Jump to content
    thatboyChase
  • Author
  • 3,683 Words
  • 1,642 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Devil's Reject - 2. Part II

Part 2

I was pushed back into the leather seats. Vibrations ran all along my body, forcing my hands to run lazily along my thighs, closer to an apex of delight. We were going so fast.

How could he drive this fast without getting pulled over? The trees raced by as if they didn’t exist. I bet there was fire coming out of the exhaust pipes. The car rumbled and vibrated like a large beast galloping through the countryside setting alight anything it came across. I loved it. I ran my hands over the slick leather, rolled the window down, the wind slashing across my face. I didn’t mind. It all felt great.

The car slowed and we turned down a wooded path. The path to the old prep school.

“Why are we here?” I asked.

“It is where the party is.” The car slithered through the forest until we came to a large roundabout littered with various cars. The fountain in the center had long been dead. The whole place was gray, dead leaves whisking in the light brushes the wind dealt out. Noises came from within, loud music, laughing. The place was abandoned.

“We all thought kids went here.” I spoke what I thought, as if something pulled each and every thought from me. Exiting the car, Connor pressed the keys and it made some mechanical beep and fell into a deep slumber.

“Yes, it was abandoned in the late 1960s, I believe. A murder occurred here, or several.” I shivered, that was awfully creepy.


“Let’s go in, then.”


Snaking our way around the numerous cars parked haphazardly in the large gravel driveway, we entered through a dilapidated door. Making our way into a large dusty foyer, a couple was making out on the stairs. They didn’t bother to look up, given our arrival.

 

“Come.” I felt like I had no choice. I followed. The main bulk of the party was in the run-down cafeteria. There were lights, a DJ, everything. Who put this on? I even saw some people I had never seen before, maybe kids from the city? I followed Connor through the crowds, but was intercepted.

“Oh my GOD! TRAVIS!” Hannah sauntered up to me, draping her arms around my shoulders. Clearly, she was drunk. But I was surprised, no…relieved.

“I thought you were dead.” No, I didn’t mean that. I glanced at Connor who stared blankly at us both.

“Dead? What? Let’s get your drink on, come on!” She dragged me away, I looked back to Connor. He was nowhere to be seen.

Hannah chatted my ear off about some boy and wanted to dance. I declined while I sipped at a rum and coke. I had no intention of getting completely smashed. This was weird, everything was weird, and it was all out of place. Especially here.

“Do you know anybody?” I asked. I didn’t recognize anyone though.

“Yeah, most of the school is here. There are other rooms, upstairs and stuff! You should go look.” For some reason, I took her advice. She scampered off and I went up the slowly dying staircase. Whatever possessed me to do such a thing alone in an abandoned school was beyond me. Perhaps curiosity. But didn’t that kill the cat? Oh god.

I clung to my drink and soon finished it before I reached the second landing; there were only two floors. The place was huge, corridors of doors and rooms. Maybe living quarters for the students. The music was muffled from below, odd. The only sound was my footsteps dragging along the dusty linoleum. I cautiously made my way to the right down a long corridor. Each door I passed I wanted to open, but my imagination ran wild.

What if there was an axe man behind one? That wouldn’t be fair.

One door at the end of the hall caught my attention. Faded gray, the lock had been bashed in, leaving it ajar. I moved towards it, setting my drink down on the floor before moving on. My adrenaline pumped, I could feel the dust and my breathing was louder than before. Nudging open the door, the room was bathed in an eerie light from the moon outside. The room itself was large, a classroom. Inching in, I prepared myself for anything…

Oh shit!

Something burst from the darkness, scratching, screaming. My heart almost stopped.

“Fucking bat…” I growled. My adrenaline surged and moved me further into the room. The desks had been pushed or toppled over. The podium was in the center; a dusty leathery tome was half opened. I wandered over pulling out my cell phone to bathe light on it.

It was written in some language I did not understand, but it looked old. Maybe Arabic, or Aramaic. Something like that. Reaching for the book, my fingers brushed the leather. The wind swirled through the open window, suddenly making the room quite cold. My heart raced.

I began to notice candles; time had turned them into lumps of wax. Various bowls and odd instruments were strewn about the room. Looking down, my foot was brushing the edge of some sort of design on the floor. It was faint now, but in its time I knew it was product of some sort of powder.

A perfect circle with other twirling faint designs. It made no sense to me. A portion of the perfect circle was smudged; perhaps a foot or hand brushed it aside. In the center there were scorch marks, perhaps it had been a fire pit for some homeless man? Who knew. A noise came from the hallway, the sound of my glass being knocked over. Cursing, fumbling.

“What the hell was that…” The voice was gruff, familiar. I covertly moved to the door and nudged it shut, using the bashed-in lock space to peer out down the hall.

“This way…” The cold voice ripped through the walls, cutting the dust particles in half. Connor was striding slowly down the corridor., with Dan lumbering behind him. I watched eagerly, wondering what they could be doing.

“So what am I doing again?”

“I just need a simple signature.” Connor stated, casually.

“Just a signature, to do all that?”

“Yes. Simple isn’t it?” The large oaf nodded. What signature? For what? Connor turned on his heel and gestured into an open room. Dan entered and Connor glanced up and down the corridor. I breathed softly and his head snapped in my directions. He knew I was here. Sliding into the room, I saw the door shut.

I went into overdrive. Sliding from the room, I slipped down the hall to the door and pressed my ear against it. The voices were muffled.

“…Sign here…” There was a pause, “Perfect. And there…”

“Ouch, that hurts…” Dan grumbled.

“Pain is a fleeting thing. You should know this, considering the sport you participate in…” I listened further, straining to hear. The door creaked slightly, opening. Connor and Dan continued to converse. I slipped into the room. It was another classroom, a large lecture room. Connor and Dan were in the center. Dan sat at a small desk, Connor stood near.

Dan had something in his hand. I squinted. It was a black feather. A quill? There was something red there too, on his hand. Was that blood? My foot brushed something, making a loud noise. A can, left by some rascal. Connor glanced up. My heart froze.

“Is somebody there?” Dan asked, glancing up. He winced. “Ow…” he gripped at the hand that held the quill. It dropped to the desk. Connor turned back to him and reached forward, picking up a faded piece of parchment.

“Pleasure doing business. It will be in affect as of tomorrow.” I watched Connor roll the parchment up and neatly put it into his jacket pocket. “This will only hurt for a moment, but as I said, pain is fleeting.” Dan gripped his head and let out an ear-splitting scream. My blood churned and my nerves froze. What was going on? I gasped loudly, Dan was becoming so pale.

Connors turned toward the shadows, where I was watching. Dan lurched forward, breathing heavily. Whatever was happening had stopped.

“Who dares interrupt me?” The voice was loud, cold, scratching at everything. I did the only thing that came naturally. I ran.

Whirling around, I darted for the door. I felt a cold wind, biting, full of hatred. It rushed around me, pushing me into the hallway. I slammed against the wall and sprinted down the dusty hall, as fast as I could.

There he was, standing in my way. Connor stood, a livid look in his eyes; I halted to a stop before I collided with him.

“What were you doing?” He asked, harshly.

“Nothing. I was just exploring,” I tried to catch my breath. How did he…

“What did you see?”

I held out my hands in defense, “Nothing man, calm down. I was just exploring!” He moved toward me, faster than anything I could imagine. It was a blur. , I felt my shoulder gripped and I was shoved up against the wall. Connor leaned against me; his grip was iron on my shoulder. Emerald eyes gazed into mine, his tongue traveling lazily across his lips.

“You lie.”

“No, really…”

“Do not lie to me! I am a prince of lies!” He growled, “But…wait…” his eyes darted away from me and glanced up and down the halls, “There is salvation for you…”

“What?” My shoulder was beginning to scream in pain, “That hurts…stop…”

I felt Connor lean in closer; his knee was very near my crotch, slowly applying pressure. I did not notice that I was raised up against the wall, my feet dangling. He dropped me and I slumped along the wall, breathing heavily.

“What the fuck?” I asked.

“No, Travis, why the FUCK were you spying on me?” Connor hissed. I looked up, staring into that finely crafted face. He got even closer; I pressed my back against the wall. His hand shot out, slamming into the wall near my ear, preventing my escape.

“I… I won’t…I won’t say anything…” I pleaded. I felt my life was at stake, or something more.

“This is an issue.” Connor mused to himself.

“What is?”

“I must make you an offer,” my captor hissed softly. He leaned in, towards my lips, then his lips rested against my ear, “One you cannot refuse…”

“Okay…” I breathed. I felt my body getting hot. My eyes felt heavy. I could smell him, sulfur and brimstone. A musky scent that sent my senses to a deep spiral. He leaned back, staring at me, still in an uncomfortable proximity.

“It will only require your word and your signature…”

“What did you do to Dan?” I asked.

“Dan? The oaf in the other room?” I nodded. Connor laughed, smiling slightly. I could have sworn his teeth were sharper than usual, “His father and I conducted business years ago, however the old man shot himself recently. He heard I was in town. I merely came to collect." He licked his lips. I shuddered.

“What do you mean…” A pale finger rested on my lips, hushing me. I felt my head expand and calm, I almost passed out for a moment.

“So, about my offer?” Connor inquired. He leaned into me again; his face nearer and nearer until his lips rested against mine. It was a soft feeling, an odd unnatural feeling. Especially from a guy. I could not tear myself away.

“What is your offer?” I whispered, my lips moving, brushing over his. The only thing I could see were those endless green eyes that flickered with an inky darkness that I couldn’t put my finger on. He was not…real.

“Eternity.” Connor breathed. A small movement, his lips pressed into mine. I was thrown into ecstasy. They tasted so great. Everything about him tasted so great. I felt hands traveling under my shirt; I shuddered, pressing further into the wall. Cold hands dove into my pants, I moaned loudly. The hands moved, going places hands would not normally go.

“Stop…” I begged.

“Why?” He asked, between kisses on my neck, “This is what you want is it not?” The voice was cold, twisted, twirling with an ancient tongue.

“Yes… I…no.. I…don’t do this…” I felt myself falling onto sheets, beautiful white sheets. The cold wind whipped around us. My clothes were gone, as pleasure ran in all corners of my body. I welcomed it. I pushed away my confused thoughts and embraced it. His touch was velvet, fire along my skin.

He kissed me numerous times. Cold hands toyed below my waist, making me scream in pleasure. There was laughter. Gripping at the sheets, I was lifted up like a roller coaster and tossed down. G-forces pressing against my body. I wanted to die it was so great, if it went further I would die. I would explode!

“Eternity…” It echoed around me. What did it mean, eternity?

“How long is that?” I asked, my eyes rolling back in my head.

“Forever.” He replied, hands running through my hair.

“What do you want from me, then?”

“I want you.” The voice whispered. I gasped, pleasure arcing through my body, “I will give you anything, simply will it…” Light rushed past my vision.

I sat in the corridor, my clothing strewn in all directions. I was naked, cold. My body tingled, I glowed. Had I just had sex? I felt great, revitalized.

At my feet was a thick roll of parchment. A black feathered quill lay beside it silently.

========

I left the abandoned school, and the partying kids in the dilapidated cafeteria. The parchment was held captive in my fist, my clothes dirty, wrinkled. I trudged home in the fading darkness. Connor and his black stallion of a car had vanished. I just walked, for hours, maybe for the whole duration of the night. Time slipped away and I kept walking, devoid of the pain that was in my feet. Unfazed by the darkness around me or what lurked in the woods.

Cars passed me by without even their break lights illuminating the road before me. , no Nobody attempted to stop and ask me, "Why are you walking in the dark, young man?"

Was I invisible? Whatever Connor did, had that ripped me from humanity? No. I remember the feeling, how great it was. Touching another, feeling pleasure, it sizzled along my skin. As it faded, it left a cold dread that was not right to me, but I could never quite place it.

I reached home, finding that my mother had already gone to bed. My house was dark. It was eerie when it was dark. Light sometimes never went to certain dark corners, it was afraid. I wasn't though. My encounter with Connor had sapped any fear I ever had in the world, I experienced the greatest fear there. I was not in control. Not anymore. Something gripped me slowly, begging for control, but it needed permission.

I stormed to my room and slammed the door. Using my forearm, I pushed everything off my desk and unrolled the parchment. It was endless, the paragraphs of small print in whimsical writing. Clauses, articles, chapters, portions. It was all legal jargon of some company who spoke in an archaic tongue of descriptive words. It drove me mad. I hated it. So much that I attempted to flush it down the toilet, but it would only make its way back to the table. Fire did not harm it, either. I could not even tear it.

As I reached the final page, a simple line was scrawled. Readable type indicating my signature. I stared at the line, wondering if my name would look good on it. That signature I had practiced in middle school for hours, practicing when I'd use it as an 'adult'.

Here was my chance.

I gripped the quill and positioned it over the parchment, I was ready. I was signing for something I had no idea about, but I wanted more, more of him. I wanted to lick him and feel his hair. My body was on fire and if I didn't get the pleasure I wanted, I knew I would surely die!

Something stopped me. My conscience, maybe. I set the quill down and undressed. Naked, vulnerable. I stared at myself in the mirror; my skinny body, awkward, weird. How could somebody like him find entertainment in touching this? It was all wrong.

My musings forced me to sleep, restlessly. No nightmares though. I merely woke often with a sensation somebody was with me, watching me. Not in any creepy manner, the sensation was something of patience, waiting. When I would look into the dim gray of my room, there was nothing. The rolls of parchment remained, and the quill, waiting.

=======

I awoke the next morning feeling fresh. The past night’s events did weigh on my conscience, but I pushed them back. I took a shower, made breakfast. The only downer was that it was raining, heavily. My mom had already left for work, which gave me the house to myself.

I sat on my couch, the TV muttering behind me as I stared out across my driveway, wondering. What was he doing? . Where was he? . I even wished he was there. As I blinked, a lone figure wandered up the gravel, black umbrella protecting those blond locks from the rain. I flew from my seat, still in my pajamas. I looked around frantically, as a knock sounded at the door.

"How did..." I scrambled for the door, sliding along the wood. Through the hazy washed windows, I could see his outline, I opened the door.

"Connor... hey...."

"Travis, good morning." He took the umbrella down, snapping it shut. I stood there, staring.

"What do you fucking want?" The rain whipped around outside. Connor’s green eyes squinted, but he still smiled. That mocking, plaything of a smile.

"I told you last night." He replied simply.

"That did not cover it, 'Me' does not cover it. I'm not into that stuff. I was a little drunk, it’s over with. Go away." I shut the door.

I fumed, staring at the ground. Sure it wasn't the nicest way to go about things, but it had to be done. A knock came again, loudly this time. I growled, whirling around to open the door again.

"GO AWAY!" I shouted. He stood there, twirling the umbrella.

"Travis, calm yourself." The voice was like velvet, my knees got weak, "Now, invite me in, please..." I hesitated at moment.

"I....no, I have homework and stuff to do..." it was a hopeless response. I leaned on the door, letting out a great sigh. "Come in." He entered gracefully, shed his coat and I shut the door. I trudged past back into the living room. He followed after wandering around.

"Lovely establishment, Travis." I did not respond. I just sat on the couch and watched TV. Connor vanished for a few minutes, but I did not mind. I didn't care anymore. He returned with the parchment and quill. "Why have you not done the homework I had assigned you?"

"I probably never will."

"Tsk, come now Travis, it is a sound decision."

"No it isn't," I muted the TV, "What is that for, anyways? And why do I need a quill? Why is it in weird legal mumbo jumbo?"

"Just a bit of flair and protocol, by Dante's dirty toe nails. Just sign it, you'll thank me later." He flashed me a bright smile. Slithering over to the coffee table, he set the contents of our conversation down and sat next to me. An arm draped over my shoulder, I fidgeted. "Resistance is useless...it is useless to resist."

I glanced at him, then to the document on the table that was waiting for me. I leaned toward him, our lips touched as we kissed once more. A soft hand found my cheek, positioning me while my tongue explored. I loved it. It was great. I broke off, breathless, drained. He sucked the very life from me. The hazy green eyes, they looked tired and beautiful at the same time. My attraction to this....to this guy was unmatched. Emerald orbs glanced at the contract.

I slid off the couch, reaching for the quill. As the quill touched the parchment, I felt a prick on my top of my hand. Scrawling my name, the ink was crimson, dripping warmly across the parchment. A scratch appeared in my hand, oozing slightly with blood. I signed further; the scratch growing wider, deeper, as blood dripped lazily from the wound. I was finished. The blood shimmered on my hand, the document. Then it was gone.

Connor stood next to me, rolling the parchment up in his hands. "Perfect." He moved toward me, his lips pressed into my forehead. "Cheerio."

I had done something wicked and terrible.

I had done something evil and I could already feel myself wasting away, but for what I did not know. I just knew I had him and the inky darkness that flooded my mind and heart when he was around. He left and I headed for town. My destination was the only bookstore we had.

Hopefully I'd find some answers there.

Copyright © 2011 thatboyChase; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..