Jump to content
    BWCTwriter
  • Author
  • 862 Words
  • 946 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

When First We Meet - 1. Chapter 1

My palms were sweaty and my heart was beating so fast, it felt as though it would burst from my chest at any moment. I bounced my left knee up and down repeatedly in nervous anticipation. I bit my lower lip and wondered just what would happen that night.

My best friend Jenn, whom I met last year, in the ninth grade, set me up with Alex, a boy she thought I’d like. Jenn had become my personal “fag hag,” as some might call her. It was nice to talk to someone about a subject I was very nervous about. It wasn’t easy growing up gay in Podunk Iowa. The kids there weren’t overly homophobic, but I just never could tell if I might mistakenly flirt with a boy who wasn’t into guys, and might get beat up or worse if he turned out to be one of them.

Jenn assured me that Alex and I had plenty in common, and that he was cute, sweet, and easy-going. I certainly hoped so, for her sake. If he turned out to be an ass, I was going to have hers for breakfast.

It was 8:05pm. He was five minutes late. I was beginning to wonder if maybe this kid was gonna ditch me. Just as I began to lose hope, I felt a soft hand on my shoulder.

“Matt?” he queried.

I looked over and saw an angel standing before me. He stood about 6 feet, just a few inches taller than me, thin frame, blond hair and emerald green eyes, and a smile that set off fireworks in my heart. He was breathtaking. I’d never seen a boy so beautiful, much less one who would even consider giving me the time of day.

I momentarily forgot who I was. “Hi, I’m… uh…. Matt.” That is my name, right?

“I’m Alex,” he greeted with a sweet voice. He extended his hand and we shook. His skin was soft and warm. I could feel his loving nature flow through his hand and into my heart.

He sat down across from me in the booth and we got some of the basic questions out of the way. He was sixteen, about six months older than me. He was an only child, just like me. He was as much in the closet as I was. He went to school in the next town over, which is why I’d never seen him before. Jenn said she met him at the local gay-straight alliance that I was too chicken to go to, even with her by my side.

We talked for several minutes, breaking only to order some food. He ordered a cheeseburger with fries and a Sprite. I requested the same. He smiled when I told the waitress so. I hoped he didn’t think I was trying to earn points with him or something.

Watching Alex eat was heavenly. I loved how he held his burger so delicately. He ate in such a seductively sweet way; it was hard not to stare, mouth agape, as he worked on his food. I had to remind myself to take a bite of my own food every once in a while. I felt like such a dork, being so entranced with such a simple act as eating.

In between bites, we talked about what we liked to do. He was great at sports, being on the basketball and swim teams. I was more into soccer. He enjoyed romantic movies and novels, as did I. I was better at Math and Science, whereas he was more into Writing and History. We both enjoyed bowling and rollerblading.

We’d gotten along so well, we were shocked when the manager asked for us to start to wrap it up. It was 11:30. A half hour past closing time.

“Well,” Alex concluded, “I’m really glad we did this.”

I grinned. “Me too.”

“Can I walk you home?” Alex queried. He was an unbelievable sweetheart.

“Of course,” I responded with a smile.

As we slowly walked down the main drag toward my house, I found myself snaking my hand into his. He looked at me with a smile, but said nothing, and we continued walking in silence.

When we reached my house, and he’d walked me up the steps to my door, he said, “I really enjoyed tonight.”

I grinned. “Yeah, me too.” I couldn’t think of anything else to say. I was smitten with him.

He gently squeezed my hand, looked me in the eyes, and leaned in, giving me a gentle peck on the cheek. Always the gentleman. He smelled so sweet. His cologne was heavenly.

I smiled. I felt my cheeks rush with blood. My body felt hot and tingly. Alex ignited in me a fire I had not yet felt. I was in love, and I was sure he was too.

“Let’s do this again some time,” He suggested.

I grinned sheepishly. “I’d like that.”

I turned to the door and opened it, stepped inside, closed the door and leaned on it. I took a deep breath in, enjoying the bliss of my newfound feelings.

I had found my first love.

Copyright © 2011 BWCTwriter; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..