Jump to content
    nrrdyfreakk
  • Author
  • 458 Words
  • 1,185 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fractured - 1. Chapter 1"

Ever since lunch had begun, all I'd been given were cold stares and apathetic answers when I asked someone, "How do you feel about the new restrictions on the library?" But then, I met Peter.

The dude had long, curly red hair and wore tight clothes. He was probably the gayest person ever, and yet he floated under my radar like a strand of hair on a piece of paper.

When I got to Peter's lunch table, I was greeted with cold stares and loud music. Everyone there was sullen and silent. They didn't talk amongst themselves or seem to be having any fun. i didn't know it yet, but three of my best friends were sitting there. I saw Peter, and pointed to him, saying in my high-pitched girl voice, "You! You're in my math class! How do you feel about the tyrannical restrictions on the library?"

He had no idea what said restrictions were, so I had to spell it out for him- you had to scan in with your ID and you couldn't eat lunch.

He shrugged and said, "Whatever. I'm for 'em, I guess."

I rolled my eyes and jotted down his answer. Then, without any more words, I left and returned to the table where I and the rest of the Gay-Straight Alliance sat, never thinking anything of the guy who didn't really care about the library.

 

Later that day in gym, I saw one of the people who had been sitting at the table running around the track wearing a suit jacket. I jogged up to him and panted, "A suit jacket, huh? Why?"

"I want people to know how much I don't care." He sighed.

"Ohhh, you're one of those people, aren't you? The ones that don't care but actually do?" I asked.

He agreed with me and we proceeded to talk about nothing. It wasn't until I referred to him as a he to someone else who was running with us that he said, "It's she."

I whipped my head in her direction and asked, "Are you trans?"

She nodded. I squealed and said, "Oh my God, so am I!"

"Really? What's your name?" She said, high-fiving me.

"Zephyr."

"I'm Joan." She smiled.

In the thirty minutes that were left of gym, I learned a lot about Joan and her life. She was a stoner, she was planning to run away to San Francisco with her girlfriend in early November, and her parents didn't care one bit about her.

"You don't have to go." I said. "You can stay with me if you want."

She stared at me for a while and said, "That's sweet, but I can't live without my girlfriend. Being single is the worst."

Copyright © 2014 nrrdyfreakk; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..