Jump to content
    Luc
  • Author
  • 141 Words
  • 965 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I, no more - 1. I, no more


I, no more

by Luc

We, no more

I, alone

Once two, now one, I stand exposed,

as empty as the starless sky,

as frigid breath, devoid of life,

turns snow that falls as soft as feathers

to a wanton whirlwind of shards of ice

that savagely slice into my skin

leaving cuts so deep they do not bleed,

cuts so deep they lay bare my soul

We, no more

I, alone

I wrap my ravaged arms around myself,

not to shield this empty shell

that used to house my soul, our soul,

but to hold within me all that remains -

the memory of the warmth of you

that even now abandons me,

borne away by the bitter wind

that blinds my eyes and stills my heart

We, no more

I, alone

--I, no more

Discuss This Poem


I want to thank a special friend who refuses to be referred to as my "editor" and will only admit to being "someone who points out things." Thank you, Rob, for pointing out things. My writing is always better when you do. And thank you, also, for the drawing that accompanies my poem. You took the image from my head and gave it form.
Copyright © 2010 Luc; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That came from such a dark place.

I No More.

Many ways to interpret that statement, and it kind of hurts to see the pain reduce someone to making that statement.

The words come alive and drip with emotion. This is a deeply moving verse.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..