smiled at her before she turned and headed back to the table. “Come in, Hera. You may leave now, Telia.”

Telia breathed out the tears threatening to fall down her cheeks and gave The Princess a small bow. She hurried out of the tent in a blind daze. She hurried to her tent and had to stop for a moment at the entrance to gain control. She breathed in deep trying to stop the tears that were threatening to fall. She wiped a hand down her face and let her breath out slowly. Once she was sure she could face her sister with a clear head, she walked into the tent.

Hinna was setting the small table with food she’d gotten from the cooks. “Seat, have something to eat.”

“We don’t have time. I’ll eat as we pack. We are leaving.” Telia ordered as she walked to the bed on the corner. She grabbed up a pack and started shoving clothes and a few essentials into it. “I hope you haven’t unpacked bag.”

“I’m going too?” Hinna said excitedly. She clapped excitedly. “Where are we going?”

“I will tell you when we’re on the way. The Princess has given us an important task. She says it will keep you safe.”

Hinna grinned. “I knew she cared about you. I knew it. She’s sending you away from the battle. I hoped she would do it.”

“Stop it, Hinna.” Telia snapped glaring at her little sister. “You don’t understand what this means. She is left alone with nothing but responsibility to keep her company. You have no idea how difficult that will be for her.”

Hinna stared at her for a moment before she crossed the tent to hug her. Her slender hands wrapping around Telia’s waist tightly, she buried her face into Telia’s stomach.

“I’m sorry leaving her is hard for you.” Hinna’s voice was muffled against her. Telia closed her eyes and rested her hand on top of her sister’s head. “I get what I want, but you don’t. I realize what it will cost you but I won’t be sorry. I get to keep you alive. You’re all I got, Telia.”

Telia felt the tears she’d been fighting slide down her cheeks. She reached up and wiped them away angrily. She hugged Hinna and prayed for the safety of Princess Naria. She would do her duty as fast as she could and return back here.

Thirty minutes later, she and Hinna rode away from the battle field, taking a route leading deeper into the Furian forest. The path would take them toward the Imperial lands; hopefully they’d meet the Prince before the assassins did.

“Where are we going?” Hinna asked again. “You’ve changed your clothing. You don’t want people to recognize you belong to the Furian guard. Where are we headed?”

“It's only temporary, until we find the Prince. We're headed to the Imperial lands,” Telia answered her sister. She turned in the dusk to look at her little sister. “You get to meet the future Emperor, little sis.”

Hinna gaped and she smiled. She turned back one last time, her gaze searching and finding the yellow speck of color in the Furian camp.

*******

“It is done; Telia of Furian is on the way to meet the Prince.” Princess Naria reported staring into the bowl of clear water on the table. Her gaze rested on the Empress Almira's shimmering in the water. “She will fight for Prince Yoshi, your Majesty.”

“Thank you, Naria. I know what Telia means to you. I won’t forget what you’ve done for me.”

The water shimmered once and Almira's face disappeared. Princess Naria sighed. The Empress was wrong, she thought sadly. She reached up to touch the pendant hanging on her chest. She was the one who was grateful. Telia would be safer away from the battlefield. It was going to be a tough battle. The rebels were determined to kill all the half bloods. All half bloods, Prince Naria thought. Telia fell under that category. She was the daughter of a Furian and a man from the adjoining land of Fier. Telia’s blood was a mixture of the darkness of flames from the people of Fier, and that of the Furian people. She loved a half blood, and she’d be darned if the rebels slaughtered her Half blood. She sighed. Her decision was right; Telia would be safe protecting the Prince Yoshi.

******

Just something I've been playing around with. Hope you like it.

2012, lilansui
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

As far as I remember this story is the base for your another 'crown prince yoshi', but still as a separate story, I loved it!

 

I have come across a very few lesbian stories here. I have no idea how I missed this story. Amazing lead couple. Battle scene was good. The scene between Naria and Telia was heartbreaking.

 

Telia somehow reminded me of 'Lady Berth' from 'Game of Thrones' TV series.

 

I Wish you could continue this story as a love story of Telia and Naria as lead couple.

 

Anyway, I am babbling now, lol. Very nice short story. Loved it. Keep writing Sui because I am addicted to it:)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..