to clean a dvd?

boy on a string

I am one of those peeps who is responsible for the millions of dvds delivered by Netflix. There are times that they come in with fingerprints on them.

Is it ok to use windex to clean them?

Thanks

Boas

Not sure I done it before and hasn't hurt it, also you can get a dvd that has brush's in it to clean the laser in the player.

and can also use rubbing alcohol.

The "best" way? A clean, dry microfiber cloth. Wipe gently from the inside out using straight lines.

A 1:1 isopropyl alcohol:water mixture or glass cleaner (like the Windex you mention) are okay. Use a soft, cotton cloth and wipe gently from the inside out. Straight lines. Never use paper products.

A lady at Netflix suggested to me that I routinely use Windex on their DVDs. I wouldn't use it on my personal DVDs, but if it's OK with them for theirs, that's what I'll do. I have had some unplayable ones suddenly do fine after Windex.

I don't know about Blu-Ray. I've not had a problem with any of them so far. Maybe they are newer and have been handled less. Probably most folks who have Blu-Ray players are not the sort to put grubby fingerprints on the discs, also.