Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 738 Words
  • 971 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Curse of a Blood Moon - Prologue. Born with Curse

strong>A Boy born with the Curse of a Moon God...

Being a Shinto follower, he didn’t like that today was the day for this. He was thinking seriously about what was going to happen. Izanagi Iwasaki, named after the first man according to Shinto Culture, was born in a shrine and raised by the priest. His wife Izanami Iwasaki, named after the first woman, was orphaned at the shrine on same day as he was born. They were raised by the priests of the shrine and eventually got married according to Shinto beliefs.

Izanagi is pacing in Hoden, the main hall of the shrine with a worried look. He was waiting for the old priest Itsuki Fujimoto, who raised him. He was so worried that he never observed his son in law was there with their family doctor Mrs. Takeda to look after Tsukuyumi Iwasaki, daughter of Izanagi. Tsukuyumi is pregnant and about to give birth to the child. The Doctor checked and told Izanagi she may have some serious complications and they can only save one.

"It cannot be happening!” Izanagi said to no one in particular.

"What?" Doctor Takeda asked him observing his state of concern.

"She doesn’t have to give birth tonight!" Izanagi said.

"What? She will die either way Mr. Iwasaki. At least we can save the child." Takeda replied.

"Call the healer!" Izanami shouted from the room.

"Doctor Takeda, she is fighting." Was all she heard from the man standing at the door. She ran into the room and closed the door.

Izanagi is glaring at his son in law, who is standing at the door, and said "This was your fault. You married our daughter against our will and now you bring this misfortune for her. I will never forgive you if something happens to her."

He was silent even after the blame and insults he got from his in-laws. He and Tsukuyumi married against their families will. They stayed distant from their families after marriage. Tsukuyumi was depressed over the separation. When she became pregnant, she asked if they could go to her parent’s house when the delivery date drew near. He knew how they would treat him, but accepted all to see Tsukuyumi happy.

He was patiently waiting outside of the door. He heard his wife cry out, and then a small baby's voice crying loudly could be heard. He got tears in his eyes, but still he waited for the doctor to come out. Doctor Takeda came from the room with a concerned look on her face. She spoke with a heavy voice "You have a boy... but..." She hesitated to speak.

As he felt his heart lurch, he asked "But... what doctor?"

Doctor Takeda turned to Izanagi and said "I am sorry Mr. Iwasaki. Your daughter is no more."

Izanagi felt a surge of tears at the edge of eyes, as does his son in law. But he controlled his emotions and wearing a serious look on his face, he glared at his son in law.

"Take your son and get out of here. I don't want to see either of you again." Izanagi snapped at his son in law.

"But..." He was about to say something but stopped when he the old man growled.

"Just get out of here." Izanagi shouted at him and went out.

He barely can speak to anybody. He went into the room where his wife Eva, short for Iwasaki, lies on the bed not moving. He looked at his son and his wife.

"He is so like you Eva. I am going to name him as we discussed."

He took his son from his mother in law and kneeled in front of his wife, "Here is our son Eva. Our Bryan, Bryan Carson Iwasaki, as you named him." He said to her lifeless body and kissed her temple. He left, having no reason to remain there.

_____ * _____ *_____

All the rituals were completed by midnight. Izanagi sat at Haiden, the worshipping hall. His wife Izanami came to him, "Why have you banished them? You can't be that cruel, I know. After all he is our grandson."

"He is cursed." He said dryly.

"What?" She was more frightened than shocked.

"He is cursed by that Blood Moon." said Izanagi, pointing at the lunar eclipse. It had turned blood red. "That is why I don't want him near this shrine" he said as a tear dropped from his right eye.

span style="font-size:1em;line-height:1.3em;">Thanks to Seth and Kitt for their Support.
Thank you all for putting time to read my story. Feel free to Review and Comment. I'd Love to hear from You All
Copyright 2015 The Eminent MGK, All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A good start, Emi. So baby Bryan is cursed, his mother died and has been banished, with his father, by his grandfather? Not a promising start to life. I look forward to seeing where you take this story,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 04:01 AM, LitLover said:

A good start, Emi. So baby Bryan is cursed, his mother died and has been banished, with his father, by his grandfather? Not a promising start to life. I look forward to seeing where you take this story,

Yeah, Not a good start to the Life. But eventually something going to happen when all is going to get set... Yeah I have a great story in My Mind, I don't know how I am going to put it in efficient Way. Whatever, Hope You will going to Like the Story.

 

Thank for the Review... :)

Link to comment

I have to come back with the likes, but this is a great start. What a terrible thing to have happen. At least he was able to say goodbye to his wife. I'm curious now about what the curse is and how bad it must be to warrant banishment.
Well done..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 11:14 AM, Defiance19 said:

I have to come back with the likes, but this is a great start. What a terrible thing to have happen. At least he was able to say goodbye to his wife. I'm curious now about what the curse is and how bad it must be to warrant banishment.

Well done..

Its a Shinto Believers Family, So they should have abandon their Grandson. There going to some situations that will give clearance of such incident.

 

Thank You for the Review... :) And I really Appreciate the Likes ;)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..