San Francisco LGBT Pride Celebration June 23-24 2007

colinian

SFLGBTPride2007.jpg

The San Francisco Gay Pride Parade is being held on Sunday, June 24.

Here's a link to this weekend's events.

Doug, Chris, Steve, and I will be there. Should be a lot of fun! :lol::hug::wub:

Colin B)

*has a dreamy and wishful expression on his face*

y can't we havbe anything like this here!!!!!!

Have fun guys!!

BSK

y can't we havbe anything like this here!!!!!!

Be careful what you wish for!

We(Mauritians) had our first Gay Pride last year. I didn't go coz I'm still in closet. But I was really happy- at least, they acknowledged our existence. Cool.

This year (about two weeks ago), we got our second Gay Pride. Still YAY! BUT one hour after the Gay Pride started, in another town, another 'group' (religious) started a sort of march to protest against homosexuality, carrying papers that said things like 'Homosexuality is a sin... blah blah blah'. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? I was like... shocked when I learnt this. It's sad, very sad. Are we going forward or backward?

Personally, I'm not really enthusiastic things like Gay Pride Parade. Not my thing. I prefer much more things like Day of Silence or like the Lighting Candles we did here on AIDS day. My opinions.

Hope that you all had fun today! Can we get a few pics?

Ieshwar

Well...we had a big Gay Pride March here in India a few years ago and that went well...but the problem is that it occurs 1,500 kms away from the place i live in.

Not even the capital, New Delhi, hosted this march. I was in New Delhi when the march took place in Calcutta some years back...

i know it'll take time for ppl to accept homosexuality but as they say----

God give me patience but please be fast about it!

lol

BSK