Jump to content
    Excuse
  • Author
  • 1,136 Words
  • 1,250 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Wiccaning - 1. Chapter 1

“SHIT! How am I going to get out of this? How in hell did this happen? Oh god he’s getting nearer!” Were the panicked thoughts that flew through Jason Barnette’s mind, as he ran for what he felt was his life. His feet pounding the concrete paving beneath him, he felt no tiredness, no pain, void of all feeling but the white-hot sickliness that creeps through your body, causing your veins to turn icy from fear. All he knew at that moment that turning down the dead end alley had been a mistake.

----------------------------

Thick translucent sheets of ice rain lashed down about him, biting his skin like a thousand tiny whips. Jason ran, his feet pulverized the street beneath him, refusing to stop as he passed shelter after shelter; vast willow trees, door stoops of the old Victorian houses that lined the street, even bus shelters went unused.

He could neither slow down nor stop; seeking sanctuary from the storm would only be advantageous to the more imminent danger that followed him.

Running so fast that it physically hurt, Jason hoped that he wasn’t running for his life, God knows, he was, but he just couldn’t be. Running wasn’t his strong point, and if this was truly it… run or die… well it didn’t bare thinking of.

Yet as Jay’s legs began to tire, his overworked muscles aching from the exertion, that every new step placed upon them, he refused to stop, the thought that that thing, that, that dark, monstrous, hooded thing. His adrenaline, his desire to survive, the fight or flight reaction these kept him running, even after he was long tired, down back streets, through the park, vaulting walls and yet… that same reaction could only push a body so far. As Jay vaulted another wall his knees almost buckling beneath him, he knew he was beginning to slow down.

“Jesus, come on one more street! You can do it” He hoarsely choked out to himself.

As he breathed violently, desperately, trying to maintain his pace, he could feel his throat burning, red hot and prickly, with only the blood thick saliva to soothe him, he was unsure whether it was from the blow to the face he had received or just because he was so out of breathe.

Cutting down a back street Jay tried to run faster, he disliked the dank cobble-stoned alley at the best of times, the dripping of old gutters, the towering terrace houses either side, making him feel claustrophobic. He had to swallow his fear; this was the quickest route home after all… god he wished he’d stayed at ‘home’…

Heaving for breathe he saw the end of the back passage, opening up to his own road, 5 houses just 5 houses, he was nearly at the end of the tunnel like passage, when his hopes where dashed.

Falling flat, landing on his wrists, he felt them shatter, he knew it, he’d broke them. “SHIT” He cried. He tried to spring back up to carry on, but the pain was too intense, as he tried to crawl and drag himself up, he heard the slowing of footsteps behind him, the low deep cackle of his captor.

God just two more meters come on He thought to himself, please, please God.

Crawling faster he scrambled into someone’s rear gateway, the back passages’ only shelter, this one wrought iron gate was his only support as he tried to pick himself up.

“Sit little one” Came the cocky drawl of the fierce creature behind him.

Oh no no no no! Jay was cornered with no way out.

Still clambering to stand, he chanced a look back and regretted it. The human like being stood over 6feet tall, towering over him; tribal like red markings covered his completely black skin, his eyes large and red as blood, bulging at the excitement of capturing Jay. Long black talon like nails, and a baldhead adorned with two stub like horns.

Jay just whimpered and forced himself upright, but even before his legs could again give way, he was forced through the air back to the ground with a wave of the creature’s hand.

“Please, I I I’ll do anything” Jay cried, scrambling to the wall from his crumpled heap on the floor.

“How about scream… will you scream for me?” the creature’s deep voice reverberating off of the surrounding walls.

It’s eyes aglow with sick pleasure and anticipation, it walked closer to Jay, raising his left hand palm side up, he magically lifted Jay from the floor. Turning the same hand as though he were holding Jay by the neck he pinned him to the wall with the same invisible force. Stepping up to Jay, so close that they could each feel one another’s breathe the creature sniffed like a wolf, growling he licked up Jay’s cheek, dragging the nail of his right index finger from Jay’s neck to behind his ear. The creature again cackled as Jay whimpered at the feeling of his skin being penetrated, at the warm sticky flow of his own blood.

“I wonder what you taste like witch? Should I try you?” the creature cackled. His skin touching Jay’s, it felt like uncooked liver, damp and cold and fleshy.

Again Jay whimpered as he turned his face as far away from the creature, and it’s foul breath, as he could.

“You smell sweet… come on why don’t you scream… you cry like a little girl, why not scream like one”

Even though he feared for his life, even though he was crying, something inside Jay snapped. He’d been bullied for years, and he’d never fought back, if he was about to die… then he was going out fighting!

Not knowing what this creature’s weakness was, nor being able to move his upper body, he decided that if this apparently masculine human like creature was human enough, then his foot in between its legs should do the trick.

“Ugh! You little shit!” The creature growled as it stumbled back, breaking the invisible hold it held over Jay.

Jay slumped to the floor and attempted to run even with the pain coursing through his body.

“No you don’t” The creature sneered.

Swinging its hand it flung Jay into a wall so hard that when his head connected with the cold brick, Jay passed out. The creature approached Jay’s limp body and laughed.

“Pathetic”

Raising its balled up hand, spinning it open, the palm of its black hand began to glow and slowly an orb of pure brilliant fire began to form, swirling and twisting. It threw the fire ball into air and caught it several times, before laughing once more.

“Too easy”

Taking aim it threw the ball of flames at the Jay.

“Goodnight witch!”

 
Copyright © 2011 Excuse; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..