Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Waif and Stray - 9. Calm

Charlotte returned almost an hour later, having somehow managed to get her clothes off to take the shivering Ghost into the shower as he still clung to her. She'd dried his hair in her room - the mahogany brush was overkill for the kit's head size but did the job. By the time they settled in an armchair downstairs, Char in the familiar velvety bathrobe he had first felt on Finn, the catboy was approaching his former state of mind. She sat him down on her knee, ignoring the occupants of the sofa for now, and locked his eyes with hers.

"Do you understand me Ghost? Know my words?

He gazed up, face unmoving. She tried to work out whether there was comprehension within those liquid eyes. This would be so much easier if he were just six months older. People tended to assume a neko this age was child-like, a toddler, but the truth was she was essentially expecting a teen to learn a whole new language - Ghost was more than adept in communication with other neko, just not verbally. The difficulties Jinx seemed to be having were unusual and it likely had more to do with the time in the kitten farm doing psychological damage than his level of maturity as far as she could tell. The comparison with Finn's age wasn't hyperbole; they were just different species. That made what she had to do as demeaning for the catboy as it would be for a sixteen year old boy, and worse, she knew he'd comply unquestioningly; he was still equating her presence with safety. It seemed like a cheap, borderline subversive way to proceed, so did her best to explain.

"We know, I know, you can use the litter tray. This isn't punishment. Good Ghost. Yes?"

A gaze as impenetrable as the labyrinthine depths of perdition returned.

"In case of nightmares? Bad dreams?"

Ghost processed the words. She wanted something. It wasn't supposed to be bad... but he might not like it. He blinked. Did that mean it would hurt? It didn't matter, she knew best. At the moment she was his world, and not just figuratively; she was more or less all his imperfect eyes could resolve.

Well, she had no idea if he got it or he didn't, poor thing. Plan A part two anyway, nothing much more she could do herself. "Jinx, pop over here a moment, I need your help. Hear what I just told him? Could you try?"

The catgirl slid out of Finn's arms, the teen having turned onto his side and hugged her. She'd actually slid next to him, laying down. A few months ago, he and Chloë had been belted by their foster father over the back of a sofa for the first time after a day's worth of constant bickering, side by side, completely naked. They'd been screaming; it was worse than anything he had experienced, having never been caned at that point, and they'd been locked in his room in bed together until morning with the promise of a repeat performance the next day if they weren't friends again. The threat had been unnecessary; as soon as they were alone in the dark they just held each others' weeping forms until they fell asleep. The nakedness of the catgirl against his inspired the same feeling; the lack of clothes was irrelevant to the type of relationship they had. Chloë really could be so sweet when the usual source of friction between them, his constant need to sink into himself (sometimes deliberately because he knew it pushed at her buttons, to be completely honest) was stripped away, but opening up seemed totally alien after so long. He was just coming to the conclusion that there might be benefits to having a bit of space between them when Jinx got up.

Ghost got enough from the catgirl to fill in every blank by the time she was done. He'd mastered control of that stuff a while ago, thank you very much. He looked up at Charlotte, arms folded, chin down and giving a huffy little look just visible to her. She knew he wasn't going to stop her, but seemed to see no need to approve. He was adorable, but she tried not to smile; a full sense of Dignity, as Jinx would understand it, was important. Damaging the early roots of it would do no favours. Lifting him, she turned to the catgirl. "C'mon, you may as well learn how it's done."

Char had a rolled towel that Finn guessed the purpose of immediately. It was spread on the floor and Ghost laid upon it on his back, legs raising voluntarily. He knew how it worked. He was talced, creamed generously and diapered efficiently with tips given to his female packmate from the head of the Tribe, and pouted throughout the whole thing. At least he was safe, he supposed, and being cared for. It was enough really - but the pout persisted until he was picked up. Char's presence still brought a lot of comfort. The nappy felt tight and restrictive - a constant niggling discomfort her arms were getting him through - and his expression returned to it's previous, guarded look.

"Right, I'm taking Ghost upstairs with some dinner for us both, and to listen to a bit of quiet radio until we fall asleep. I think an early night would be just what we need. Jinx, you're in charge, look after Finn."

The towel's continued position left a crippling implication, but it was the early end to the evening, the splitting into two smaller groups that hurt Finn most. It was his fault, but Charlotte was right; the kitten definitely needed some quiet time and personal attention anyway. The day must have been a whirlwind of emotions for him. He looked at Jinx nervously, but she just smiled at him with an incredibly patronising look and shoved the remote control for the TV at him, clearly anticipating it's operation. "Later."

He wasn't completely useless, it seemed.

~☆~

Finn was still expected to do a few things his superior struggled with, as it turned out. She couldn't read (yet, she would crack that nut, she was determined) so the remote just held buttons to her eye, and actually using the tin opener required a little more strength than her slender arms could muster. Beyond that, she did everything for him that evening. She made tuna sandwiches for them both, with a little mayonnaise and vinegar just like Char used to prepare for their lunches when they were both at school. It had always been easier to get through the day when he got to spend his lunchbreak with her; she never seemed to mind or insist. It was up to him. The attitude was so refreshing back then. Unlike everyone else except perhaps Jeremy, she never asked him to share his feelings. If he did, she would gently stop him to ask first if he wanted her to listen or help, why he was reaching out so she knew how to respond. The complete lack of expectation had been the only calm port in his early childhood. The taste took him back, a simple meal but so comforting.

He was perfectly mentally primed, the catgirl supposed, and gently whispered "Now." His scent was as calm and placid as a lake under moonlight in the summertime she missed so much; it was an opportunistic decision by Jinx. She had intended to diaper him later, after snuggling up for a bit watching TV, but his supper had him all settled nicely, poor thing. He definitely still needed hugging - his bum was still bright pink, the red having faded, and that was still a time for cuddles in her experience, but she had no doubt he'd fall asleep in this state. He silently followed and lay down for her, pulling his legs up to his chest and lowering them at her indication as she applied talc, then cream.

It was soothing, cooling Finn found, even her hands on his more intimate areas meaningless as he floated in a place of meditative bliss. He didn't even register that the diapers seemed the perfect size for him, just submitted to the gentle, protective feel Jinx gave him. He heard the bathroom door, Char probably popping to the loo or something. She might have seen him, might not, didn't matter. He was led to the sofa and bade to climb up first, laying facing the room. Jinx climbed up further on the armrest, leaning on the pillow his head rested softly in, and pulled him close to her chest, her head resting atop his as the blanket came down. Charlotte was stood there; he hadn't heard her come in. She wordlessly kissed each forehead and added a second blanket since the fire hadn't been lit, then turned down the TV which would turn off soon unattended and shut out the light. The low murmur sent both to a warm, safe sleep.

~☆~

Char was going to be busy; she had a double shift, having swapped to get Midwinter off the next day, but they'd be joined by Ghost when she headed off at midday at the latest. There was an opportunity in Finn's mind as he lay awake spooning a snoozing neko that he couldn't stop considering, hadn't been able to get out of his head for some time now. He and Jinx would only be alone for a few hours. He knew what he wanted; was sure she'd play along very happily, refuse if not interested. The spanking had been over 12 hours ago now and he knew his butt would be pinker because of being double blanketed and slightly sweaty under the diaper than because of his recent discipline, even if a few spots were tender. If he was going to push the catgirl to let him feel that paddle while they were alone, this was the perfect time. He just couldn't concentrate on working out any appropriately 'naughty' deed to perform with his bladder so full.

He blinked.

He couldn't. Really, it was just so dirty... he couldn't. Could he?

She'd smell it. It would wake her up. Or the hot feeling behind her would. That said, to use the litter tray he'd have to wake her anyway. That's pretty Five-darned flimsy Finley. It's not a good excuse to be so disgusting as to pee yourself on the sofa, nappied or not. The things could take it; they were made for a male bladder around his age it seemed, making them almost comically padded. Apparently the little cute cartoon neko boys on them faded when they needed changing and he sort of wanted to see that. That's worse that 'not waking Jinx', Finn! At least pretend it's about being kind!

It was harder to do than it sounded. He'd trained his body specifically not to do this a long time ago, and there was a mental block to be overcome first, a subconscious that imposed a lot of checks and balances on the procedure his higher mind demanded. This wasn't something he had fantasies about, though he knew some did. He wasn't as naïve as he seemed to some, just suffered from crippling social anxiety - he had seen on the internet that some people his age wet or messed themselves for the feel of it. He got it, he really did, it made you feel younger again so you could hide from all the responsibility for a bit. He related fully, but couldn't see how the sensation would last long enough to be satisfying. A nicely tingling rump after a lightly stingy trip over the knee of someone who loved you could be enjoyed for hours as long as forgiveness came with it, he'd imagined, and this was his golden opportunity to find out.

It was actually remarkably enjoyable to him, surprisingly so. It didn't feel as wet as he'd predicted, due to just how absorbant the padding was, but it was stunningly hot, the fluid insulated and keeping the heat in. Best, capillary action spread the heat down between his legs through the wadded diaper, and the glorious torridness against his buttocks made him exhale every ounce of breath from his lungs over as long a time as possible. It was the soul shivering thrill of naughtiness, guaranteed to be all the more satisfying because it was so limited, so fragile. He was running headlong to a cliff edge, knowing the arms of Jinx would catch him, and suspecting very deeply that when she got her hands on him...

 

Jinx was sleeping happily when it started. It was lovely, snuggling with the human boy who was so warm. He stank of self satisfaction, an aroma she couldn't fault; she reeked of it herself. Bed was lovely. Having the boy there was warming her bottom nicely. It always seemed to be cold in winter, her rear end. She'd rub against the rug to warm up sometimes and had found out Very Interesting Things; Undignified to be sure, highly so, but... Very Nice. That smell though?

Was that...?

No. It couldn't be. Her Dignified self was not toasty warm because of that. She had not sleepily half dreamed of her Secret Nice Things because of that. Oh. Oh. She erupted from the covers, spinning to fix Finn with a glare that could melt lead. Her hands were balled on her hips and she leant forward threateningly. Finn couldn't help it, he burst out laughing - he hadn't realised just how much he'd needed to see this. This was Jinx angry. This was Jinx about to discipline him. Not that abhorrent thing of nightmares he'd seen. That was something different. That was what anyone who threatened them would see - it had been intended by the neko that he never witness it, but knowing she was far from as cutely helpless as she could look was a comfort.

Jinx stormed to a sidetable and grabbed her paddle and the wet wipes, then threateningly waggled the wipes at him in error. Finn's increased laughter was infectious; she dropped her head and joined in, shaking it slowly in mirthful despair. What had she been going to do? Give him the hiding of his life with a wet wipe? The fact she seemed to have found a way to deal with losing Dignity by actually laughing at herself was a new concept. Still, there were standards to uphold; she was second in charge of an entire tribe, after all. Naughty kitten was gonna catch it but good now. Just one last thing. She held up the paddle. In her joy at getting gifts she had forgotten to ask...

"Words."

Finn blinked. He actually assumed Char had told her and he was being made to say them as punishment before she used it, feeling an icy chill of shame he'd remember for the rest of his life. The last time he'd utter them himself or hear another do so with the very same shiver was a long time in the future. "Be a good boy for Jinx."

Oh, perfect. This she owned. He had not been a good boy for Jinx.

He found himself undiapered and wiped down. The heavy nappy disposed of, she sat on the sofa, legs far from the floor as she shuffled to make room over her lap. He descended carefully, overtly avoiding putting weight on her erring well this side of caution. She brought the paddle down as hard as she could. There was a dull pop. He looked back and made a wrist flicking gesture she grasped immediately and turned out to be far easier for her to keep up, given there was far more dexterity to it than any raw strength and the round embossed surface picked up the slack. The stinging was just very slightly over the faint line between discomfort and pain; if the idea of spanking didn't give a thrill it would be too hard. For Finn, it was just what he'd hoped for. That thought was the last he had for a while. His mind had too much to deal with; he wasn't prepared for it the first time. He was completely overcome, every molecule of his being quivering with either pleasure or pain - he honestly couldn't tell. His eyes squinted, watered, every muscle contracting at the sensation, nose and mouth squeezed toward each other. It was... thwappy. It was the only way he could ever find to describe it. It didn't last all that long; Jinx stopped long before a tear fell. He throbbed - uncomfortable for the moment. It was painful; eventually he'd learn his rear needed a touch longer to recover from a decent hand spanking from Char; that had aggravated a few tiny sore spots, but it sank into a warm buzz very quickly for now. Jinx happily declared "Good boy." He never did work out what made Jinx decide to stop the punishments she gave him; it seemed just at a whim. It was like a light switch had gone off in her attitude to him.

His disciplined bottom kept him going until lunchtime when Charlotte appeared, a hot, constant reminder he was loved. He was sitting with Jinx when Ghost was added to them, curling up in a tangle as Char headed to work. Snow really came down that night, and it was an exhausted young woman that came in after midnight - It had been a struggle for her car to deal with on the way back home. Creeping through the house as the three slept, she laid out all the gifts for the morning and headed off to bed.

~☆~

"...and the gifts granted by the Five gave mankind their every blessing, but their sibling withheld his gift in bitterness and cruelty. He did betray us, and for the Great Sin was cast into the depths of Perdition, to be tortured unto the end of all things. On this, Midwinter, which should have been the Traitor's High Holy Day, we exchange gifts in defiance of his iniquity..."

The Pentad cleric droned on. Zack sat between his parents on the hard bench; his mother wasn't the most dedicated Five follower, but viewed Midwinter and the five high holy days as worthy of observance. Almost all of the town seemed to, with a few notable absences he'd really hoped would be here. So close though - he was sat directly behind Chloë and her family, watching her gently squirm on the bench in a way that put her firmly in the spanked-well-but-not-today category in his mind. She was dressed in a way he knew she'd be hating; smartly turned out in her best like everyone else, and the thin floral print dress was offering her little in the way of cushioning against the harsh pew. She looked almost inconsolable, the general empathy he felt glancing at her was for the obvious despair in her hazel eyes when he caught the occasional glimpse of them. He didn't have a brother or sister, much less a twin, but being separated must be horrible. Why had Finn moved out? He seemed too sweet to have fallen out with the girl all that badly.

Zack was still trying to decide how he felt about his parents' gift; the next week staying with a friend back in the city. It would be great to see them again, but after so much effort to talk to Finn... he shook his head lightly. Finn would be here when he got back. A break might be just what he needed.

~☆~

Jinx woke both kittens with a squeal, instantly looking guilty at the spikes in fear she detected as they both woke with a start. Finn grasped immediately what had her excited - there were piles of gifts on the floor - but he wasn't eight any more and it was a long way off dawn yet. Ghost could sense it was happy surprise she felt, but was very much of the opinion that bed trumped curiosity too. Finn murmured "Later."

Jinx stared at him incredulously. Really? He could resist? She looked longingly at the gifts - some were wrapped in yellow paper tied with pale blue ribbons. They had to be for her, she loved blue ribbons.

"Char?"

The catgirl blinked. No, she didn't have anything for Charlotte. Jinx had no idea where presents originated and couldn't get her anything.

"Lie in."

Ohh, she'd love to be able to be grumpy but he was right. Char deserved a lie in, and they could do that. She sank back down with her groggy catboys and tried to get back to sleep, still staring at the presents in the dark.

~☆~

Charlotte slept in late, a very pleasant surprise - she'd expected to be peeling a hyperactive Jinx off her face at 6am like last Midwinter morning. Surprised to find the other three awake, discovering the lie in had been a deliberate effort on their part almost brought tears to her eyes; given her brother wouldn't have any gift he'd bought her with him, she hadn't expected anything at all and the gesture was appreciated.

Ghost was showered with gifts; mostly in the way of simple toys. He'd seemed fascinated with various textures against his skin, so the various soft toys had this in mind rather than any expectation he would play with them in the same way as a kit a year younger would have, but just the attention from his new friends was the thing that seemed to give him most joy.

Jinx (who had spent long hours in tortured anticipation) had various toys and treats, including a relatively simple games console designed for neko. The game appeared to involve being a catgirl building a farm to live at in a cartoon village, and had her rapt from the moment she got the gist of it.

Finn only got one gift from Charlotte that mattered, though there were a few. The house key represented such acceptance that he burst into tears when she gave it to him; she hugged him and said he was daft, but seemed moved by his reaction. The contents of the envelope he found afterwards were initially a touch more infuriating.

At first, he thought the folded paper which held a sketch of him in pointed ears was from Nick or a sibling, that he was being taunted that others knew his secrets, until Charlotte murmured gently "They're not neko ears. No headband either. And Finn... it's beautiful."

He looked again. She was right - the ears were clearly lupo. And it was incredibly detailed, if flattering beyond the reality in his opinion. He was just too inexperienced with this sort of thing to grasp the meaning, but his sister definitely wasn't. She'd held the pencil in similar situations.

"I think you might have a secret admirer." There was no taunt in Char's voice, just a level statement of fact. He looked at her, shocked, but didn't contradict; he was pretty sure she was right on reflection. This was going to take some thinking about, but the idea that someone out there saw him like this picture... even if nothing ever came of it, if it was someone he didn't like that way, it felt nice today to know they were out there.

Copyright © 2022 AlreadyForgiven; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Poor Finn, I hope he finds a way to move past the self-degradation, there's so much more to life!

An interesting chapter to say the least!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..