Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2010 - Spring - I'd Never Do That Entry

She's Not What She Seems - 1. Story

She's Not What She Seems

by Dolores Esteban

 
 



We were sitting on the stairs in front of the club, looking into the distance. 5 am. Day was already dawning.

“Why, Natalie?”

“Why? I love it. I like it. I do enjoy it. It’s a game. A game I cannot stop to play. I sit and I watch them. I watch their eyes. I control this game. They are not aware, but I am. I return their looks when I decide that I want to.”

“A guy usually comes over to invite me for a drink. I just sit and smile. He wants to impress me and I listen to his story. I touch his hand subtly when I think the time is right. I watch his eyes. He struggles to get his reward, that one and only reward. It’s interesting to watch him. It’s pretty exciting. He puts a hand on my knee. His hand moves up slowly. I get aroused by the thought that within a few minutes I will be unmasked.”

“He leans in to kiss me. I return his kiss. A long and passionate kiss. He’s relaxing. I feel his relief. So close to his goal. So close to mine. I spread my legs. Just a little. They cannot resist. Never.”

“Imagine. We are engaged in a kiss, my hands resting on his shoulders. He runs his hand up my thigh. And then he stiffens. His muscles tense. He breaks the kiss abruptly.”

“I see the horror in his eyes. Yes, we’re sitting in a public place. Many eyes are watching us. He feels my lips on his and he feels my hands on his shoulders. I smile at him. He has just kissed me. And he has just realized that I have deceived him.”

“What do you think they’ll do? Some find a quick excuse. I watch them leave and I smile. But many stay with me, you won’t believe. They need a few minutes to regain their cool. There’s a look in their eyes that I cannot describe. Confused, stunned, amazed and surprised. Amused and proud a bit. You don’t think so? Yes, they are.”

“What’s wrong with it? I’m not a threat. I guarantee some fun. No need to ever see me again. No need to talk and no need to explain. No need to lie. They touch me and they wrap their arms around me. They relax in my arms. They even kiss me again. People just see a nice couple, a handsome man kissing a beautiful lady. I am more beautiful than many women they have met. I don’t have that haunted look in my eyes.”

“Yes, I take them home. They stay an hour or two. Some stay for the night. But I won’t take you home, Daniel. I’d never do that. Because this evening means a lot to me.”

I watched him.

“I understand, yes. I like to just sit here with you. Tell me. What’s your real name, Natalie?”

I looked out into the empty place for a while. Finally, I turned my head to him.

“My name is Patrick,” I said.

  

© 2010 Dolores Esteban

Story Discussion

 

Copyright © 2010 Dolores Esteban; All Rights Reserved.
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2010 - Spring - I'd Never Do That Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..