Jump to content
    BlackInkRain
  • Author
  • 1,044 Words
  • 1,495 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Snow - 2. Red Handed

Getting Snow warmed up was simple enough. Louis made some hot cocoa for him, and bundled him up in blankets as he sat on the couch. After taking a look, he couldn’t find any evidence that Snow had hit his head, so they agreed there wasn’t really any need to stay up all night. After about an hour, they both went to bed. Snow crashed on the couch, and Louis went to his room.
 
The next morning was. . .puzzling. As Louis stirred, he found some delightful smells invading his senses. After a few minutes, he sat up, and rubbed his eyes. That aroma. . .it was bacon, and coffee. Slowly, he got out of bed and padded into the kitchen. The scene before him was surprising to say the least.
 
There was a beautiful man, with snowy white hair, dancing about the kitchen with incredible grace as he cooked breakfast and set it on plates. He was humming in that feathery voice that Louis had heard the night before, and it was enchanting. Louis found himself staring on as Snow finished preparing breakfast and turned, jumping at the sight of him.
 
“Oh, hello,” he said with a sheepish smile. “I hope you don’t mind, I made breakfast. I figured since you helped me, the least I could do was make sure you had delicious food to eat when you wake up.”
 
Louis looked at all the food he’d made, consisting of sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, coffee, and biscuits with gravy. “I didn’t know I even had all this food. . .” He muttered.
 
“You didn’t,” Snow informed him, “But the nice lady across the hall agreed to give me the food so I could cook for you.”
 
“Oh?” Louis quirked a quizzical brow, “What exactly did you tell her?”
 
“Well I said that I’d stayed the night with you, and you were really nice, and so I wanted to make a nice breakfast for you,” Snow explained, “And she said that was very sweet, and let me take the food.”
 
Louis turned a little pale when he heard that. To him it sounded as if Snow had been suggesting that they were ‘together’ and that’s how his neighbor had taken it. She didn’t think that Snow was his new boyfriend, or something, did she? He had to sit down. He had started to believe he was gay after he graduated high school, but he certainly wasn’t prepared to let anyone know that. He’d never dated a guy so far.
 
Snow noticed he seemed distressed and frowned, “Are you alright? You look sick. . . .”
 
“I’m, uh, fine,” Louis managed, trying to clear his head and push the worry aside. What was done was done. If Miss Johnson thought he was homosexual, he couldn’t exactly ‘correct’ that belief without lying. “Just. . .thank you. It smells wonderful.”
 
“Okay. . .” Snow didn’t seem reassured. He set Louis’s plate in front of him and poured his coffee. “Do you take your coffee black?”
 
“Yeah,” Louis was mostly in a daze at this point, picking up his fork and pushing at his food.
 
Snow set his coffee in front of him as well and sat down to eat his own meal. Things quickly became quiet between them. Eventually Louis got around to eating, and he found that the food was more delicious than it smelled. It turned out that Snow was really an exceptional cook.
 
After they ate, Snow was swift to start cleaning up. He started humming melodies again, and Louis watched him as he moved about the kitchen. He was lean, but he actually seemed to have a bit of muscle to him. The loose t-shirt had a few rips and tears. This revealed the curious fact that Snow even had a six-pack of abs. Louis began to wonder, trying to piece things together about the man before him.
 
He looked close to Louis’s age, or perhaps a year or so younger. He was fairly clean, not like a homeless person, although there were a few unexplained scars littered over his body. Glimpses of the skin on his back exposed that he had a tattoo similar to what Louis had, of angel wings which covered his entire back. They were silver in color, and very detailed, from what Louis could see.
 
Snow had a very slight limp when he walked, but he showed no pain in his features that indicated it was due to a recent injury. His face was indeed flawless; perfectly symmetrical and without a blemish. Louis had never laid eyes on such flawlessness and beauty. By the time he’d finished taking in the man’s appearance, Snow had finished cleaning.
 
He turned and found Louis staring, and a soft smile touched his lips. One tooth was just slightly off. It was barely noticeable, but against the face of perfection, it drew more attention than it would have on someone else. “How long have you fancied men?”
 
The question completely caught Louis off guard. He choked, coughing and sputtering, “W-what?!” He asked, stunned, “What are you talking about?”
 
Snow withdrew, biting his lip, “I’m sorry, did I overstep a boundary?” He asked precariously.
 
“A little. . .” Louis’s voice was strained. He stood up, heading down the hall. “I’m, uh, gonna go get. . .a shower. . . .” He wasn’t sure what else to do or how to react to what had just happened.
 
Had Snow known the entire time that he was gay? Was it really that obvious? Was this a sign that Snow was interested in him? This was entirely new and uncharted territory, and Louis simply didn’t know how to deal with it, or even how to cope. He stepped into the shower, under the spray of warm water. This was becoming too confusing for him. He didn’t even understand who Snow was. He was still a total stranger. Yet he appeared to have made himself at home already. They hadn’t even known each other a full day, and already somehow Snow had picked up on the fact that he was gay.
Copyright © 2014 BlackInkRain; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Reading this again is so nostalgic :D I forgot how entrancing the beginning was, and Snow's so cute!

Anyway, poor Lou, he's so thrown off :gikkle: random dancing hot (cold? :lol:) guy in his kitchen, and said hottie sees right through him :lol:.

Onto the next chapter all over again! :D

Link to comment

You had me at food. Thanks for breakfast! Also, Louis has nice neighbors. I wish my neighbors would kindly give me food once in a while. I was a bit skeptical at first, but the second chapter had me hooked!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..