Jump to content
    NnihhilusS
  • Author
  • 12,497 Words
  • 557 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Lucasfilm, Walt Disney Company, and licensees <br>

Star Wars Episode 10: Return of Death - 3. Salvation

Trigger Warning: Gore, Sex, Suicide, etc.
I do not own Star Wars, or any of the related characters. Star Wars is created by George Lucas and owned by Disney. This fanfiction is intended for entertainment only. I am not making any profit from this story. All rights of the original Star Wars story belong to Disney.

 

39 ABY, Coruscant, Inner Rim (41 days before events on Cantonica)

“Look around yourself…...senators! Look where you…….stand” said Senator Hakaiti, with her long, blue hair making ruffling sounds against her suit.

In a voice alternating between an extremely deep, guttering tone to a high and soft tone, she continued, “Do you even understand the implications of what you are trying to…...do? Following the footsteps of the Grand Republic that gave rise to the…...Empire?

Senator Araskn, you want to centralize the armed….forces? Do you know who else had a centralized…... force?

The Grand Republic who went to war and killed 13 billion of its own…..citizens! Do you know who else had a centralized…... force? The Empire who tyrannized the galaxy for 24…... years!

What we need right now is peace, not…...war.

As a representative of my home of Cantonica, I reject this bill and urge others to do…..so. ” There was a huge uproar on both sides of the Senate.

“Silence!!!! I request silence!!! We have a job to do here…… Senator Reese Ba’sigma, representative of the three moons of Yavin Prime, you have the Center” said Rey Skywalker, Grandmaster of Jedi High Command.

The Republic was resurrected by Rey Skywalker and her associates on Coruscant, a few months after the battle of Exegol. This resurrected Republic had a technocratic high Command, neutral to political affairs, whose duties lied only in mediating the workings of the Senate.

The Technocratic High Command consisted of the Jedi High Command, led by its Grandmaster, the Researchers’ Commission and the Welfare Board, led by their respective Secretaries.

The proceedings of the Senate would be conducted by the leaders of the Technocratic High Command instead of a “Chancellor”, depending upon their turn. This was supposed to ensure that no single person got too much political power, and that the focus of the Senate did not shift from the betterment of the Republic. “Thank you, Master Jedi. Firstly, I would have to respond directly to Senator Hakaiti”, Reese said, and turned her eyes in the general direction of Hakaiti.

“You talk of peace, senator. You say that we shouldn’t have a centralized, federal armed forces, because it would lead to an Empire-like situation. Do you not understand that we probably are already down that path?”

Reese then turned her head and looked at the other side of the Senate.

“The war is not over! The First Order may have gone down! The so-called Final order may have gone down. But that doesn’t mean that another terrorist institution can’t take its place!

Who knows! Maybe there can be a Final-Final Order, led by Darth Evil-jedi-man!” Scoffs could be heard across the Senate.

Shaking her head, she continued “My point is….these terrorist institutions are not exactly the disease. They’re just the symptoms….the symptoms of the actual underlying disease…...lawlessness running naked around galaxy. The law of the Republic was and still is, only restricted to her Inner worlds! Let’s look at Tatooine….now formally a part of the Republic, they even have their representative in the Senate right now. However, slavery is still rampant there, despite the presence of our allies. Let’s look at Kessel….the illegal slaved Spice mining operations have been going on for decades! Have they been stopped even after their illegal nature was known? All of these worlds have their Senators with us today. However, they haven’t been elected democratically. They have been given their soft seats by the Criminal syndicates of the Galaxy- the same institutions that supported those who tried to displace the Republic…. ”

I few aye’s could be heard across the quiet Senate Hall. Some were fuming with anger, while some felt their knees weak after thinking about the inevitability of what was to come.

“What I’m saying, is that we need to take down these criminal institutions as soon as possible, before they can support anyone else, WITHOUT ANY FURTHER DELAY”

A few more senators developed the courage to ‘aye’.

“Senator Hakaiti…….your world of Cantonica still has slaves, while their so called “owners” drink and gamble in your casinos! Officers of the First Order enjoyed the services offered by your world, while discussing their next grand plan of bringing the Republic down! Leaders of these criminal institutions conduct trade deals in your casinos, before taking pleasure in your slave prostitution!!!! Dear Senators, many a times these “slaves” include younglings!!!”

“Shame on you!!!”

“Shame!!!”

Many senators joined the condemning of Hakaiti.

“Silence!!! I request silence in the Senate!” Rey tried to calm the situation down. “Thank you. You may proceed, Senator Ba’Sigma”

“Thank you, Master Jedi! Dear Senators! Listen up! At least those who were democratically elected here…...we were chosen by our people to do a job…..I believe that job involves the protection of the Republic, and her citizens. The last century was riddled with war. Great worlds were destroyed in the process. One of them being my ancestral home of Alderaan. The people indirectly responsible for these heinous crimes are still active in the galaxy. THE ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE ARE STILL ALIVE!”

Many more aye’s could be heard, as the senators stood up in their seats. History was about to be made.

Rey looked at Farak, the Researcher’s Secretary with worry clearly visible in her eyes.

“Tell me senators!!!! Are you tired of the centuries old rule of these backwater syndicates?”

The cheering increased in volume, making it a little difficult to make out what Reese was saying.

“Tell me Senators!!!” Reese began to shout, clearly straining her voice.

“Tell me! Do you want peace in the galaxy? Do you want to ensure that the Empire doesn’t return? Do you want to ensure that democracy lives on for a thousand more years? Then let us end the war! Not by signing some dumb worthless piece of paper, but by actually, effectively…..ending...the war!!!!”

Somehow, the already loud cheering became even louder.

“Senators…...the last order passed by the Republic at Hosnian Prime was Operation Ironslate. Unfortunately, it was too late when it was passed……may they become one with the force” Reese said quietly.

An uncoordinated “may they be one with the force followed”

“Senators…..let’s not be too late this time. I propose a bill, linking Operation Ironslate with Senator Araskn’s bill for centralized Republican armed forces. LET’S END THIS WAR ONCE AND FOR ALL! LET’S ENSURE THE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF THE REPUBLIC! And most importantly…….let’s do our duty towards our people. LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!!!!”

The Senate erupted with never-ending cheers.

“I request silence!”

No one showed any intentions of granting the Mediator’s request. Well, except for the worlds sympathetic with Oba-Diah’s interests, who were not cheering at all, eliminating the need to grant the so called requested silence.

Kantohra Anapl, the Oba-Diahn senator took out his transmitter, and searched in the vast list of Protocols to be executed. After finding the appropriate Protocol, he pressed the glass surface of his transmission device, which promptly returned the message, “Transmission successful”

Satisfied, he sprawled back on his seat, and brought out the pouch hiding in his pocket, and took a whiff of the top quality, pearl-powdered, spice, smuggled from the mines of Naboo. Kessel spice simply lacked the silky texture of the spice smuggled from Naboo.

Hakaiti’s transmission device buzzed, which read “Protocol 337”. “Of course!”, she rolled her eyes. “Do the Pykes think we’re…... idiots? Even our stuff is at stake…... here. Its not that they’re our LEADERS or……. something! Look at….this! They think they’re being smart by ordering us around with their fancy…...protocols! We know what to do for fucks…...sake!” Hakaiti complained to her Secretary, who was standing beside her.

They both had a snotty laugh.

“Office of the Mediator, permission to…… respond” she said in her transmitter with contempt, in a sing-songy voice. After a few seconds, a middle-aged Mon Calamarian responded, “Permission granted Ma’am, for two minutes and eleven seconds.”

“Silence please!”, apparently, Rey was still trying to get hold of the wild Senate.

After the cheering fell a little, she continued. “Senator Hakaiti, you have the Center to respond.”

Hakaiti’s float began to whir as it started to gain altitude to get to the Center of the Senate. Hakaiti started to feel a little nervous. She always got that little wave of nervousness before saying anything in public. “Oh well, I can do……. this! I rule a fuckin….. planet! I sure as fuck can handle these….. losers!” she thought to herself.

The float stopped moving abruptly, and Hakaiti got to smell Ba'sigma’s perfume which faintly lingered in the air, even after her float had left the Center.

Taking a deep breath, and getting back that fake smile, Hakaiti spoke, “Dear Senators, I feel very blessed! I feel grateful to the force which has given me such wonderful, kind and responsible colleagues.” Hakaiti cringed momentarily, but regained her composure.

“It’s alright….I just have to read this, and this misery will end” she thought to herself. The Pykes clearly didn’t know how to write a speech.

“The truth is, my loved friends, all of the outer rim territories are plagued by these filthy Syndicates. Cantonica is no exception to that. Hence, we would be glad to be a part of Operation Ironslate! It would be an honor for us to work with the Republic to end these monsters. We would be pleased to merge the Cantonican Security Forces with the to-be established, Centralized Republican Armed Forces.”

Then….she quickly gestured to her Secretary to press the button that would lead the Float to go back to its spot. The whir began, as she awkwardly smiled for the camera that was still pointed in her direction.

Rey, confused, looked at Farak. What she saw in his eyes, was extreme fright.

“Secretary? Are you alright?” she asked, concerned, while simultaneously confused.

“They’re too smart Rey….this was a bad idea….”

“I did think that this was some weird play of theirs…...but I can’t point to what they think they can achieve by doing this….” she said.

“Rey!!!! Think!!! They just accepted Ironslate! They will be a-”

Farak was interrupted by Xaloky, Rey’s assistant. “Madam Mediator, the Senate awaits for your-”

“I know my Job, Xaloky…..”

“Sorry Ma’am…..”Xaloky backed away.

Still seated unabashed, she said “Go on Farak…..”

“Right….They...They are agreeing to Ironslate. But do you think they are reaaaaaaly agreeing to Ironslate?……..Rey….we would be heading in a slaughterhouse, designed by them, WHILE THEY ARE “AT OUR SIDES,” while not even being able to apprehend them!”

“How would we not be able to apprehend them? The Senate would vote for it if they try anything funny….”

“Rey!!! The Senate…..is fucking stupid! Hati...Uhhh Hatiti...whatever her name is!”

“Hakaiti”

“Yea, Hakatiti….by playing the victim, she already has won over enough senators to get a majority vote!”

“But wouldn’t the military have complete control over a warzone?”

“No!!!! Our military would still be on Republican soil! Haktiti would still be the leader of Cantonica! These people would still be in power! Plus….they can easily fake up atrocities committed by the Republican forces! Maybe Centralized Ironslate would get the vote now…...but that doesn’t mean it would hold majority forever! Right now, many Senators are just caught up in the excitement of Yavin’ s fiery speech.”

“So you think Hakaiti would fake up atrocities and then get the Senate to dissolve Ironslate?”

“It’s just a matter of time! The Syndicates just have to hold out, till the Republic’s democratic institution gets bored of the conflict, and agrees to accept ceasefire!” “Hmmmm…..”

“Madam, I’m so sorry, but-” Xaloky came back.

“It’s alright Xaloky, I’m coming.”

Rey stood up, and looked back at Farak. Sighing, she went up to the edge of the float.

She looked at the Senate, filled with thousands of senators, looking up to see what she had to say. This was a bad idea…...it was a trap…..sending the Republic into a meaningless war….this could probably make the Syndicates even stronger…..Oh dear….

Could she go against the will of democracy though? No….that probably would even worsen the situation further……

She took a deep breath. Oooooo….what’s that smell? “Looks like someone uses a nice perfume!”, she chuckled to herself.

“Oh dear….here we go...”she muttered to herself and began….

“Respected Senators, with the authority bestowed upon me by this Republic, I Rey Skywalker, Mediator of today’s proceedings, allow the bill proposed by Senator Reese Ba’sigma, ie. the Centralized Ironslate bill to be furthered to the voting stage.”

Loud cheers could be heard across the hall.

Returning to her seat, Rey whipped out her comms device, and spoke to the hologram in front of her, “Cal….I need you in Coruscant…now!”

“On my way….”

Sighing, she looked at Farak, who smiled back at her.

-----

“Wow…..I didn’t know a droid could write such an impactful speech! I’m impressed!” Reese said as her float neared the window where her newly acquired translator droid was standing.

“I’m flattered Ma’am…..but I do not deserve your praise….it is my maker who programmed me so well!”

“Oh NR! I didn’t know droids could be so humble!” Reese chuckled as she reached for her glass of fine Girarkan syrup.

“I wouldn’t do that Ma’am……” NR-110 stepped forward.

“I’m sorry?”

“I wouldn’t have that drink”

“Why not?”

“It could be poisoned….especially after that speech”

“Why do you think so?” Reese said squinting her eyes.

“I run simulations Ma’am. I was a Neurological Retracement droid at the Imperial Laboratory of Coruscant. My expertise lie in running simulations. According to my simulations, that syrup has a 12% probability of being poisoned.”

“Pretty high, huh?”Reese smiled.

“Any probability above 0.027% of your death should be taken seriously.”

“Alright Enar…..thank you for saving my life!” Reese laughed and put the glass down.

“No Ma’am….the probability that I saved your life is 12%”

“Oh shut up and learn to take praise dear…...perhaps they didn’t program that at the Imperial Laboratory, huh?”

“Ha….Ha..Hahaha” Enar laughed mechanically.

“Droids” Reese muttered to herself as she went back to the edge of the float, waiting for the Mediator to show up after she heard Hakaiti finish up her speech.

 

39 ABY, Cantonica, Outer Rim (2 hours after escape from Canto Bight)

“Hey come on guys….wakey wakey…..wake up!!!” Kyra whispered loudly, while going from fathier to fathier, while prodding everyone, sleeping and awake alike on the way.

Tem woke up, feeling his hands to be extremely cold, moist even due to the cool breeze coming from the sea. He quickly looked back to find Oni also stretching like one of those Lothal cats that the Master of the neighboring dairy had.

“How’s your leg?” Tem heard Kyra ask him from the side. He had completely forgotten that he’d been shot in his thigh. He looked down to find a spot, dark and charred from the heat of the blast.

“Is it paining?”

“Uhh ...no….not really...not anymore”

“Alright….but I’ll still ask someone to carry you, ok? Trust me….it will really hurt if you put pressure on it. The Republic will definitely have some medics up there who would fix you up, okay?”

“But…..isn’t the Republic…...trying to steal from us?” Tem spoke uncertainly.

Kyra abandoned her whisper, and laughed loudly, clearly faking it just to point out Tem’s stupidity.

“Temmy….steal? Steal what? The slaves? From the slave owners? You are the slaves! They’re pissed that YOU would be free!!!”

“But….didn’t they save our lives?”

“And that’s why you become slaves to them for life?”

Tem looked down….the fact was….he had this thought always bothering him at the back of his mind. He had seen the Masters and their younglings with toys he could only dream of. He had seen them look at him in disgust. He had seen them in their comfy, warm suits, while he had super old and tattered rags that he called “clothes”.

The events of a few hours ago came back to him. He remembered Ara being shot. Suddenly, Tem’s throat closed up a little, and he began to sob. He remembered Oni with that blaster pointed behind his head. He remembered what he did after that. He could feel the pain of the soldier. He felt his own hatred burning him from the inside. He looked at his palm which was now bruised by his own fingers when he clenched his fists so hard. It was awful…...he was never doing that again.

What had he become…..a monster? He just killed someone….He…..he….Ara….no…..she was dead……. The thoughts flooded his mind, overwhelming him, just like his eyes, which leaked tears down his soft cheek.

“Oh dear….come on down…..” Kyra said quietly, extending her arms, trying to help Tem down the fathier.

“It’s okay, I won’t drop you…..”

Tem a little suspicious of Kyra’s strength, hesitated at first, but then slipped himself off the back of the fathier. Kyra caught him, and laid him down on the grass.

Tem felt the wind blow a little harder, drawing whistling sounds from the corner of the small, dome shaped installation in front of him.

Kyra hugged Tem fiercely, while running her fingers in Tem’s hair. Tem sighed, enjoying the warmth of the hug. He felt himself calming down, as the painful thoughts were washed away, and replaced by blissful silence.

“You good now?” Kyra asked softly.

“Yea….thank you….”

“Don’t mention it!” she winked and got up to talk to Yevan, who apparently was standing there the entire time, wanting to talk to Kyra.

Tem looked at Oni, still stuck on the fathier, waiting for someone to dismount him. In the moonlight, he thought he saw Oni smiling a little at him.

Still seated at the side of the dirt pathway that led to the installation, he saw Naetan, walk towards him with his stickman hay doll or whatever that was in his hand.

“Hi….” Naetan said softly to him. “Hi….” Tem returned the greeting, while adding a tired wave, barely raising his arm. He then started walking on the path to the installation.

He then saw the rest of the younglings start walking in the common general direction.

Before Tem could start wondering, Kyra quickly appeared in front of him. “Come on dear…..they’ve cleared the place” she said as she put Tem’s arm around her shoulder, and lifted him up. “Your other leg isn’t paining, right?”

“No….As in no, it’s not paining” Tem let out a weak giggle.

The pair started moving towards what looked like a metal-ish door of the dome.

Tem heard movement on his right, and looked to see Oni being carried easily by one of the teens. Overtaking the pair, Oni smiled at him, almost teasing him for not winning the “race to the door”, that Oni probably just created in his mind. He rolled his eyes and chuckled. “Classic Oni….”

Suddenly, there was galloping behind Tem, and he turned to watch the entire horde of fathiers gallop in the darkness of the night, having successfully completed their mission to bring Fulcrum safely to the extraction point.

After they went inside, Kyra plopped Tem on a stone bench, where Oni was already sitting.

He crawled up to Tem, resting his head on his shoulder.

“How are you, bubba?”

“Nice spice…..” Oni replied softly, in his singsongy tone.

Tem wrapped his arms around Oni, and adjusted himself, so that he could be supported by the wall behind him.

Both of them just sat there silently, mostly because they were too tired to say anything.

“The group has arrived at Gipsy. We have 2 agents, 3 rebels and seven civilians, all minors. Two minor civilians KIA and two rebels MIA. Awaiting extraction.” Kyra spoke into a transmission device, which had a holographic projection of two angular lines with a circle in the middle.

She paused for a few seconds, clearly trying to think of how to phrase what she wanted to say. “Falcon….the civilians also….include...include a possible Force Sensitive” she paused for a few seconds again, wanting to say more, but decided against it. “Fulcrum out” she said as she ended the transmission, with the projection disappearing.

Sighing, she looked at Yevan. Yevan gestured her to calm down, and mouthed “Don’t worry”. He then smiled, as he went off to fetch for food in the pantry of the installation.

The installation was a part of an abandoned research camp dating back to the Clone Wars. The Separatist flag painted on the walls of the crumbling courtyard was quite visible in the moonlight. In fact, it dominated the view of the courtyard just like it’s hexagon dominated it’s grand, blue background.

As Tem looked at the stars through an open window, he sighed…..the stars were so peaceful….unchanging….silent….Could he get such peace in his life? Could this escape give him that?

Looking down at Oni, who was starting to snore softly, he thought… “Perhaps this is what I want to do for the rest of my life…..Look up at the beautiful stars, this beautiful band across the sky along with the people that I love, cuddled up against me….”

Stroking Oni’s hair, he teared up…..he would give his life for this youngling if he had to. He looked at Oni’s face, sleeping peacefully…..so innocent….he then looked at the piece of cloth tied around Oni’s knee. “Why does the world have to be so cruel? Why can’t it be innocent like my Oni? Isn’t it easier to not be angry, to not to this damage? Plus….what is the thing that people are trying to achieve? What feeling could possibly be better than cuddling with someone? What is it that people try so hard to get that is even better than falling asleep in someone’s arms?”

He hugged Oni tighter and kissed his head. Tears began to trickle down his cheek as he remembered Ara….the way she was lying there…...lifeless……

“Ara…” he whispered.

He began to sob softly, while holding on to Oni. Oni oblivious to all of this, hugged Tem harder.

This made Tem chuckle. “Oni oh Oni…..you won’t ever stop crushing me, in your iron grip, huh…..”

Tired, he rested his chin on his head, and closed his eyes.

Suddenly, the transmission device, across the room beeped annoyingly.

Tem opened his eyes to see what was going on. He saw the projection of a woman, in a pretty expensive looking robe standing with a small baton-like thing clinging on to a belt around her waist. “Fulcrum….” she said softly.

“This is Grandmaster Rey Skywalker aboard the JHC Millenium Falcon. We are sorry for the loss of the civilians KIA. However, we regret to inform you, that the MIA rebel operatives were also KIA. They were tracked down by the Cantonican Security Forces, and killed.

We thought that the tight beam somehow fractured, but thankfully, that isn’t the case. A surveillance droid tracked them to their Gipsy, where the CSF jammed their comms.

Now about your extraction….We cannot provide you with a hyperdrived ship, as the CSF can easily spot it on their scopes. The only ship we have that can get the job done is a small cargo freighter.

It will have a direct trajectory towards Canto Bight in the upper atmosphere, thus pretending to be a bomb of some sorts. As the ship reaches Canto Bight’s AA’s range, it will glide towards your Gipsy, skimming on the edge of the AA sphere of fire. This hopefully shall make CSF believe that it is a failed missile, and lessen their chances of sending troops to your Gipsy. However, I think that this outcome is unlikely.

The time the freighter takes to reach your Gipsy from gliding is two minutes and thirteen seconds. Assuming that the CSF immediately deploys troops after the freighter commences the gliding phase, you shall have less than thirty seconds to board the ship, and fire up her engines.

Immediately after you fire up, you shall head on a straight course towards the Ironslate Taskforce. We can start giving you cover fire after you reach an altitude of 6770 clicks. However, be warned! We cannot help you in any possible way if you get stuck in the Cantonican Exclusion zone. We cannot risk starting war with the Cantonican Government.

Remember…… do not lower your altitude after firing up the engines at any cost! The freighter will slow down in thicker air! The only thing that you shall do is increase your altitude!

You will be notified after the ship commences its gliding phase.

You have been trained well Fulcrum! Be calm and make the operation a success! We have hot Folikan juice and some cookies ready for you when you come back!

May the force be with you!”

Kyra sighed.

“Even I’m nervous Kyra…..but we have to stay calm….this is what we’ve been trained for! Plus….plus we have the Grandmaster at the helm of this plan!!!”

“Yevan….I don’t know….It’s not just us who would die if something goes wrong…..It also would be them….” she said, gesturing at Tem and Oni. “And then their blood would be on our hands, because we failed them….”

“No….it would be on the hands of those motherfuckers….those who killed Unana and Theriyo.”

Kyra sighed again, “Anyways….we gotta give em the bars”

“What, you’re gonna rap now?”

“No, dumass…..the energy bars!” Kyra said, punching Yevan playfully in the arm.

“Hehe….I’ll bring them from our bags...you go wake up the younglings” Yevan said, as he went towards the pantry of the installation.

“Come on younglings…..wake up….you gotta have something before you sleep…..” Kyra said softly.

“Wha…..” Oni asked, startled from his blissful sleep. Tem smiled and looked at Oni, and gestured with his hands, the universal symbol of food.

Oni smiled and put his nose near Tem’s stomach.

“AHAHA! You know I’m ticklish there, bubba!”

Oni thought of getting in a tickle fight, but found himself too tired to do anything. He just ended up resting against against Tem, waiting to get his energy bar.

Everyone silently had their energy bars, enough to get a good night’s sleep. Dawn was in 5 hours. The days of Cantonica lasted for 30 hours, requiring one to sleep at least a minimum of 10 hours, to have energy to stay awake the rest of the day.

It took barely a minute for everyone to chomp down on the little bar that was barely the length of a palm.

“Alright younglings! Hey! No talking! Look at me!” Kyra said, sitting in a metal chair, in front of the wall.

“What I’m going to say, is extremely extremely important! If you won’t follow what I tell you, you will die! So, I want everyone to be completely in their senses when they listen to me!

Now, who of you can run? And run, as in in a matter of a few hours. ”

Five younglings raised their hands.

“Good….” Kyra began to think, her chin between two fingers.

“Alright….Gara and Rook….you will carry Tem and the other youngling”

“Oniho” Oni said proudly.

“Right...Oniho...Rook will carry you, and Gara will carry Tem, understood?”

Oni nodded his head vigorously.

“Alright….the other ones….you will ALWAYS be beside the older ones, okay? DO NOT GO ANYWHERE IF ANYONE CALLS YOU, EVEN IF YOU KNOW THAT PERSON! You will remain only and only with me, Yevan, Gara, Rook and Kaster. Have I made myself clear? You WILL NOT GO, OR LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE, OTHER THAN US!

Understood?…….I didn’t hear you……”

“Yes” the younglings said, this shouting a little this time.

“Shhhhh…..I didn’t tell y’all to shout!!!” Kyra said, furiously.

The younglings started to giggle.

Yevan shook his head, feathering his forehead with his fingers.

“Oh also…..not that we have any water at the moment….but you will not eat, or drink ANYTHING before I tell you to. Do you understand?”

“Yes….” the younglings said softer this time, while starting to understand how a conversation with Kyra looks like.

“Now…..does anyone feel like peeing or pooping right now?”

There was heavy laughter, as if that was the funniest thing in the world.

The contagious laughter affected Kyra, as she found herself smiling too.

“I’m serious guys….we won’t have any time to do anything once we get the message. We could have to run as fast as possible…..The energy bar slows down your bowel movements, so that won’t be a problem. But still….if you feel like going, now is the only time.”

The younglings just looked at each other, trying to hide their laughter.

“No? Okay…… Fine….Okay….So now go to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow. No talking! No playing! Only sleep! Okay?”

There clearly were frowned faces, but the younglings just grumbled and took places in some corners of the courtyard.

“Kaster….bring everyone here….” Kyra said softly to the brown haired teen standing next to her.

“Also….you still can walk, right?”

“Yeah….I was shot here” he said gesturing to his left shoulder. “Not in my legs” he giggled.

“Alright...go call the others”

“Yes ser!” he said as he scrambled to get the others, who were at their posts to see if anyone had followed them.

“Listen up people….Gara….you will carry the black haired youngling”

“Ya, Temiri….I know their names….”

“Oh…apologies...you will carry Temiri. Rook….you will carry Oniho…

Kaster….you will lead the formation. You’ll be responsible for leading us towards the ship. Understood? ”

“Yes ser!”

“I will be at the back. The responsibility of ensuring the young idiots don’t wander anywhere is mine. Yevan…..you will be the right flank, that is the leader’s right. If we are intercepted by troops, they will come from Canto Bight’s direction. So Yevan, you will be the first one to spot them. I need you to be extremely alert.”

“Sir yes ser!”

“Alright….Gara…. You will be in the middle, carrying the older boy. Don’t carry your rifle, as you need to be extremely fast. You will be directly behind Kaster.

Rook, you may carry your rifle, as I don’t think the younger boy is too heavy. Fire back if you have to.

However, at any cost…...DO NOT STOP FOR ANYONE! Get the younglings in the ship, and return if you have to, to help anyone. But get the younglings to safety first!

Am I clear? ” “Sir yes ser!” everyone said in unison. The teen slaves, ie. the “rebels” too had started to learn the formalities of the Republic by watching the two agents Kyra and Yevan.

“May the force be with us all!”

The Republic had sent the two operatives to Cantonica two months ago, after it seemed that the passing of an anti-crime bill was inevitable.

“Temmy….why do they want to hurt us?” Oni whispered to Tem, afraid that Kyra would catch them talking.

“They…..they’re bad people bubba…..”

“But what did we do to them? Did we do something wrong?”

“No bubba….there...there are bad people in the galaxy….like….like Kylo Ren! Yes! Like Kylo Ren! See? He was a bad person”

“Oh…..right……” Oni said slowly, his eyes lighting up, his little brain connecting the dots.

“His name is Kylo Ben though….” he said, snapping his head at Tem after his brain had finished its processing.

“Uhh…..no….it’s Kylo Ren”

“No! Ben!”

“Ren!”

“Ben!”

“Fine!!!! His name was Kylo Ben! Happy?” Tem said, with a tinge of annoyance paired with laughter.

Oni pouted “Don’t say that…….”

“What, I’m agreeing with you!”

“But no…not like that….” He then looked up at Tem with his puppy eyes.

“Don’t be angry like that…..”

Temmy laughed harder.

“I’m not angry at you bubba!!!”

“Dummy” he said, and softly swatted Oni’s head.

Oni smiled a little, and hugged him even harder, burying his face between his arm and chest.

Tem ran his fingers through Oni’s hair, lightly massaging his scalp. He felt sleep begin to take over him slowly.

Suddenly, Oni spoke, unaware that Tem was starting to go to sleep. “You remind me of my Ma”

“What?”

“You are just like my Ma…..only….you’re a boy….and not as FAT”

Tem laughing, resumed massaging Oni.

Oni smiling, buried his head in Tem’s other arm. “You are just as waaaaarm….and niiiiice….and cozyyyyyy….” Tem happy to be given this title, kissed Oni’s head as always did.

“Thank you…..”

“For what?”

“For saving me from the bad man…..”

“Bubba…..”

“You protected me…..like my Ma….”

Tem felt himself tear up a little. He felt the warm fuzzy feeling of Oni’s breath on his arm. He loved it so much! Oni’s little arms were wrapped around his chest, making his heart flutter in the process.

He hugged Oni tighter than before and kissed his forehead. “Mmmmmm” Oni hummed, clearly enjoying the additional warmth.

“I will always protect you bubba…..no matter what….” Tem said, his voice breaking down in tears.

“I love you Temmy” Oni mumbled in Tem’s armpit.

“I love you too! I love you so much!” Tem kissed the back of Oni’s neck, and rested his chin on his head.

He felt his tears dripping from his chin onto Oni’s short hair which was by now poking his neck. This was HIS boy…..the closest thing that he had to family…...along with Ara.

Tem sighed……. He began to think of the new life that lay ahead. He definitely needed to work to take care of Oni, until he could do so himself. Oni was still…..a bit too young to do anything. It became windier outside.

Tem could smell the familiar scent of a rain announcing its arrival.

Taking a deep breath, he began to wonder, “Who do I serve now? Who will give us food now? Kyra? Will the Republic hate us?” Realizing that he wasn’t coming to a conclusion, he just decided to divert his attention elsewhere.

Suddenly, Oni shifted under him. The little thing was already deep in sleep. “How can he even pass out so quickly……” Tem chuckled.

He just kept staring at Oni’s innocent face, feeling the trust he had in Tem…...This warmth….Oni….this was life…..this is what he had to fight for. This is what he would protect. No matter what the circumstances were or would be…..no matter the losses that he would have to face in the future…..he would always have a home…..he would always have a family….and that family was Oni.

His eyes blurred by a new wave of tears, Tem reached out to Oni’s face, and gave him a quick, soft kiss on his lips. Oni momentarily fluttered his eyes, smiled broadly, showing his teeth, and went back in the crevice between Tem’s chest and arm.

Tem hugged Oni tightly, and just lay like that, not wanting to think about anything. He didn’t need to. He had Oni. Tem just took in the warmth of his little brother, and listened to his beating heart. Oni’s heartbeats paired with his soft breathing soon transformed in a lullaby for Tem, which made his eyes shut, and go in the lands of peaceful sleep.

Suddenly, Oni came up with a start. There was a blinding flash of lightening from the window, followed by a distant thunder. He looked down to see Oni still asleep, hugging him tightly. Just a few seconds after, the transmission device began to beep. Someone, maybe Gara came from the corner in the dark, and whispered in their comms, “It’s time, Fulcrum.” This was followed by more heavy footsteps of the teens, scrambling to wake everyone up.

“Come on! Hey hey hey!” Yevan went around, clapping his hands.

“Wake up wake up! It’s go time, people! Come on! Hey!”, he repeated random phrases, while pointing his flashlight at everyone’s faces.

Suddenly, Gara popped up near Tem, her face illuminated occasionally by Yevan’s flashlight. Tem just looked at her in bewilderment. There was a series of fresh, light, parallel scratches on her cheek. “What?”

“Oh good, you’re awake…..Hi Temiri! Ready to go?”

“Really? We’re leaving already?” Tem said, panicking a little.

“Well no…..we’re expecting the notif from the Republic in around thirty minutes.”

“Oh…..”

Oni began to open his eyes, while yawning simultaneously. Tem removed his hand from his head, giving him slightly more movement.

“Listen Temiri….I need to give you this” Gara said, as she handed him a small blaster.

“A BLASTER????” Tem said, bewildered.

“Umm yeah….I won’t be able to shoot back…..beacaaaaaase I’ll be carrying you, right?”

“But….I don’t know how to use one….”

“Oh it’s easy! Here”, she said pointing to a small switch on the side of the trigger. “Here…..this little switch is called ‘safety’. You simply flip it, and the blaster comes alive. And then, you point it at what you have to shoot, and press the trigger. Easy!”

Tem hesitantly took the blaster, running his finger over the grooves running at the side. He then flipped the safety switch.

“Okay….it is live now. If you press the trigger now, it will actually fire…...so don’t press it!” Gara said, putting emphasis on the last part.

Tem nodded, and held the blaster tightly in his hands.

“Alright younglings…..and also the teens! Hey! Attention here please! I need you all to stretch with me! Remember! We only have thirty seconds! If your leg cramps up…..WE WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU! So I need you all to follow me, and do as I do, okay?”

The younglings stood up in their places.

“Alright….extend your arms up over your head like this……” Yevan continued.

“Kyra….is it time to move to the shack?” Rook asked Kyra.

“Not yet…..Perhaps in ten minutes……” Kyra said, looking at the transmission device.

“Okay….your right knee….hold it like this for 30 seconds….hold it in place….5...4..3..2..1..down…..good job everyone!” Yevan said, finishing up the exercises after a few minutes. “Kyra…...now?” Gara said, finishing up with her exercises as well.

“Nineteen minutes left. Yes…..Yevan! To the shack!” Kyra responded almost immediately, as if she was waiting for him to get free.

“Alright! Younglings! You see that shack over there?”

“What’s a shack?” Naetan said softly.

“What was that?”

“Uhh….what’s a shack?” Naetan said a little louder this time, looking down, and fidgeting with his fingers.

“Oh…..you see that wooden…..thing over there? With the roof?”

Naetan nodded his head.

“Right….that’s a shack. Anyways! Listen up!” Yevan said, ending a little louder than before.

“I will be standing there. I want you to come to me, crouched down, okay? Like a duck……”

A spontaneous giggle emerged from the file of Younglings.

Smiling to himself, Yevan continued, “No screaming, falling, or anything other than walking…..understood? I want you to be veeeery quiet…..”

The younglings nodded, a serious look replacing the previous, goofy look that had occupied their faces.

“Alright…..I think I’ll go now…..” Yevan whispered to the group of teens who were standing behind him.

Kyra nodded, and placed her hand on his shoulder. “Let’s do this…..”

Yevan smiled, “Aye aye Fulcrum…..”

With that, he left the dome, walking swiftly to the shack, which lied around ten seconds away from it.

Kyra and Yevan had decided to move to the shack, as it lied a little in the open, which would place the group very close to the extraction ship’s landing spot.

As Yevan reached the shack, he put his thumb up, signaling Kyra to send the first youngling. The group couldn’t use their comms devices, as radio silence was extremely crucial. This is why they had to rely on hand signals.

As the first youngling approached, Yevan made her lie down in the grass.

A bright flash of lightening followed, and the sky began to leak a little, drop by drop on the vast fields below.

One by one, all the younglings who could walk reached the shack to Yevan.

“Come on boys….it’s time” Gara said, as she came to Tem, lifting him on her front, his arms wrapped around the back of her neck. Oni was lifted by Rook simultaneously.

“Temmy….I’m scared…..” Oni pouted.

“It’s ok….Look at me…..” Tem said reaching out for Oni’s hand, and gave him a toothy smile. Oni returned the smile, his teeth shining bright in the cloudy night.

Kaster whispered the countdown, and the three teens set for the shack.

Kaster stopped outside the shack to talk to Kyra, while Gara and Rook were given way to go inside, as they were carrying the boys.

“Seven minutes more…..” Kyra whispered. Yevan gave her the classic thumbs up signal.

“Temiri…..keep your blaster in your hand now. Don’t shoot until I tell you to shoot, understood?”

“Yes Gara….”

“Hold on tight, little one” Rook said as he removed his blaster from its holster, and flipped the safety.

There was only breathing, and the beginning of rain. Not a single soul dared to utter a single sound. Everyone was simply waiting patiently for extraction, and for the chance to get aboard the legendary Millenium Falcon.

Tem extended his other free arm and again took Oni’s hand in his. He then closed his eyes, and listened to the water droplets fall on the blades of the patchy grass and the wind singing the song of rain. There were these occasional blinding flashes of lightening, and thunder, which wasn’t distant anymore.

Tem reopened his eyes, still waiting for Kyra to say something. “Perhaps seven minutes aren’t over yet” he thought. “Crink….what if only one minute is over, and there are six to go?”

He waited and waited. He got a glimpse of Kyra removing her transmission device and keeping it in her hand.

Tem looked further, and saw a group of trees covered in a blanket of rain, swaying in the wind. He then saw a big bird flying over the trees, in the heavy rain. “Go home bird! Go to your family! It’s raining!” Tem said in his mind.

Suddenly, Tem felt his heart start beating a little faster than before. Looking around, he tried to make sense of the feeling of urgency that begun to take hold of him. He looked at Kyra, patiently holding the comms device, occasionally wiping off the raindrops which accumulated at her brow over time.

There was a sudden click in the device. Three more clicks in a clear pattern followed. Tem saw Yevan grin at Kyra, and nod at her.

Kyra, with a nervous but determinant smile, whispered loudly “We have a launch! Three minutes till extraction!”

The teens strengthened their grip on their rifles. Rook began to breathe in a systematic manner, while closing his eyes. Everyone was holding their breaths, trying to delay the burst of adrenaline.

After 57 seconds, there were four more consecutive clicks. “ES has reached gliding alt! Prepare for extraction in 2 minutes 13 seconds!” Kyra whispered, her voice clearly shaking.

Tem’s heart started beating faster. He closed his eyes, and felt his surroundings. He felt the trees swaying in the wind, unaware of the imminent salvation of the lives of these younglings huddled up by a shack. He heard Naetan clutching his stickman doll a little harder. He felt he heard Kyra’s heartbeats, definitely sped up than before. He felt the blaster in his hands get a little colder. He heard the bird shriek in the distance, as the rain became slightly heavier.

“Kyra! Chatter!” Kaster said, gesturing at his comms device, which was set at the CSF wavelengths. Of course, the content of the chatter was indiscernible due to the encryption, but it was obvious that it was in relation to the unidentified flying phenomenon.

Kyra strengthened her already strong grip on her rifle, and breathed out heavily.

There was no talking. The teens simply did their jobs of scouting their vision, while the younglings held their head low.

“One minute for extraction” Kyra whispered.

Suddenly, Tem got goosebumps. He felt his heart speed up again. He closed his eyes, and tried to focus. He felt that he heard the whir of a thruster. No, multiple thrusters. He opened his eyes suddenly, panicked, and looked at Kyra, who was incidentally looking at him. He wanted to say something, but stopped himself.

Suddenly, Kaster said out loud “Kyra!!! Lights 30 degrees North!”

“Get ready everyone! Keep your heads low! Do not fire until told to do so!”

The lights started to get brighter and brighter, paired with a very faint whir of thrusters.

Tem breathed out heavily, after realizing that he had been holding his breath for quite some time. He looked over at Oni, and strengthened his hold on Oni’s hand.

Kyra’s countdown on her comms device read “4….3….2…..1….0”

“Do you see the ES??? They should be here now!!!!” Kyra said out loud. She was met with silence. “DO YOU SEE ITTTTT!!!!” she said, almost shouting.

“No!!!” Kaster cried out.

The lights began to get brighter, the sounds of the engines very clear now, with a faint, audible shouting.

“ES should be here now! It’s already past gliding time! Two minutes twenty seven seconds!!!” Kyra said, not bothering to whisper this time, her nervousness getting the better of her.

“There!” Rook said out loud, as he pointed at a large-ish shadow, moving across the hillside, around a few clicks away.

A perfect reflection for a very brief second revealed the object to be a metal body, silently gliding through the air.

“Kaster! Get the IR flare!” Kaster fumbled with his backpack, and successfully retrieved a small green colored blaster.

“Fire it! Now now!!!” Kyra whispered, a bit louder than she intended to.

Kaster held it up towards the sky, and pulled the trigger.

There was one shot, which may or may not have echoed through the hills.

Suddenly, Tem heard a loud, whooshing sound, almost over his head, and saw the shadow of a large metal object. And then, as if to scare everyone, the object fired up its nitrogen thrusters, as it began to slow down, kicking up grass blades in the air, kissing the ground, as it glided across the field.

“Everyone!!! Run!!! Now!!! Now!!!!” Kyra said out loud, still trying to keep her volume to a minimum.

Gara jerked up quickly, making Tem violently let go of Oni’s hand. She started to run as fast as possible. Tem saw the younglings get sandwiched in the middle hand in hand, as the teens were at their sides, trying to slow down to their pace.

“Everyone!! Faster!!! Faster!!!” Kyra whispered loudly.

Suddenly, there was a loud blaster shot in the direction of the object, which lied around 60 meters ahead. This was followed with a couple more blaster shots, and a faint shouting in the background.

Tem thought he saw a big flap open up in the dark, possibly a door to the ship.

Suddenly, a big white light began to search the entire area, trying to light up the unknown object in the dark. It finally managed to light up the ship, and began to fire at it. Some bolts hit the stationary ship, making red, hot holes in its body, while some just disappeared in the rain behind.

Tem suddenly heard a few speeders come at the group from behind him.

“Gara I can see them!!!!” he shouted out.

“Fire at them!!! Fire!!!” she shouted back.

Tem couldn’t see how far they were from the ship. He quickly pulled the trigger, not expecting the heavy recoil. However, he continued to fire aimlessly at the speeders. His shots were paired by other shots beside him, as the teens fired back fiercely.

The soldiers, not expecting to be attacked in the dark, were clearly taken aback, but quickly began to return fire.

Bolts whooshed over Tem, as Gara ran at the ship with him.

Suddenly, the voice of blaster bolts hitting metal began to feel closer along with a distinct reverb of an enclosed space. Before he knew it, Tem and Gara were inside the ship.

“START THE ENGINES!!!! START THE ENGINES!!!!” Kyra shouted out as she entered the ship at the very end. But before she could finish, the ship vibrated with the sound of an engine firing up, angry to be woken from its peaceful slumber.

The engine ignition was paired up with the sound of a closing ramp, which slowly whirred up, draining out the sound of the blasters outside.

Gara flung Tem at a seat near a large control panel, and quickly made her way to an other chamber in the ship.

Yevan said shouted over the intercom “Attach yourself to your seats everyone!!! Use the belt at the side!!!”.

The ship vibrated once more, as it ascended in the sky.

“Hold on tight!!! We are launching!!!” Yevan shouted, and suddenly, the ship began to climb rapidly, quickly attaining a 90 degree angle to the ground.

Tem felt something that he had never felt before in his life- rapid acceleration. His head dug into his seat, as he felt himself become three to four times heavier. “All engines online!” Yevan shouted.

“Everyone clench your thighs and take sharp breaths!” Kyra shouted over the intercom, seated beside Yevan.

The freighter hurled loudly into the stratosphere of Cantonica, it’s altitude increasing rapidly.

Suddenly, the radar began to beep, showing three dots at the bottom of the screen.

“Firespray Patrols!” Yevan shouted out, clearly terrified.

“Don’t stop!!! Just climb!!!” Kyra said to Yevan.

Taking sharp breaths, and finding it very difficult to talk, Yevan replied, “We…..should’ve been…..out of their reach!!! This…... dumb thing…..came in late!!”

Tem heard motors whir for a few milliseconds, as the freighter’s cannons shifted their aim at the incoming CSF Firespray-31-class Patrol ships.

After a few seconds, the cannons began to fire, presumably operated by the other teens, vibrating the entire ship. Suddenly, the ship vibrated a lot heavily compared to before, making the younglings scream.

“Shields still up!” Yevan said to Kyra.

Taking sharp breaths, Tem looked around him. He saw Oni a seat across him, although his face obstructed by Reva’s head.

Suddenly, Kyra began to violently maneuver the ship, trying to dodge the incoming blaster bolts.

Tem saw the blue bolts whiz by in the darkness, dodged successfully by her maneuvers. The atmosphere started to get thinner and thinner, giving way to the darkness of space to peek through, making the band of the galaxy clearly visible.

The scene was breathtaking for Tem. Never in his life had he seen the stars so clearly in the night sky and free from the clouds. He just continued to take sharp breaths, trying not to lose consciousness, hoping that the ship slows down a little.

The ship was shook up by another large vibration, clearly hit again by the CSF fighters.

“Unknown freighter, this is the CRN Alderaan of the Republic’s IronSlate Taskforce. You are in the Cant……..”

“I am Fulcrum-449 and I am being shot at by rogue CSF fighters…...please help me…..”Kyra said before Alderaan’s transmission could even end.

“Understood Fulcrum…..Just hol…….”

“This is the JHC Millenium Falcon…...5700 clicks further” the freighter was rocked hard again by a hit “and you’ll be in fleet airspace. Just hold on for 213 more seconds, dear……” Rey quickly interrupted Alderaan.

Suddenly, the firing stopped. Yevan and Kyra looked at each other. They looked at the Firesprays slowing down on the radar, getting further and further away from the freighter. Suddenly, Tem got a cold feeling in his stomach. “Oh no…..no…..” he muttered to himself.

There was peace for a few more seconds.

“Why….” Yevan said, puzzled by the sudden turn of events.

“We’re not even in fleet airspace! 5530 clicks more…..”

Tem gulped. Something was wrong. He could feel it…...He just looked around, not able to understand what he was feeling, and even if his feelings were warranted.

Suddenly, the radar began beeping. One small dot emerged from the FireSpray, rapidly closing in on the freighter.

“Missile?” Yevan said confused.

Almost all missiles were redundant in modern warfare, as the energy shields could hold their ground beautifully against weaponized projectiles.

The small dot closed in, and exploded with a loud, circular blast. Kyra was allowed to be horrified only for a second, when she heard the loud after-bang of the seismic blast. The freighter was thrown a few clicks to the side violently, followed by a total loss of thrust.

All power went out, and there was complete darkness in the ship.

“THERE’S NO POWER!!!!” Yevan screamed, terrified.

“I’ll get down there!” Kyra replied, disappearing in the darkness after unclipping her safetybelt.

“What’s happening?” came a panicked voice from above.

“Just man your station Kaster!” Kyra said, as she approached the engines and turned on the flashlight in her pocket.

“Oh no...no...no” she muttered to herself, her hands on her head. In front lied fried mess…..smoked and destroyed.

“They’re coming!!!” Gara shouted from above.

“I can’t even aim at them!” Kaster said.

Kyra ignored these comments. Time was short. No power meant no shields…..no weapons….nothing. The only thing she could do restart power as soon as possible.

She went to the engines. There was nothing except for smoke. The wires had fused into one another, still red hot. There was nothing she could do. She glanced at the scene, tears starting to well up in her eyes. She decided to take another look. This couldn’t be….was this the end of her story?

She bent down, trying to make out stuff through the smoke. She thought she saw a pair of thick wires at the right, clearly melted, but not fused together. On getting closer, she saw that one of the wires had gotten torn up and fused with a neighboring wire at a small point. Without wasting any time, she grabbed her equipments, and cut out the point of fusion with the other wire, and reattached it to it’s intended wire.

Suddenly, one of the three engines began glow periodically with it’s beautiful blue glow.

“Direct all power to the engines!” Kyra shouted, and took a few breaths.

There was an immediate acceleration, pinning her to the wall leading up to the engines.

“We still don’t have shields!” Yevan shouted. “Oh no...they’re here!!!”

Blue dots whizzed by, as the FireSprays approached, to take down their wounded prey. Yevan violently maneuvered the freighter to the right, albeit with lessened velocity than previously possible.

The cannons aboard the freighter began to fire back, although with less effectiveness.

Kyra got up easily, a sign of lessened acceleration, and tried to make her way to the cockpit. As she approached it, Yevan swerved hard to the left, throwing her across and pinning her to the wall on the right.

She thought she heard the firing stop for a second, as she tried to get up. But suddenly, she felt mild burning on her neck and heard Yevan and the younglings screaming, followed by another violent maneuver as she fell to the ground, her vision blackening.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaah” Yevan screamed, his left leg being blown off by one of the bolts of the FireSprays.

The FireSprays had conducted a coordinated and concentrated burst fire on the freighter. The shields being offline, the bolts penetrated the freighter’s hull like a lightsaber through ice.

Yevan grunted, the pain making him lose his vision a little as he still tried to not get shot. There was another burst, which again, penetrated the ship easily. The air in the ship began to leak out, leading to rapid condensation near the holes.

Amid his pain, Yevan looked at the radar, which showed 1700 clicks. “Help us….” he muttered over the comms. “Please……..” he said before groaning.

“Go left!!!” he heard the black haired youngling behind scream at the top of his lungs. He swerved left quickly, dodging another burst.

“1650 clicks and you’ll be in-” came a transmission from the Falcon. “We don’t have acceleration….please….save us” Yevan said after trying not to pass out.

“Down!!!” came another frantic shout from behind. Yevan complied, and dodged another burst.

“I’m afraid we can’t help you. You are still in the exclusion zone. Why did you reduce acceleration?”

Yevan looked behind, waiting for Kyra to step in. He saw a pool of blood, and his comrade flinged like a ragdoll in one of the doorways, a big chunk of her neck missing. “Please…….” he said, desperately, while knowing that there was no hope of help.

“We cannot risk starting a war. We told you we wouldn’t be able to help you if can’t get in fleet airspace” Rey said.

“Down!!!” Tem shouted. Yevan swerved again, but the burst hit the top of the ship this time, tearing up an entire cannon from the body. The power wasn’t holding. The ship was losing acceleration. It was losing air. Yevan was losing vision.

He looked down, as if to confirm if he had really lost his leg. His thigh was shredded, to pieces, his leg nowhere to be seen.

“May the force be with you”

Crying, he said back, “Fuck you….fuck you”.

Trying to not lose consciousness, he made a decision. He could escape the FireSprays only if he could increase velocity relative to them. He could save the younglings only if he could land back on Cantonica- only if he could stop the FireSprays from blowing it up midair.

And that is what he tried to do. He lowered thrust, did a sharp-right till the ship could do a 180, and increased thrust to the maximum. He saw one of the FireSprays swerve away quickly, trying to avoid collision.

There lied ahead Cantonica, starlight making its way through the fringes of the atmosphere. The ship began to vibrate, as it entered the atmosphere.

Tem felt the pit in his stomach again, as if death was coming from the right and top. “Left!” he shouted again, and heard the bolts whiz by, as Yevan dodged the ship again. Tem had clenched his eyes shut the entire time, and concentrated heavily on using his “powers”. He definitely was starting to get light-headed and tired, although he had to push on.

The freighter’s metal began to groan as it entered the stratosphere at high velocities, and began to tear up, piece by piece.

The dark night was lit up by the glowing metal that came in hot. Suddenly, the ship lost power again, and the sound of the engine was replaced by the whistle of wind.

Yevan tried to reduce the altitude of the ship safely in order to land, but the ship still had a very high velocity. As he went below the clouds, he found himself in a very foggy/rainy environment, with close to zero visibility. The radar still showed the FireSprays in hot pursuit.

Tem concentrating hard, his forehead covered by beads of perspiration, felt the presence of something in front of him. Something big….something majestic. His eyes flew open on realizing what it was.

“Go up!!! Go up!!! There’s a mountain!!!!”

Before Tem could finish his sentence, Yevan pulled up hard, reducing a lot of velocity on the way. He thought he saw what looked like rocks through the fog. Suddenly, there was a boom further below. On looking in his radar, Yevan saw that there were two dots on the radar instead of three.

In order to avoid stalling, Yevan dipped the ship down again, into the fog.

“Right!” came from behind him. Yevan swerved the ship a little to the right. However, after a few seconds of flying, he saw the surface getting dangerously close to the ship, and pulled up hard. Unfortunately, it was too late. The surface caught up, and brutally ripped the bottom of the ship, driving it into the loose soil.

Tem was almost ripped out from his seat, the pressure in his head momentarily increasing to a maximum. He felt himself pass out, as he heard Reva and Oni screaming beside him.

It felt like he was asleep for hours. He even saw a dream, where he was being followed by someone, as he fell off a cliff. The freefall jerked his body up, as he found himself still bound to the seat.

“Oni?” he muttered as he looked to his right, finding Oni still passed out. It was still dark outside, the inside of the ship being lit up dimly by its internal lighting. There was a loud sound, two sounds actually, echoing through the mountains. Turns out, he was out for a few seconds at most.

Tem looked through the front of the ship, and saw what looked like searchlights, illuminating portions of the mountains in front of him.

“Oh no….Oni! Wake up!!! Hey!!! Wake up!!!!” he slapped Oni’s face lightly, as Oni came to.

“Temmy? Temmy!” Oni exclaimed, tears in his eyes, as he tried to hug him. Finding that he was obstructed by his safetybelt, he quickly unclipped it, and tried to take a lunge at Tem. However, he forgot that he was injured in the knee, and immediately felt a surge of pain through him, as he fell to the ground, his face hitting the sidebar.

“Oh Oni….” Tem unclipped his own belt, and bent down to wrap his arms around him.

Oni was clearly crying hugging his leg.

“We…..we gotta get out of here….” Tem said uncertainly, trying to look around for help. There was nothing. No movement…..nothing, except for the distant sound of speeders and two ships.

“No……” Tem felt himself tearing up as well. He tried to see if he could stand up. However, he fell down, his thigh emitting pulses of pain. He thought he could vomit then and there, as he suddenly felt very light-headed.

“Gara…….Gara?” he called out to her. He was met only with the whistling of wind, and the creaking of metal in the breeze. What was he going to do now? Where would he go? He hadn’t even got out of the stables in years…..what was he going to do? Where would he take Oni? He was going to get caught…..would his Master kill him? Would they kill…..Oni? NO! NO ONE WAS TOUCHING HIS BROTHER! Gritting his teeth, he crawled towards where Yevan was.

He found him passed out, his rifle still around his head.

“Yevan…..” he tried to shake him.

He looked down and in the dark, he saw what looked like a disembodied leg, sputtered against the floor. He quickly pushed himself behind, horrified by the gore. Suddenly, he felt a big, white light illuminating the ship. This was followed by the loud sounds of speeders stopping in the distance.

Absolutely terrified, and blinded by tears, he crawled up to Oni, who was huddled up under the seat. He heard around twenty shots fired from the side of the ship in the direction of the speeders. He then heard a single blast from the distance, followed by a wail of pain from what sounded like Kaster, who was silenced by another shot from the distance.

“No…..” Tem couldn’t believe that this was real life. He shook his head, trying to wake himself up from this dream. He closed his eyes shut, and just wished that he woke up with Oni cuddling him, and that all that happened since then was just a dream. He opened his eyes in a dark ship, which was illuminated by a bright white light, with Oni huddled under a seat. No…..this wasn’t a dream…..this was happening…… Tem broke down, crying, still not ready to give up waking up from this “dream”. He did not want to die…..he did not want those filths to touch Oni.

“Temmy……” Oni sniffled.

“I’m here…..I’m here, okay?” Tem said as he crawled towards Oni and hugged him tight.

Oni hugged him back, hanging on for dear life. They just lay there silently, sniffling in each other’s arms.

Tem heard footsteps close in to the wreckage. He hugged Oni harder, shielding him from the realities of outside. “Bubba…..I’ll protect you…..I promise…..I’ll protect you with my life……”

“I love you Temmy…..I love you….” Oni said, as put his face between Oni’s arm and his chest…...as he always liked.

“I won’t let them touch you…..” Tem said in a low, guttural tone. He had stopped crying. He wasn’t afraid…..he just had one purpose now- to protect his brother.

He took out his the gun Gara had given him, flipped the safety, and gave it to Oni. “Point this at the bad guys, and fire” He crawled back to Yevan. He ignored the pain in his leg….he ignored the gore…..he went to Yevan, and somehow managed to grab the rifle around his neck. He then crawled back to Oni, pushing him further under the seat, and himself took cover, the rifle pointed at the entrance to the ship behind him.

He heard the footsteps come closer. Suddenly, he heard more firing, screaming, and then everything went back to silence. He clutched the rifle tighter. He suddenly saw a switch on the rifle, and realized that it was off. He quickly flipped it to active, turning the safety off. He then pointed it to the entrance again. The only sound he could hear was Oni breathing softly behind him, and he himself breathing. There still was no movement. No sound. Tem however, never stopped aiming at the entrance.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps. A lot of them. They came from the direction of the entrance. They stopped abruptly. Tem could now hear the lub-dub lub-dub of his heart. And then, a sphere shaped ball rolled in the room. What was that? Where did this ball come from? Before Tem could think any further, the ball exploded with a bright, white flash, blinding him, and almost rendering him unconscious. He heard the footsteps rush in, as he fired aimlessly. There was a sharp pain in his chest, followed by a strong, burning sensation. He couldn’t breathe. It was as if he was drowning…… Still blinded, he felt himself being roughly dragged by the shirt, along with Oni’s screams behind him. He was popping in and out of consciousness.

“Oni!!!!” he managed to scream, his vision oscillating between complete darkness and some sight.

“Get the pilot!”

“Aye sir, getting the pilot!”

Tem was still being dragged on the rough terrain, the rough gravel scraping his knees. The shot to the chest made it feel as if someone was continually stabbing him there. As he breathed harder and harder, he felt something rising up in his throat, making him feel nauseous. As he was thrown on the ground, he landed on his chest, still trying to stay afloat over unconsciousness.

“Wreckage cleared sir!” came from the side.

“Good….await further instructions”

“Sir yes sir!”

Tem looked up to see a blurry figure, in an armor similar to that of those who had raided the barn. Suddenly, he felt something climbing up his throat, and making him black out momentarily. He vomited out blood on the ground, and fell next to it. He felt very sleepy….tired….fatigued. He started feeling himself losing the battle against it. He closed his eyes, and drifted to the realm of unconsciousness.

However, he was suddenly brought back, as he felt being lifted momentarily and thrown on the ground again. This time, he was a little away from the ship, a little towards what looked like a cliff. Maybe not…..the darkness just made it so hard to see anything……

However, as he tried to stand up using his hands for support, he noticed that they were tied behind his back.

“Temmy!!!!!” he heard Oni, a blurry figure in front of him, thrown on the ground like him.

Just listening to Oni’s voice made him so so happy, no matter how bad the situation was. “Oni!!!!” Tem managed to say, his eyes dried out and burning due to the tears shed before.

“Gather the traitors and execute them all. We have orders to leave no one alive!” the soldier barked from behind him. “No….no!!!!!” Tem began to scream. Someone smacked the back of his head with the butt of a rifle. It hurt like hell, as he fell to the ground, too tired to scream anymore.

“You traitorous piece of shit…….At least die with your head high.”

He was pulled up by his shirt, and put on his knees. Tem saw Oni shrieking, and wailing in front of him.

He then began to feel it…..the anger…..the hatred….

Tem looked to his left to see what remained of Gara being carried by two soldiers. He saw Naetan being roughed around and thrown on the ground beside Oni. His stickman doll had fallen from his hands quite a distance behind him. Naetan looked at Oni, momentarily happy to see his friend, but was quickly brought back by ugly reality, which made him sadly look at the ground.

“All here sir!”

“Alright…..finish the job and burn their bodies along with the wreckage.” the Lieutenant said, as he began his way towards the ship.

Tem tried to focus his concentration on the hatred. He looked at the soldier standing behind Naetan as he pointed his rifle at his head. Naetan was still looking down at the ground, already looking lifeless, as if his young mind had already accepted the end.

Gritting his teeth, Tem clenched his hand tightly, and tried to direct all hatred at the soldier. But before anything could happen, there was a loud blast, and Naetan fell to the ground, dead.

Tem began to get panicked. The soldier behind Oni threw him on the ground. Suddenly, he was overcome with fear. Could he not save Oni? Was Oni going to die like Naetan? No!!!! “No…..not Oni…..NOT HIM!!!!” Tem felt his body becoming warmer and warmer. His vision was laser-focused on the soldier behind Oni.

Oni realizing that there was no escape, decided to accept his fate. Lying on the ground, he looked at Tem, in order to express his love one last time as he breathed his final breaths. In the darkness, what he saw was a black haired boy with eyes in the shade of a dark, ugly yellow, and an expression that he had never seen before. He suddenly found himself scared of the beautiful boy that he had loved. Tem wasn’t looking at him…..he was looking behind him. “Just look at me Temmy……” Oni thought, his eyes welling up in tears.

Tem felt the tingle in his body, the burning in his muscles as he saw the soldier begin to start having difficulty breathing. The soldier’s hands left his rifle and reached his neck, feeling a noose tightening around him. “YOU WON’T TOUCH HIM! YOU WON’T TOUCH HIM!” Tem kept repeating in his head, as he felt his arms on fire.

“Soldier! What are you doing!”

Tem clenched his fist further, as he felt he heard the soldier’s neck crush. The soldier stopped moving, his hands dropping from his neck, as he fell to the ground. He kept looking at the dead soldier, still clenching his fist.

Suddenly, he heard a blast, followed by a soft thud. Oni laid on the ground, lifeless. The trembling soldier behind Tem thought that the black youngling was Force Sensitive and killing his comrade, and thus had taken a shot him in the head.

Tem could not believe his eyes….. “No….No…..Oni?” Oni still simply laid there, not moving, not responding to Tem. “Bubba??? Don’t leave me……” Tem said a little more loudly, a plea in his voice. Tem felt a cold barrel touching his head, almost scraping his scalp.

His eyes still glued at Oni, he felt grief…..amounts to which he had never felt before. He had….. killed Oni…... He wasn’t going to come back! This was not real…...THIS SHOULDN’T HAVE BEEN REAL! THIS SHOULDN’T HAVE BEEN REAL! Tem felt alone….guilty…. Grief filled his body, burning him from the inside, as darkness surrounded him, engulfing him. He did not have a place anymore in the world. He had to stop existing…...the darkness felt enticing…..inviting him to be freed from the pain that had conquered him…...closing his eyes, and losing all strength in his muscles, Tem fell to the ground, his vision blackening out. As he fell, he felt the grief leaving him….freeing him from its burning nature. Tem felt relieved, as the cold of the dark overtook him and relieved him the pain of consciousness.

The world around him, however now had to pay the price. The soldiers screamed in pain, as their bodies were lifted in the air and shredded, piece by piece, cell by cell, until they disintegrated into nothing except for red ash. The air glowed, lighting up the dark night, and sent shockwaves, flattening trees and leaving them with the same fate as the soldiers. The ground, the air, the forest…..everything sang the song of death, starting with discernible screaming and wailing, ending with strong winds, mixed with the echoes of pain and suffering.

Everything in a three clicks radius was completely and utterly destroyed, with only red, glowing ash left suspended in the air, and a black haired boy lying at the epicenter of the blast.

--------

“Hey!!!! Hey!!!! Wake up!!!” Tem heard someone….very very far away…..

“Give me the reviver!”

Tem felt a strong jab in his arm. He then felt himself floating up at extreme speeds. He opened his eyes to see a blurry image of a white haired boy looking down at him. This was coupled with the sounds of blasters firing all around him.

“He’s awake!!! To the Ornark! Now!!!!” the boy shouted.

The white haired boy lifted Tem in his arms, and started towards his ship.

Tem just clinged on to him for dear life, feeling his warmth, while still being semi-conscious. He thought he saw a blurry image of a blackened surface with red, glowing particles floating everywhere.

Blaster bolts were whizzing past them. He heard the boy shriek suddenly, struck by a bolt in the back. The boy still carried on. Finally he saw them enter a ship with the door closing behind, and it accelerating suddenly. The boy lost balance due to the sudden acceleration, making Tem hit his head on the ground, knocking him out again.

Okay okay..... I know this was a bit too dark....I know.....
Is this going to be the theme of the story? Death? Pain? No.....There is a lot more to it than this. After finishing with this chapter, we have entered the main, juicy part of Return of Death.
I did try to somehow meander the plot away from Oni's death, but unfortantely had to make a decision to keep it in to ensure a good story ahead.
Please let me know how you feel about this either by emailing me at nnihhiluss@tutanota.com or by dropping a comment below!
Copyright © 1977-2022; Lucasfilm, Walt Disney Company, and licensees; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2022 NnihhilusS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Lucasfilm, Walt Disney Company, and licensees <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..