Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Spell - 4. Chapter 4

It was later that night, and Michael was home and staring at a blank search bar on the Internet.

 

 

 

He typed Brendan’s name and reluctantly hit search. Among the names that popped up was Brendan Scott, artist. He chose that link, as a picture of Brendan then lit up the screen. Quickly, Michael closed the laptop.

 

 

 

His phone started ringing, and he answered it. “Are you coming?” Pierre asked on the other end.

 

 

 

“I don’t feel that well tonight,” Michael replied.

 

 

 

Pierre made a loud whining noise. “Come on, you’re always standing me up.“

 

 

 

Michael rolled his eyes and sighed. “Fine, I’ll come.”

 

 

 

*          *          *

 

 

 

Michael was at the club and finishing his third drink when Pierre walked up. “Hey, can I get some more money?” Pierre asked.

 

 

 

Michael plopped some bills in Pierre’s hand, and Pierre moved towards the dance floor. A cute boy stopped Pierre, and they started talking. Soon, they were laughing, whispering, and occasionally glancing at Michael. Michael seemed not to notice or care.

 

 

 

Shortly afterwards, someone touched Michael’s back, and he turned around. Brendan was standing there. He had doe eyes, a tiny frame, and a gentle way about him. He was also overdressed, and his clothes seemed to be swallowing him. “Michael?” Brendan asked.

 

 

 

Michael stared at him. “Brendan,” he responded and caressed Brendan’s cheek. Sweetly, Brendan smiled back. “I'm so sorry..."

 

 

 

“I should have wrote or—“

 

 

 

“No, no, I should have.” He embraced Brendan for a few seconds, pulled away, and wiped away a tear. He then stared at Brendan again, smiled, and touched his bangs. “So beautiful,” Michael said.

 

 

 

“You too,” Brendan said, still smiling. They stood there for a few seconds and continued to stare at each other. “Come join us for drinks.” Brendan glanced in an older man’s direction. “He’s a local artist I know here.”

 

 

 

Michael glanced at Pierre, who was watching him. “I might have to leave soon.”

 

 

 

“Aw,” Brendan said and paused. He then fumbled in his vest pocket, pulled out a card, and gave it to Michael. “I’ll be in town till tomorrow. Maybe we can do lunch or something.”

 

 

 

“That would be nice."

 

 

 

They both froze again, embraced, and kissed each other's cheek. “I’ll talk to you later.”

 

 

 

“Later.”

 

 

 

Brendan went back to the older man and kept glancing at Michael and smiling. Meanwhile, Michael was trying not to beam. Soon, he noticed he got a text message. It was from Pierre and said, “He’s a flamer, gold digger, and a shitty painter. Enjoy!”

 

 

 

Michael looked at Pierre, who was glaring at him and whispering to the other boy. Then, they went to the dance floor and began dancing closely.

 

 

 

*          *          *

 

 

 

Michael was outside the club and was vomiting.

 

 

 

Brendan and the older man came up to him. Immediately, Brendan kneeled next to Michael and placed his hand on his back. “I’m going to stay with him. I’ll call you tomorrow, Jack,” Brendan told the older man.

 

 

 

*          *          *

 

 

 

It was a few hours later, and Michael and Brendan were in Brendan’s hotel room. Michael was on the edge of the bed and was hovering over a wastebasket. Both he and Brendan were in their boxers. Brendan was lying behind Michael and was holding his hand. Soon, Brendan leaned over and kissed the back of his neck.

 

 

 

*          *          *

 

 

 

It was the next morning, and Michael and Brendan were in the bathroom in their boxers. Michael was gargling with mouthwash, as Brendan ran bathwater. Then, Michael spat out the mouthwash, and Brendan turned off the water. “I hope it’s not too hot,” Brendan said, submerging his fingers.

 

 

 

“Thank you, baby,” Michael said.

 

 

 

Brendan rose, and he and Michael stood there for a few seconds. “I’ll get your clothes and a towel.”

 

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

 

Brendan left, and Michael undressed and got into the bath. Immediately, he began to rub his neck and shoulder. Minutes later, Brendan returned. “You okay?”

 

 

 

“Sore. I think I slept on it wrong.”

 

 

 

“Well..,” Brendan mumbled. “Here.” Brendan sat on the ledge and touched Michael’s shoulders. “You don’t mind?”

 

 

 

“No.”

 

 

 

He began to massage Michael. Soon, he got up, sat down with Michael between his legs, and continued massaging him. After a few minutes, he embraced him, and Michael pulled on his arms. “No,” Brendan said, laughing.

 

 

 

“You’re going in.” Michael pulled him underwater. Resultantly, Brendan squirmed, pulled off his boxers, and flung them out of the tub. He then wrapped himself around Michael and kissed his cheek. “I love you,” Michael said.

 

 

 

Brendan kissed him again. “I love you, too,” Brendan responded.

 

 

 

“I love you more.” He smiled, turned, and touched Brendan’s face. “You’re my angel.”

 

 

 

They stared in each other's eyes.

 

 

 

*          *          *

 

 

 

A few hours had passed, and Michael and Brendan were lying naked in bed. Brendan was curled up on his side, as Michael spooned him. Brendan was also holding Michael’s hand to his chest, and Michael could feel his heartbeat. Suddenly, Brendan stirred, as his heart quickened. “Someone’s excited,” Brendan said, smirking.

 

 

 

Michael laughed and looked at the alarm clock. “You leave soon, baby?”

 

 

 

“I called the airport earlier. I changed my flight to tomorrow.”

 

 

 

“You did that for me?”

 

 

 

“Is that okay?”

 

 

 

“Yeah, yeah, that’s great.”

 

 

 

“Maybe we can go do something.”

 

 

 

Michael didn’t respond, and Brendan looked at him. “That’s cool,” Michael said.

 

 

 

“You don’t have anything to do today, do you?”

 

 

 

Michael kissed him. “No, baby, I’m good.”

 

 

 

Brendan smiled. “Good.”

 

 

 

*          *          *

 

 

 

It was that night, and Michael and Brendan had just come out of a restaurant. They both walked to the driver side. Realizing their mistake, they stopped and laughed. Then, they started staring at each other.

 

 

 

Abruptly, they began to kiss. It quickly turned passionate, as Michael pressed Brendan against the car. Within seconds, they were both hard. “I want you so bad,” Michael gasped.

 

 

 

Michael slipped his hand into Brendan’s shirt and slid it to his waist. “We should drive back first," Brendan said, laughing.

 

 

 

“Good point.”

 

 

 

Michael reluctantly let go and began walking to the passenger side. Suddenly, A man dressed in black appeared out of nowhere. He seemed to be in a hurry and looked anxious. “Hey, man,” he muttered to Michael.

 

 

 

“You alright, bud?” Michael asked.

 

 

 

The man's left hand disappeared into his jacket. “Look, man, I need your help.”

 

 

 

“Yeah, that’s cool. I’ll help you.”

 

 

 

“Michael?” Brendan inquired.

 

 

 

“Stay there,” Michael snapped at Brendan, as he pulled out his wallet. Michael handed all the cash he had to the man. “Take this. There's sixty to eighty there.”

 

 

 

The man took the money, glanced around the parking lot, and shoved it in his pocket. “And your friend, too."

 

 

 

“Hey, look, bud—“

 

 

 

“It’s cool, Michael,” Brendan said.

 

 

 

Brendan was walking over with money in his hand. “Bud?” the man mocked Michael. “I'm not your fucking bud,” the man barked at Michael. Brendan held out the money to the man. The man pulled out a gun and snatched the money from Brendan. “Give me your wallets!” Michael handed over his wallet, as Brendan fumbled for his. A police car was passing nearby, in the opposite direction. The man noticed and became more nervous. “Hurry up,” he told Brendan.

 

 

 

Suddenly, Michael tackled the man, as the gun fired. They both struggled, and the gun fired again.

 

 

 

Michael pressed all his weight on the man’s arm, and the man dug his finger into Michael's eye. Within seconds, the police had them surrounded and was yelling for the man to drop his gun. Michael soon got away and scrambled to his car. The man glanced at the police, turned the gun on himself, and fired.

 

 

 

Michael was holding his eye, as a police officer kneeled next to him. Then, Michael looked at Brendan and saw him laying on the ground. An officer was also holding pressure to Brendan’s stomach. “Help is on the way,” the officer assured Brendan.

Copyright © 2011 Steven Alexander; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..