Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Out There - 1. Chapter 1: A Dentention in the Life of Chris Swanson

I Would like to say thanks to Bud for Editing. also let me know what you thing at nicks_a_writer@hotmail.com...

As the sixth period tardy bell rang, I slammed the over crowded locker door shut, that I shared with my two best friends in the whole world, Ally Clark and Brent Higgs. I can tell what you're thinking, sharing a locker with two other people. There has to be textbooks falling out every time I open the locker. There is. But when you are one of three people that have the better-located locker, then that's just what happens. My locker is in the main hall of the school, so that gives you enough time to run to it and then to your next class.

 


That is what had me so late, those damn books, but I guess a third tardy for the day wasn't that bad considering the fact that if I played my cards right I could wiggle out of any detention slip with my electric blue eyes. I headed toward one of my favorite classes of the day, Drama. Yes, I said favorite. I am deeply into the performing arts, and plus its fun to watch Brent be put on the spot like that, just because he is that shy.

 


"You are late Mr. Swanson. Need I remind you that this habit of yours is bound to get you into some type of trouble." Mrs. Finning said as she pushed up her thick, cat eyeglasses, with her middle finger. I batted my lengthy eyelashes at her. "I would hate to be the one to fill out a discipline sheet on one this school finer performers. But I do what I must, just consider this you fourth warning." She sated while dramatically rapping her Shaw over her shoulder. "Now please be seated."

 


"Thank you oh so much for making sure the books were stacked up properly, because I really needed that one extra tardy to complete my collection." I sarcastically whispered and I took the remaining seat beside Brent.

 


"Any time man, any time." He replied, shaking his blonde bangs out of his eyes. He revealed those shocking green eyes that I liked to look at. He clapped my shoulder as I stuffed my bag under the seat.

 


"Today class, we shall be continuing our studies, of Greek theatre." She waved her hand magnificently as explained. I pulled out my big red textbook with the words Dramatic Learning, printed on the front with bright purple letters. Not the best color choices in the world in my opinion.

 


As she went on about a scene from Antigone, I let my mind wonder, because I have read the play at least five times. I let my mind wonder to what it would be like to kiss a boy. I am gay by the way. No one knows other than me, and I have known for 3 years now. I figured out that I liked boys when I was 13. I was in seventh grade, boys would keep talking about how it would feel to get to touch a girl’s boob, but not me I was wondering what it would feel like to touch another guys dick. No one knows this big piece information either. I celebrated my 16th birthday about 8 months ago.

 


As I sat there in my desk emptily staring at the front of the room, I had server debating mach in my head if I would ever get to know what it would feel like to have some one to have and call my own...

 


"Mr. Swanson, I did not appreciate you late intrusion, and I most definitely do not appreciate you day dreaming while I am assigning roles for our play that we are studying." She said matter-of-factly, while making her big purple dress flutter as she hastily walked to her desk. "I am growing impatient with you lack of attentiveness, I am only going to write you up for an official warning, but mark my words, I will not have any choice except for detention the next time you choose to step out of line." She said as she bent over her desk, making it to where only her gray bun was visible.

 


"I'm sorry Mrs. Finning, I promise it won't happen again." I pleaded all the while looking her directly in the eyes, and just fluttering my eyelashes enough to make her smile.

 


"Do not worry Mr. Swanson, I shall see to it that you have a prosperous detention, on Friday evening." She smiled and handed me the little pink slip. I despairingly reached out for the piece of paper. I made my way back to the single seat desk beside of Brent.

 


I laid the slip down on my desk and just looked at it. I was shocked. I mean

I was the good guy, that never did anything wrong. I have never had a day of detention in my life. I was having trouble digesting what was going, because I never got in trouble. I guess there really is a first time for every thing.

 


"Now as I was saying, before our little dramatic performance, Mr. Swanson, you shall play the part of the dictating king Creon." She looked at me pointedly. She continued on assigning roles to the rest of the class.

 


"Chris." I heard, barely above a whisper. "Chris, that was kind of harsh, you never do anything in here." Brent said barely audible.

 


I nodded and turned my attention back to the front of the room were Mrs. Finning started reading the introduction to the play. The rest of the class went by uneventful, that's why I was grateful when the bell rang to go to seventh period.

 


I gathered my belongings from underneath my desk and met Brent By the door.

 


"Christ, I can't believe she gave you detention. You are like her pet or something, especially on a Friday evening." Brent said with a seriously shocked look on his face. "I would have never thought that she would give the great actor, Chris Swanson, detention. She basically worships the ground you walk on." He continued shaking his head in disbelief.

 


As we reached our over crowded locker we were met with long brunette hair, I always thought that she was really pretty, but as you know I don't swing that way. Ally Clark turned around as she was placing her Calculus book back in our packed locker. She took one look at the pink slip in Brent's hands, with her deep chestnut eyes and shook her head disappointingly.

 


"I thought you said you were going to stay out of trouble this semester Brent. I mean we have only been back from Christmas break for what, a week and a half? God." You can tell that she is major mother figure to us, you know, always looking out for our best interests. Plus have I mentioned that she is beautiful, if I were straight I would totally be all over her. She has just the perfect complexion and body. She is every straight guys dream.

 


"It's not mine." Brent protested a little to whiney. "It's golden boys over here." He shoved the pink slip into my hands before I could even blink.

 


"Wow, you actually landed detention, who one earth gave you that. I mean every teacher in this building loves you. They think you are the perfect student." She said with a smug smirk spreading across her face.

 


"Mrs. Finning." I said as I began to feel the shame wash over me.

 


"Why the hell would she give you detention? I would have never thought that she would give the great actor, Chris Swanson, detention." She sounded just like Brent had about five minutes ago. "So what evening do you have, I'm assuming she wrote it up for next week considering that today is Wednesday." She said very sure of herself.

 


"Friday, right after school until five." I stated finally getting in more than a two-word sentence. "It sucks."

 


"You bet it sucks, I thought we were going to go to the movies around six." She said placing her free hand on her hip.

 


"We will just have to go to the eight o'clock showing I guess it's not a big deal you know." I said, thinking that I had obviously fixed the problem.

 


"Well I guess that sounds good, but I really wanted to be in the first showing." She said worrying about appearance was something that she did regularly. I don't know where I fall in on the social latter, but according to her it's not a low spot. My self, I could care less, just as long as I was with them. But you know how women are.

 


"I think we should all three start heading to drivers Ed, before we all get to share in Chris's Friday evening experience." Brent informed us with a fake smile plastered across his handsome face. Yeah Brent is cute, but I could never picture my self with him.

 


We all located our driving manuals and trudged to the room nearest the front exit. This is the Drivers Ed room. Since the new semester had started we decided that it would be best to enroll in this course, due to the fact that we all got our license through out last semester. For my 16th birthday I got a car, not necessarily new but it was a piece of shit either. So in order to take a deduction off of our parents insurance we took this class.

 


As we took our seats in the front row, Mr. Keller appeared from under his desk holding a set of keys. His thick glasses were lying on top of the mess that intruded his desk. He started to jingle them after the tardy bell had rang, looked down at one of the many papers that was jumbled up on his desk. "Today our driver shall be Mrs. Clark." He stated in his monotone voice.

 


Mr. Keller was a man with hair on the sides of his head but none what so ever-on top, and he would always wear a sports coat and dress slack. He misplaced his glasses a lot; over fifty percent of the time he didn't have them. But with or without them he was probably the safest driver in all of New Worth, our little town.

 


Ally was a good driver, that's why as our handful of classmates made their way out to the student driver car, they were not that excited. So nothing that eventful happened during that little outing.

 


When we got back to school Mr. Keller told us just to go one to our locker and put away our belongings, that the bell should ring in about three minutes anyway. We headed to our shared locker to put away what books we had, and to grab our books for the tons of homework we had that night. When the final bell of the day rang we made our way to the student parking lot where I was met with the site of my little brother waiting out side of the passenger’s door.

 


"Hey Tyler, how was you day there bud?" Brent questioned as he unlocked the door to his truck parked beside us.

 


"It was fine, this semester is a little harder than last semester though, and I really don't like algebra all that much." He complained about his typical freshman workload.

 


"Just wait till you become juniors like we are, then I will give you all the reason to complain. Just wait until you have to take calculus." Ally warned him as she put her school stuff in the back seat of her car.

 


"I can't wait ‘till I am though." He stated in a mater-of-fact tone.

 


"Let's just go. I'll call you guys latter tonight." I stated as I shut the

door to my car. Tyler followed suit and threw his bag into the back were it

landed right on top of mine. He kind of looked like me, well that's what

others say. He was a really cute kid, and like me he could get out of

anything with a batted eyelash, since we shared the same electric eyes. I

ruffled his mousy brown hair that was somewhat longer than my same colored hair.

 


"Do you got a lot of homework?" I questioned as he buckled his seat belt. I started the engine and whipped out of my parking space and started on the fifteen-minute journey home. I focused my eyes on the road as I waited for his reply.

 


"Yeah, a little bit, not to much though." He sighed. He was still not used to the demands of high school. He had just turned fourteen last week, so there is not a real big age difference between us.


"Well, get to it when we get home, cause I am going to have to cook tonight. Mom won't be home ’till nine, so I will need your help cleaning up a little, ok." I told him. My mother, Mary Swanson, was a nurse at the local hospital. She sometimes had ungodly hours. Mom has not really had to struggle to raises us, but it has been hard on her to work all of those hours.


Everyone says that Tyler and I get our good looks from her, but they just have never met our father. Come to think of it Tyler has never really met our father. He skipped out on us when I was just 3 and Tyler was barely a year old.

 


"Ok." He breathed, and took to looking out of his window.

 


When we got home he went straight for his bedroom to do his homework. I

spread the contents of my bag across the kitchen table and set to work.

First calculus, then English, followed closely by biology.

 


After completing my assignments I set to work on preparing dinner, I decided

to fix my moms favorite, that way I could earn a few brownie points with

her. This will ease her mood when I explain the pink slip that was lying on

the kitchen counter for her to see. It was about around eight o'clock when

dinner was finished. I called Tyler to set the table. As I placed the hot

Lasagna, toasted garlic bread, and fresh salad on the table I heard the

garage door slam. I looked at the clock and couldn't believe it. She was

home at eight fifteen.

 


"Hey mom, come and get it." I cheerfully called when I seen her shadow in

the doorframe.

 


"Whoa, you fixed my favorite." She stated in motherly tired voice. "I

haven't eaten since one o'clock today. I am starved." She sat down at the

table and began to dig in. I watch as she started shoveling the food over

in her plate. She then took her hair of the twist that she had placed it in

through out the day. As she took a bite, I went to the counter to retrieve

the pink slip and sat down at the table across from her.

 


I started by putting salad in my bowl, put Italian dressing over it and

start. "Mom, umm... I kind of need to tell you something."

 


She stopped eating took one look at me and politely smiled, "What is it

dear?"

 


"Well, today at school, I was tardy for Mrs. Finning's class, and she let me

by with that, but I sort of got spaced out when she was assigning role for

Antigone, and I didn't hear her assign my role. She gave me a detention for

Friday evening." I said all in one short breath.

 


"Well, I guess you'll just have to serve it like any normal student, but you

better not let this happen again or I will take you keys, okay." She

informed me with an arched eyebrow.

 


"Got it." I told her, I looked back at my salad and began to eat.

 


"So how, exactly, am I supposed to get home?" Tyler asked. He made a point,

I began to think, I'm sure Brent can bring him home I thought. "I'll can

Brent after dinner and see if he can give you a ride home, how is that?" I

asked more mom and than him.

 


"It sounds like a good plan, that is if he don't mind." Mom stated and

turned her attention back to the plate in front of her.

 
 


Around nine thirty I decided to grace Brent with pleasure of hearing my

voice. I picked up the phone receiver and dialed the familiar number. It

rang once, twice, three, times and then...

 


"Hello?" Brent answered.

 


"Hey there big guy, what's happening?" I replied. I heard him release a

small breath.

 


"Nothing much, what about you?" He quizzed back.

 


"Just wondering if you could be a great pal on Friday and give Tyler a ride

home." I asked

 


"No problem man." He said. "But I really need to get off here I have put my

home work of to the last possible second. So I will talk to you tomorrow,

ok?" He said as I heard the rustle of textbook pages in the background.

 


"Ok, see you." I said as I hung up the receiver.

 


I made my way down the hall to Tyler's room, to find the door lock. That

usually means that he is having his "alone" time and by that I mean

masturbating. I knock on the door. "Hey Brent said he could bring you home

on Friday, ok." I said through the door.

 


"Ok." He responded a little breathy. Just as I thought, I turned on my heel

and headed down the stairs to give mom this information. No not about the

pleasure of a fourteen year old, but about his ride on Friday.

 


As I entered the family room I saw the top of my mom's head resting on the

couch arm, her favorite movie was just about to finish play on television.

As I made my way around the sofa I realized that she was a little to quit.

I looked down to see her eyes closed and the remote control laid across her

chest. She was so far asleep that she didn't move as I removed the remote

from her chest, placed a blanket over her, kissed her for head, and turned

the movie off. I would tell her in the morning about Tyler's way home for

Friday.

 
 


The next morning I woke up to find a note on my, night stand:


Chris,
Gone to work, need to know about Tyler's way home for tomorrow, home around
9.


Mom

 


Short, sweet and to the point, that was always mom. I looked at the clock to

see a bright red, 6:33 staring back at me. I went to my bathroom, relieved

my self, stripped off and stepped under the warm spray of the shower. As I

began to lather up my head, I started to think what it would be like to see

another guy under the spray of my shower, standing before, with the water

streaming down him in great cascades. What it would be like for him to

motion me over to him and just start kissing me. As I rinse my hair, I came

to realize how quickly my erection had popped up. So after taking care of

that I stepped out of the shower and dressed for school.

 


As I made my way down stairs I was met with the smell of warm syrup and hot

waffles. 'Good god, Tyler's out done himself this time.' I thought as I

entered the kitchen to find him placing the food in the center of table. I

made my way over to the cabinet and took down two plates.

 


"So do you have basketball practice today?" I asked him as I took the seat

across from him and dug in.

 


"Yeah." He replied through a mouth full of waffle.

 


"What time is it over, that way I won't be late for picking you up." I

question further, while taking a bite.

"Fo-erty." He replied with a mouth full so big I couldn't understand him.

 


"You do know that you are supposed to swallow before you take another bite,

right?" I sarcastically asked.

 


He swallowed and replied "Four Thirty."

 


"Ok." I said as I finish up my waffle. We simultaneously got up from the

table at the same time. I took his plate and loaded it the dishwasher. He

reached me my bag for school and we headed out to the garage. The drive to

school was mostly silent other than the radio blaring. Neither one of us is

that much of a talker in the morning.

 


I parked beside of Ally's car, looked over and seen her setting in it filing

her fingernails. 'That girl is all about looks,' I thought as I got my bag

and got out of the car. I pecked on her passenger window and took the

vacant seat. We watched a Tyler waved us bye and went on into the school

building to look for his friends. We set there and discussed nothing of

great importance while waiting for Brent to arrive. Five minutes before the

first bell rang, he whipped in his spot all most hitting my car.

 


"Some one has obviously over slept." Ally stated as she put her fingernail

file back into her purse.

 


We met him in front of Ally's car and made our way up to the building for

our fifteen minutes of home room, which I found totally pointless because

all they did was take attendance and we sat and talked for the remaining

time. The bell rang signaling everyone to go to his or her first period. Me,

Brent and Ally head for our AP English III class. This was always the most

boring and hardest class that we had. As usual it seemed to drag out as the

old fossil of a teacher went on explaining the importance of conjunctions.

 


Thank god the bell for second period rang and that is were Ally and I split

up with Brent, because he had Chemistry and we had biology. We took our

usual back lab station and got our things ready for today's work. We were

assigned to read chapter 18 and doing notes over the first two sections.

Fifteen minutes through class, class the door wrenched open, and in walked

the most beautiful boy I had seen in my whole life. He was taller than I

was, and I was 5'11", he was also broader. He had shaggy black hair that

fell in just the right places. He stone gray eyes where shadowed just

enough to leave you looking extra hard to see. He had great arms to. It

looked like he liked to take care of himself.

 


"Excuse me, may I ask why have you decide to intrude upon my class so late."

Mr. Wilkins, the old teacher, demanded.

 


"I'm so sorry sir, I'm knew here and I have had trouble locating the

classroom, they are number weird." He said in a beautiful kind of deep

voice. It reminded me of a low hum, and I loved it.

 


"Well, we do not take to tardiness kindly here at New Worth High School, Mr.

... um I don't seem to know your name?" He asked rather rudely in my

opinion.

 


"It's Brady Williams, sir." He stated in his deep stern voice. I could feel

myself melting into a puddle of nothingness.

 


"Well Mr. Williams, how about you serve detention tomorrow evening for you

lack of time management." He filled out a familiar pink slip and handed it

to this new guy that I knew I would have to befriend. "Here you are, it

begins right after school tomorrow and ends at five o'clock."

 


Brady took the slip and placed it into his binder and turn to take the only

vacant seat in the room, the one right in front of me. I was excited that I

would get to have the pleasure of staring into the back of this boy's head.

As he began to set down he looked back and I caught his eye. He held the

look for just a second and turned around to get to work on his biology

assignment.

 


After what seemed like only ten minutes passed the bell rang. I packed my

stuff away and turned to catch one last look at this unfamiliar beauty, but

he was already gone. I'm sure he didn't want to land another detention, but

it all depended what he had next period.

 


The two next classes went by in a blur, because all I could think about was

this new found interest. All I could think about is where he came from, why

he came here, and would he even consider being my friend. I was an

emotional mess by the time that launch rolled around, he was all that was on

my mind. As I finished my launch early and excused my self to go to the

library to read over Antigone for sixth period, I found that I could not

focus on anything other than those gray eyes.

 


Fifth period were just like the past two, I couldn't remember what the

assignment was and I just wanted to think about what he would say if I ever

got the chance to talk to him.

The bell rang for us to go to sixth period. I went to the locker and as I

opened it all of those damn books came falling out on to the floor. I

jumped back so that my toes would not get hit by one of the heavy books. As

they had all finally hit the ground I placed my backpack in front of the

locker that was beside of mine and started picking up the books.

 


"Uh... Could you movie you backpack, I kind of need to get to my locker." I

heard a deep soothing voice say. I turned to look up and see who had said

that, but I was only met with gray eyes. As I watched him bend down and

start helping me pick up the books I sound me self just staring at his

jet-black hair, his skin was very fair and creamy color. It was a good

contrast to his other dark features.

 


"Th-Thank y-you." I finally said as he placed the last book into my locker.

I grabbed my drama book and bag and started to walk off.

 


"Hey wait." I heard him call after I was past him. I heard his locker door

slam. "You have drama next don't you?"

 


I looked at the book in my hands and replied, "Uh... yeah." I have no idea

what had come over me to reduce my wit, to a babbling pile of nothing. Oh,

wait, I do, the six-foot beauty in front of me.

 


"Well, do you mind if I walk with you that way I won't get lost, 'cause that

is what I have this period." He said and gave me a smile that caused me to

melt at his feet.

 


I quickly composed my self and nodded. "I can't guarantee that I will have

you there on time or not the bell is just about to ring." I quipped,

regaining my wit.

 


He laughed. I made him laugh, that has made my day.

 


We started walking toward the drama room, I looked over at him, and he was

still smiling. I knew I was funny, but it made me smile back at him just

because it made me happy that I could make him laugh. As we reached the

door to the drama room and stepped inside the bell rang.

 


"Wow, let's give Mr. Swanson a hand for making it through the door before

the bell rang today." Mrs. Finning said all uppity and overly excited. She

started to clap, "Bravo, Bravo. Now please be seated." She pointed a

ring-covered finger to an empty seat behind Brent. "And who is thing young

gentlemen you have brought with you?" She questioned as I took the empty

seat.

 


"I'm Brady Williams." He stated. I could hear the nervousness in his deep

voice.

 


"Well Mr. Williams, I am Mrs. Emily Finning." She overdramatically stated,

toss her normal purple Shaw over her shoulder. "I am sure that you will

enjoy our performing arts, and other fine dramatic studies." She finished I

a dream like voice. "You maybe seated next to Mr. Swanson." She also

directed him over to the empty desk beside of me.

 


She went into today's lecture over the development of leading character in a

series of numerous plays.

 


"Hey," I barely heard in my ear. I turned to see Brady leaned over in his

chair just enough so that I could hear him better. "I never caught your

first name Mr. Swanson." I hinted the sarcastic note in his voice as he

whispered the words Mr. Swanson.

 


"It's Chris." I said with my head still facing the front of the room, but my

mind was on the boy in the seat next to me.

 


"My name is Brady by the way, Brady Williams." He said I could sense that

killer smile spread across his face.

 


"I know," I said as I looked over at him. His smile faltered a bit. "Just so

you know I have detention tomorrow to."

 


"Really?" he said, his smile coming back.

 


"Yeah, for a tardy and day dreaming in this class." I said as I smiled at

him, just because I liked who he was. "So where do you live?"

 


"At the end of Emerson Boulevard." He whispered.

 


"I right in the middle of Washington Road, that's like one right turn away

from me." I enlightened him with this information. "How long have you lived

here?" I pushed further that way I could have as much information about him

as I possibly could.

 


"I moved in my new house on Tuesday, I was enrolled yesterday, but they told

me that I didn't have to start classes until today. So that should have you

up to speed some." He smirked as I finally turned my head to look at him.

He was staring at me with those amazing gray eyes. My smile broadened as he

turned to look at the front of the room.

We didn't speak for the rest of the class, because good ole Mrs. Finning

made us get up in front of the class to act out a scene from A Mid Summer

Night's Dream. Yet again as the bell rang he was out of the room before I

could even say goodbye to him. Brent and I gathered our belongings and

headed to our locker. I tried to rush him that way I might be able to catch

Brady at his locker, but as we got there the only pretty thing I seen was

Ally.

 


"Wow you guys were quick getting here today." She stated as stepped back for

me to put Brent's books and mine in the cramped locker.

 


"Yeah, Speedy Gonzalez over here was in a rush." Brent said.

 


"Smart-ass." I threw back at him. "Lets just go."

 


We went to Drivers Ed, and it was just the same as the day before, only I

got to drive. We got back just in time for the final bell to ring. Luckily I

had kept all my books that I had home work in, in my bag. Ally, Brent, and

me made our way to the student parking lot and said our usual goodbyes.

 


I got in my car and made the lonely drive home. Just ask I laid my keys

down on the table by the garage door, the phone started to ring. I pulled

off my shows and went over to the sofa, sat down and then picked up the

phone receiver.

 


"Hello?" I politely said.

 


"Hey honey, it's mom, I just called to remind you to pick up your brother at

four thirty, because he has basket ball practice." My mom informed me over

the phone. Sometimes I think she forgets that I am sixteen years old,

especially when she talks to me like I am five again.

 


"Yeah mom, I haven't forgot." I told her as I tried not to sound impatience

with her. "I know he had practice, he told me this morning."

 


"Okay. Did you ever find out if Brent could bring Tyler home tomorrow?" She

continued to question.

 


"Yes I did and he said that he didn't mind." I sigh a little in frustration,

as she continued to talk to me as if I were five.

 


"Well I'll see you when I get home again baby." She said before she hung up.

 


I took my bag to the office to do my homework, this is where the computer

was and I had to type a paper for English, and finish my biology notes. As

I worked I didn't realize the time, by the time I looked at the clock it

said 4:27.

 


"Oh shit." I cursed aloud. I grabbed my jacket, slipped on a pair of

flip-flops, even though it was like thirty degrees out side, grabbed my key

and drove like a mad man. I had made it in record time, ten minutes.

 


'Whose that Tyler's talking to.' I wondered. He was talking to some one

with wet, black hair. I smiled as Brady turned around a waved at me. I got

out of the car and made my way over to where him and Tyler were standing.

 


"Hey guys." I said as I came to a stop next to Tyler.

 


"Nice shoes, but it's a tad bit could to be wearing those isn't it?" Brady

asked.

 


"Yeah, but I was in a rush. Do you play Basket Ball?" I returned with a

question.

 


"Yeah, you little brother here is pretty good, he's got some real potential

to start on the varsity team next year." He stated. I heard a car horn honk

and looked around behind Brady, I saw a man with jet-black hair setting in a

big SUV. "Uh... My dad is here. So I guess I will see you later Tyler, and

I'll see you tomorrow in detention Chris." He smiled and then turned around

to leave. I watch his ass as he walked to get into the vehicle, it looked

good underneath those mesh ball shorts.

 


"Let's go," I said to Tyler. I placed my hand on his shoulder and we went to

the vehicle. On the way home we listened to music and I told him that Brent

would take him home tomorrow after school. I also apologized repetitively

for being late.

 


"It's okay, I got a chance to talk to Brady any way. He's real cool. He gave

me a few pointer on how to play better." He said after me fourth apology. I

shut the engine off and closed the garage door.

 


"Well that's good." I said as I began to take my shoes off. "Get to your

homework. I'm going to bake chicken and mash some potatoes for dinner and I

need you to help me, okay?" I asked him be fore he took off up the stairs.

He nodded and was then on his way.

 


I returned to what I had been doing earlier. After I finally finish the

grueling chapter of biology, I focused my attention to cooking. I was

setting the glass pan filled with baked chicken on the center place mat of

the table, when I heard the doorbell ring.

 


"Hey, Tyler could you go get that." It was around eight o'clock and the only

people that ever came that late was Brent, Ally, or one of Tyler's friends.

 


"Hey, Chris, it's for you." I turned curiously and followed the sound of my

brother's voice to the front door. I was shocked, I seen the last person I

had ever expected to see standing in my doorway.

 


"Hey," Said the cool deep voice that I liked to hear. "Uh... I forgot the

biology assignment to day and was wonder what chapter that old fart

assigned?" he asked politely.

"Ei-eighteen, chapter eighteen. He wanted us to do the first two sections of

notes." I told him. He Smiled and then wrote it down on the back of his

notebook.

 


"Thanks, I would have called and asked you but I didn't have your number."

He said a little shyly. I told gave him my number and the number to my cell

phone. He then jotted that down on along with the assignment. "Uh... I

guess I better get going, my dad will probably wonder what is taking me so

long." He gave a faint smile.

 


"You want to stay for dinner." I blurted out before I could even think it

through. "I mean I made chicken and mashed potatoes, and there is plenty

enough." I said more calmly, but I could tell my voice had a little bit too

much excitement in it, I guess that's why I earned a weird look from Tyler.

 


"I kind of already ate with my dad. I'm sorry but I need to ask you

something." He said with a nervous tone in his voice. "Could I have a ride

home with you after detention tomorrow, because my dad won't be able to pick

me up?" he asked very politely.

 


"Yeah, I can give you a ride home tomorrow." I told him, he sighed and then

gave me a brief smile before he turned and walked down our pathway to the

sidewalk.

 


I shut the door and returned to the kitchen. Tyler had already dug into the

food and I wouldn't to far behind him. After we ate till we were content we

cleaned up and I made mom a plate and set on the stove. I went up stairs

and changed into a pair of gym shorts and took my shirt off. I looked at my

self in the mirror, I had a good body, I had what they called swimmers

build. I was thin, but I was defined. I turned to get into me bed , but was

interrupted with a knock on my door.

 


"Come in." I said as I turned the bedspread and sheet down. My mom stepped

into the room with her plate that I had prepared for her.

 


"You know I don't have to work Sunday." She informed me. "You want to go do

something with me and your brother?" She asked.

 


"Yeah it sounds great." I said, shocked that she had managed to get sometime

of. "What do you have in mind for us to do?" I questioned as I sat down on

my bed. My mother followed suit.

 


"I don't know, how about shopping you boys need some new clothes." She said

and I got that look in my eye, yes I have I-can't-wait-to-go-shopping look.

 


"I thought you might like that." She told me as she stood to leave the room.

"Good night baby, I love you." She said as she flipped my light off.

 


"I love you too mom." I said as I rolled over on my side and quickly drifted

off to sleep.

 
 


The next day was very uneventful. Up until detention that is. I sat beside

Brady the whole time trying to work on homework that I had for the weekend.

I think he did the same thing. When I looked up at the clock for the first

time it had only been fifteen minutes and it already felt like two hours. I

knew this was going to be long and pain staking process, but I didn't

realize it would have dragged out like that. By the time four fifty-five

rolled around I thought that I was on the verge of my eightieth birthday.

But the last five minutes seemed zip by.

 


As we were dismissed right at five o'clock, Brady and me gathered our

belonging and walked down to the student parking lot. There were only two

other cars there and the people getting in them, I noticed, had been in the

room with us for the past two hours.

 


"So how was your second day at school?" I asked as I turned up the heater in

the car.

 


"It was good. I think I am really going to like it here." He said looking

at me. "I think I have made a good friend too." He smiled at me as I looked

at his gray eyes.

 


"You do now do you?" I jokingly asked.

 


"Not really." He stated and then busted out into fits of laughter. He was a

real smart-ass sometimes. I think that is one of the things I found so

damned cute about him.

 


"Me and my two best friends, Ally and Brent, are going to the movies and out

to eat tonight." I told beginning to get excited about what I was doing.

"You can come if you want to." I looked over at him.

Copyright © 2011 nicks_a_writer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..