The Raw and the Cooked by Lucy Kemnitzer

I read The Raw and The Cooked by Lucy Kemnitzer today. What a great story, and a fantastic way to tell it! The references to food used as introductions to each chapter and the recipes are fun and interesting, using a year's worth of holidays and/or seasons as the theme of each chapter makes it even more fun, and the story of Marek and Jackson is presented with a unique approach. It's intelligent, sophisticated, fun, and very well written. It's so interesting and well written that I sent the link to my mom (there's no overt sex), I know she'll enjoy it as much as I have.

If you haven't read The Raw and The Cooked yet, here's the link to it in eFiction. The story is finished, it has 12 chapters. If you're like me, once you start it you'll want to read it in one sitting.

Colin :boy:

If you're like me, once you start it you'll want to read it in one sitting.

Colin cap.gif

Lucky. I had the torture of it coming out over a couple of months, and not quite in order. I really should make time to read the final draft, now that it's up, but I haven't yet. Now seems like a good time.

--Gabe