Jump to content
    BrilledeLune
  • Author
  • 1,588 Words
  • 1,956 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Stephenie Meyer <br>

Forbidden Love and Hidden Desires - 2. Chapter 2: Stupid Instinct

I know, this is a small chapter but I'm really trying on work with the editing and trying to put more detail in my work. I do promise that the story will have some intresting twist and turns, but it would go slowly I don't like rushing things. So please bare with me.

All Twilight character belong to Stepahnie Mayer. But Yisrell is complete my work.

Emmett’s POV:


As Rosalie and I were walking out of the store, me holding (the thousand and one shopping bags of useless stuff that my wife insists on buying because “They are the new fashions”, she says.) Me trying to be a good little husband carry all of her things and open the door for her and treating her like the lady she is even just saying after “After you baby.” What’s the only thing that comes out of her mouth?


You better be careful with those bags, Emmett!! She says to me.


WTF? What ever happened to a simple thank you or thanks?


I’ll never know.


So I just answered: “Yes, Rosalie” in a flat tone.


By the way my name is Emmet Cullen.


You know is weird how women after you been with them for almost 70 years have little tendency to take you for granted. Which got me thinking probably there is something wrong with me? I don’t look a day older then 23, I got a good physical appearance and I’m a complete gentleman with goofy personality or so my brother and sister say. Oh yeah! It just hit that I said we been together for 70 years and I don’t look older then 23 he he. Forgot to tell you me and Rose are immortal How you may ask? Well to make simple explanation out of the whole deal were vampires. But not the bad kind I mean we are good sort of speak we don’t drink blood from humans we only drink from wild animals. Do understand this there are others out there, that do drink human blood. But not me and my family, I mean we like to consider ourselves as vegetarians.


I know I know family joke.


Sorry.


So like I was saying: Women after a while tend to take you for granted. Don’t get me wrong I love my wife but lately we been walking on thin ice you might say, things have been just weird between the two of us is like we don’t have anything in common anymore. All we do is just the same old things we don’t even have decent conversations anymore even the sex monotonous.


So as I’m thinking all of this I noticed Rose is actually looking at guy.


At first my instinct tells me to be jealous but when I saw her face and it had this weird look that said: “What are you looking at?”


So I never took really looked at the guy because I was in my own little world of frustration with my wife being the main focus of it.


So I just kept walking heading to a sports store I needed some new equipment.


Yeah I have a little temper sometimes and I wrecked my old equipment. Sue me!


Let me explain something to you all vampires share some equal abilities like super speed, inhuman strength; we have sensible hearing we are able to hear a couple of miles away, we are surprisingly beautiful, we can walk in day light; yes people we can! The only thing is that instead of turning to ashes our skin glows like diamonds; among other things but they are some of us that actually get like an extra something, for example my brother Edward he can read minds, my sister Alice can see the future and as for my I’m more physically stronger then others, you see when I was a live I used to do a lot of hard labor that required to be in physically top shape; so I brought some extra brute force with me if you might want to call it that over in my transformation.


So going back to present; I was checking out some bats when all of the sudden it hit me! The smell, it was something intoxicating to me but I don’t know where or to be more precise who was coming from? As I looked around the store I felt as if I was on a trance.


Rosalie took noticed of my estrange behavior and what I was doing and started to follow me so I wouldn’t do anything stupid. Or so I thought.


After a while she grew tired of this and asked: Emmett, are you looking for something?


To what my only response was to shake my head.


At that moment I started to hold my breath which in reality is something we do mostly out of habit and to not make human suspicious of what we really are.


I went back to browsing the store, quickly gather the equipment I was looking for and went to the register to pay for the merchandise. As stood there in line my mind started running a mile a minute thinking of that smell, oh that smell! It was mixture of honey and sweet perfume.


As in instinct I felt the venom running to my teeth, I trying with all my might to hold it back but it was rather difficult. Or to be completely honest I just wanted to get lost in it. I almost forgot that Rose was standing next to me.


“What is the matter with you? She asked. You look like you are about to go crazy, your eyes are turning pitch black and you are not breathing. All of the sudden she realizes what was going on. Emmett we have to go now! She said in a low and quick voice only meant for vampire ears.”


I was about to let a growl escape at her right then and there in the middle of the store for scowling at me. But something stopped me on the spot. I don’t know why but I just gave her the equipment and bolted out of the store.


My senses guiding me to the sweet source of the aroma, that has nestle itself in my nostrils. I quickly started moving throw the crowd of people that was in my way. I hadn’t taken notice that Rosalie was there on my trail not loosing track of me.


Emmett, you idiot!”


Where are you going?”


You can’t do this.”


I know she kept talking but there was something about this aroma that was just kept calling to me, my senses were at a loss so I just started walking faster as I could at my “human pace”.


I took me a couple of minutes before I found what I was looking for, the source of my senses running wild.


There on a bench a guy sat and from him was the sweet smell that has my senses running wild.


Everything about him was calling to me and that’s when it hit me hard; I started feeling my mouth water, my venom running through my teeth, my eyes darkening and ready to pounce and claim my price.


He looked at me with a weird expression on his face, if he only knew that he would become my next and most precious meal to date. But before I could even move and inch I saw Rosalie stand in the middle and right next to her my brothers and sisters.


Move! I said.


“No, you can’t do this, let me rephrase that you will not do this.” Rosalie said at once.


“Emmett, if you do this we will all be discovered” said Edward standing also behind me.


Its was very hard for me not to kill that guy right then and there but thinking of my family made me come back a reality some what. And also there was another thing the looked that he had on his face was of absolute fear and admiration.


I have to get out of here! I said to no one in particular.


So I turned and started walking to as far away from him as I possible.


Once I reach the mall door I soon, started walking to the parking lot and when I was outside of human eyes I jumped at full vampire speed. I ran and ran for a couple of minutes until I reach the outskirts of the city. There I sat in the floor and started to observe the late afternoon Seattle city sky line; and think about what happened. I almost murder a innocent, could have expose my family and I’m pretty sure I would have gotten myself kill by The Volturi for exposing our kind to the mortal world.


As I was sitting here pondering about what could have happen if I would have acted on my impulse. That guy had Rosalie and Edward to thank because if it weren’t for them he might not be alive at this very moment. But there was something more about him that intrigued me, apart from fear there was admiration in his eyes.


“Oh does eyes.” I sighted.


WAIT!!!!


“What am I thinking?”


“This is a guy I’m thinking about not some girl and even above that it was not Rosalie my wife, what in the world? Weird.”


A penny for your thoughts.” said a voice from behind.


“Hi, Alice” I answered.


We were starting to get worry I had a vision…” she let it trail off.


What did you see?


“Of you; beating yourself for what could have happened today.”


Oh, was my only reply.


She then sat down next to me and started looking to the city with a very comfortable silence between the two of us. I thinking of what this meant and she probably off in a mental shopping spree.

I will be trying to make chaprters longer and more detail from now on. But Reviews are always good even if you don't like just say it. I respect everyones opinions.
© 2005-2020 Stephenie Meyer; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2011 BrilledeLune; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Stephenie Meyer <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..