Manga

pitchan

I love anime and manga!! I still read manga like offbeat (pg13 boy meets boy story) and naruto. As a kid I was obsessed (I still am with some of these stories) I watched Pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakasho (if thats how to spell it), Cowboy Bebop, Flcl, Inuyasha, Digimon, Rurouni Kenshin, Rahxephon and many others. I still love these characters in these stories, they made a Powerful emotional impact of my life as a child from 7-13, 14. Obviously even now that I work at the NY Go center all thanks to my exposure of japanese culture in anime. BTW, Pai-chan I love your picture of Shusaku vs Gennan Inseki "ear rendering move". :worship: Are you a Go player?

The other animes and mangas I loved but did not have as strong as an effect was/are Yugioh (in 2 1/2 years I spent hundreds if not, thousands of dollars on their pcg (playing card game)) , Chobits, Dears, FMA (full metal alchemist- can u believe I joined an online fan club for the voice over of the main character in this series), Naruto, and Hikaru No Go. Along with these I read and watched many others. I went to two anime conventions: Anime Next and Otakon

I stopped watching anime when I started playing Judo again. The reason is it took up the exact times I usually watch anime. Because, anime was the only thing I watched on a regular bases I stopped watching TV. Also, I slowly gave up my dedication to manga when I started playing Go as a serious hobby/mental-sport. I felt it was a better use of my time- it is just, if not more, respectable than chess. It also strengthen my sense of purpose, self discipline and patience. When watching two experienced Go players sit and meditate with breath-yielding intensity in front of the board it is evident that this is a game truly worthy dedicating your life to. Because of this I was not concerned if Go might not be a proper way to spend the very little life offers.

Sooooo. . . :D what boy meets boy (pg13) mangas do you recommend?!

Edited by Christian000

I love anime and manga!! I still read manga like offbeat (pg13 boy meets boy story) and naruto. As a kid I was obsessed (I still am with some of these stories) I watched Pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakasho (if thats how to spell it), Cowboy Bebop, Flcl, Inuyasha, Digimon, Rurouni Kenshin, Rahxephon and many others. I still love these characters in these stories, they made a Powerful emotional impact of my life as a child from 7-13, 14. Obviously even now that I work at the NY Go center all thanks to my exposure of japanese culture in anime. BTW, Pai-chan I love your picture of Shusaku vs Gennan Inseki "ear rendering move". :worship: Are you a Go player?

The other animes and mangas I loved but did not have as strong as an effect was/are Yugioh (in 2 1/2 years I spent hundreds if not, thousands of dollars on their pcg (playing card game)) , Chobits, Dears, FMA (full metal alchemist- can u believe I joined an online fan club for the voice over of the main character in this series), Naruto, and Hikaru No Go. Along with these I read and watched many others. I went to two anime conventions: Anime Next and Otakon

I still watch most of those animes you stated you watched when you were a kid... Digimon started showing on Jetix, which hasnt shown anime since it stop being Fox Kids, I loved Fox Kids, it wasnt fair when they tunred it into Jetix :( But anyway it also started showing Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, which I love. They also had a powerful impact on me when I was a kid.

Omg Yugioh... The amount of money I spent on those cards... I still have them now, and last year me and my friend even started playing them in school again :lol: Free lessons are boring we had to have something to do. I love Full Metal, I even got my mum watching that, and she loves it more then me I think!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm selective, but I do really really enjoy a good manga/anime. My favourite would have to be Death Note for its complex themes and plots and ultimately unique characters. The original season of Pokemon comes in second for the sheer amount of simple joy it brought, and continues to ha ha - I also like FMA (I have two nicknames at school - most everyone calls me Pride after that dearest of Homonculi, and a few call me L, from Death Note - yeah we're kinda dorky ha ha) - and even though there is now technically a manga, the Kingdom Hearts series is still more a manga-themed game, but I love KH pretty passionately too. I also was into Yu Gi Oh and have my cards (along with my Pokemon cards) - but yep that's a breif overview of my top favourites --

and sadly I've never had the opportunity to read any yaoi...

Edited by OperaGhostV

I really love manga :wub::wub: I also like anime but not as much as manga 'cos drawing in manga is much better. I also do cosplay :2hands:

I've read a lot of yaoi but I love 'Boys next door' of Kaori Yuki most. It's really a pure, sad love story. Besides, 'Okane ga nai' and 'colour' are also cute, too :2thumbs:

about anime, why don't you try 'Fuyu no semi' or 'Princess princess'. They are so cute, esp 'Princess princess'

Edited by yukibi

• 2 weeks later...