#ThrowbackThursdays

methodwriter85

So, on Throwback Thursdays, people can post things that are throwbacks to earlier eras.

Here's my Throwback Selection....a look at the Jersey Shore, Circa 1994:

[media]

[media]

If I remember correctly, the Shore was a much sketchier place back then. And yeah, these people are sketchy as hell. LOL.

It's just funny to watch this and remember that back in the early/mid-90's, clothing like this seemed normal and much more sensible than the crazy clothes of the 1980's.

Also, my 12 and 13-year old sisters spent the summer of 1995 at the Jersey Shore, around Point Pleasant/Belmar/Seaside Heights, with just an old family friend as supervision, and I really wonder what they got into. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85

• 2 weeks later...

This week in Throwback Thursday...watch as the Philadelphia Flyers win the 1974 Stanley Cup:

The Flyers were a bright spot for Philadelphia in the 1970's, which was frankly going through hell as industry and population were fleeing. The Eagles and the Phillies were in a down era, and the city was starved for a champion, which the Flyers provided.

That must have been a magical moment to watch in real life.

Tet, does your father remember the 1974 Stanley Cup?