Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 480 Words
  • 1,099 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt's for 2016 - 2. Prompt 492

“Now what do we do?” Casey huddled closer to his twin in the supply closet. “This was your bright idea.”

Jamie glared. “You agreed to it.”

“I did not agree to play a prank on the principal. What on Earth possessed you to use that spell on Principal Jopas?”

Casey cringed as he thought back over the last twenty minutes.

Jamie had talked Casey into teaching him the creation spell for flour their mother had taught Casey recently. Casey was always helping in the kitchen, where as Jamie preferred to be outside playing.

Casey had assumed—wrongly as it turned out—that Jamie planned to cover a fellow student in flour at school, it was typical prank and harmless. He hadn’t even conceived that Jamie would cast the spell just as Principal Jopas entered the room.

How the guy knew it had been Jamie wasn’t a mystery. All the pranks in the school were usually the fault of his twin—in some way—and by default Casey got into trouble as well. Like today. By the time the principal had recovered Jamie had pulled a protesting Casey out the room—while laughing uproariously—and thrown him into the supply closet just as Jopas came out the classroom door yelling for them.

“He’s going to kill us.”

Jamie snorted. “He won’t kill us. The worst that’ll happen is we’ll end up in detention again.”

“Why me?” Casey raised his gaze to the ceiling.

Jamie smacked the back of Casey’s head. “You are just as in this as I am.”

“I am not, I—”

“Keep still someone’s coming.”

Both boys stilled and waited holding their breath.

Footsteps stopped outside the closet and the only sound was the frantic beating of their hearts. Finally, the footsteps started again and moved away.

The brothers breathe a sigh of relief and waited another five minutes before Jaimie tried the door.

It was locked.

“What?” Jamie demanded wiggling the door knob as though he could force it open.

The noise of a bell froze them where they were. Then Principal Jopas’ voice sounded in the small space.

“Jamie and Casey. Since you find it so funny to make a mess on school property I thought your punishment should fit the crime.

“The closet you’re in is in terrible condition. The door will only unlock when you have finished sorting and tidying the entire place.

“Have fun boys.”

Casey looked round. “But, everything is already in place, the cleaners were only in here yesterday…”

He trailed off as a breeze surrounded them and everything on the shelves starting dropping on to the floor. The noise only lasted a while, but, when it stopped nothing was left in its place.

“Better get started boys.” The principals voice sounded gleeful before they were once again left in quiet.

“Now what do we do?” Casey Demanded.

First line - Now what do we do?
For more stories with the twins as adults, head for my story discussion topic for a full list
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..