Jump to content
    BeaStKid
  • Author
  • 512 Words
  • 906 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2009 - Summer - Carpe Diem Entry

Would You... - 1. Story

Author's Notes:
I’d like to thank Sharon, for it were her editing skills that made this story comprehendible.

Feedback is always appreciated at bsk_stories@yahoo.com

Would You...

by: BeaStKid

 

“Do you really think I should do this?” Andy asked his friends, who had surrounded him.

“Of course, dude. It is now or never. You have to do it or else you won’t ever be able to. Go for it, man!” Mason egged him on.

Andy looked to Melissa for help. Out of all the kids in his group, Mel was the only one who thought with the right brain, even if Mason hotly debated that fact.

Chris was not surprised. He knew that Mel was the one who held the cards where Andy was concerned. “What are you looking at her for? C’mon! You can’t be listening to her at this stage, can you?”

“I don’t know, guys. I am scared shitless to do it and…”

“Mel, say something here, will ya?!” Mason pleaded. “We are doing this for Andy…together, as a group. Don’t you want to see him happy?”

“Umm…yeah. Bu…”

“Andy, if this goes alright, will it make you happy?” Mason asked, ignoring the irritated look that came across Mel’s face at being cut off.

“Absolutely!” Andy replied, with a dreamy look.

“See?” Mason concluded. “Now tell him, Mel.”

“Uh…Andy…I think you should…” Melissa began.

Chris, knowing what she was about to say, cut her off. “Great! Even Mel agrees. Now would you go do it, please?!”

Andy sighed, “Okay, I might as well do it. Wish me luck, guys…”

“Best,” mumbled his three friends, but Mason could not take any chances. For good measure, he gave Andy a nice shove in the right direction. Andy, taken aback by the sudden change in gravity, successfully maintained his balance. He looked back in annoyance, but continued walking forward.

Meanwhile, Mason turned to Chris and whispered, “He’s going to get whacked, isn’t he?”

Chris just nodded, Melissa rolled her eyes.

“Oh no…” Chris groaned and then pointed at Andy, who was still looking at them while continuing to walk. Mason groaned as well while Melissa covered her eyes just as Andy walked straight into Lindsey Martinez.

The tray Lindsey was holding flew into the air, and time stood still for a second as the contents fell from their perch.

“This is so ‘High School Musical’…” Mason chuckled.

The food landed on Lindsey’s cheerleading outfit with a deafening, as well as sickening, splat. The entire cafeteria came to a standstill as a look of horror streaked across the face of the most popular girl in school. The look was far worse than the food that splashed on her outfit, but Andy hadn’t seen it, as he was busy looking at Lindsey’s ruined, but wet, shirt.

“Would you go out to the prom with me?” he asked without looking up.

This time, the entire cafeteria groaned, but the one sound that resounded over the din of the groans was of skin hitting skin.

“Ow! That’s gotta have hurt!” Chris remarked. He held out his hand toward Mason, who dropped in a dollar with a sigh.

******** 
 

© 2008 BeaStKid

Discuss This Story Here

Copyright © 2010 BeaStKid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2009 - Summer - Carpe Diem Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..