Famous Lawsuits

Linxe Termoil

Grr, anyone know of any famous lawsuits or such, against oil tycoons, television/movie stars, etcetera. I need to find something for class and I'm unfortunately I can't think of any off of the top of my head. I'm also unwilling to use the McDonalds lawsuit, heh.

Thanks for the help. (I'm mostly looking for something that has complaints and such etcetera, but if you can just think of something I may be able to find the rest of the information.)

Thanks,

LT

Google much? Top 10 ridiculous lawsuits. Here are a few that meet your criteria.

http://www.the-injury-lawyer-directory.com/ridiculous_lawsuits.html

1996, the family of Patsy Ann Byers sued Oliver Stone, Warner Brother, and others involved in the making and distribution of the movie Natural Born Killers for an unspecified amount. They claimed that the movie caused Sarah Edmondson and Benjamin Darrus to go on a crime spree which resulted in Edmonson shooting Byers during a robbery, leaving her paralyzed from the chest down. The lawsuit was originally filed in 1995, against Edmonson and Darrus, the actual perpetrators of the crime spree. Stone and the others involved with the film were added in 1996. The portion of the case aimed at Stone and his associates was dismissed in 2001.

2001, Linda Sanders and other family members of Columbine High School shooting victims sued 25 movie and video game companies for $5 billion, in a class action lawsuit.They claimed that were it not for movies includingThe Basketball Diaries and videos games including Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Mech Warrior, Wolfenstein, Redneck Rampage, Final Fantasy, and Nightmare Creatures, the massacre would not have occurred, and that the makers and distributors of the movies and games were partly to blame for their loved ones’ deaths. The case was thrown out and the plaintiffs were ordered to compensate the video game and movie companies for their legal fees.

2006, Allen Heckard sued Michael Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight for $832 million. He claimed to suffer defamation, permanent injury, and emotional pain and suffering because people often mistook him for the basketball star. Heckard dropped the lawsuit later that year.