The Amazing Jerry C

Xiao_Chun

I can't thank Colin (Colinian) enough for introducing this guitarist to me.

Jerry C (Chang) is a Taiwanese guitarist and composer, best known for his song Canon Rock, a rock arrangement of Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D. If you search YouTube for Jerry C you will find about 10 amazing videos of him playing electric guitar, in his tiny bedroom seating on his bed. He started playing guitar very late, at the age of 17 (he will be 26 this August). These videos were discovered by some record company and he is supposed to release his first album soon. But it turns out that he is a big star on YouTube for quite some time.

Somebody on GA should write a story about this guy :) Maybe Formosa or LittleBuddha. Anyway, let his talent speak for itself.

1. Sweeping from heaven

And of course the legendary

Jerry C

1160733758045337400.jpg

Funtwo's canon rock was betterer IMHO.

um. thats all I have to add... *has the tab for canon rock somewhere on the computer.*

Hi Andy.

Since you mentioned Funtwo, here is his version of

This version I think became the most watched video in the history of YouTube. Funtwo is a Korean guy, 23 years old, who also started playing guitar very late; he plays for only 6 years now.

I also loved his

It is interesting how similar the stories of Jerry C and Funtwo. They are both amazingly talented. But I have a confession to make, I'm in love with Jerry C :wub:

I can't thank Colin (Colinian) enough for introducing this guitarist to me.

Jerry C (Chang) is a Taiwanese guitarist and composer, best known for his song Canon Rock, a rock arrangement of Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D. If you search YouTube for Jerry C you will find about 10 amazing videos of him playing electric guitar, in his tiny bedroom seating on his bed. He started playing guitar very late, at the age of 17 (he will be 26 this August). These videos were discovered by some record company and he is supposed to release his first album soon. But it turns out that he is a big star on YouTube for quite some time.

Somebody on GA should write a story about this guy :) Maybe Formosa or LittleBuddha. Anyway, let his talent speak for itself.

1. Sweeping from heaven

And of course the legendary

Jerry C

1160733758045337400.jpg

Jerry Chang is sooo sexy in this pic! The posts on YouTube are not very good quality. This pic is. Thanks for posting it.

Colin B)

Quite a sight! He's quite gorgeous, and plays amazingly well. As for the music itself, it follows decades of "melodic" rock, in which guitar players mimic violin players (Yngwie Malsteen, etc.) and it's overall a bit boring. What's really entertaining is the comments on the you tube videos, and the Jerry C. impersonators. There's a duo who are really funny; they cover the tune and play in turn; what has to be watched is not the one playing (they do fine), but the one waiting.