Jump to content
    Excuse
  • Author
  • 912 Words
  • 1,091 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Wiccaning - 2. Chapter 2

Previously;

Raising its balled up hand and spinning it open, it’s black palm began to glow and slowly an orb of pure brilliant fire began to form, swirling and twisting. It threw the fire ball into the air and caught it several times, before laughing once more.

“Too easy.”

Taking aim it threw the ball of flames at Jay.

“Goodnight witch!”

---------------------

“Elle! Would you just shut up and listen?” James snapped down the phone.

“Ok, sorry. It’s just… I mean… I-“

“ELLE!”

“Ok, go on”

“Look, I don’t know who he was, or if he knew he was a witch… but when we bumped into each other… I mean… wow! He’s the one!” James babbled excitedly. Realising he’d barely breathed as he spoke, he began to blush, his cheeks feeling hot even against the howling wind and never-ending rain.

“Wow! I’m totally thrilled for you, so when do I get to meet him?”

“Erm about that… he kind of just… ran off, after we’d bumped into one another…” He replied trudging through the gale force wind, his jeans soaked to the knee.

“Ok that could be a problem…” Elle earnestly replied.

“Ya think? I mean I was totally just thinking we’d look him up in the random hotty yellowpages!” James sarcastically drawled.

“Oh don’t start with me little man! Now listen! You need to…” Elle explained how James should go about finding the stranger.

Turning the corner onto a road he’d never seen in his life James continued walking, stopping half way.

“Elle… I don’t… I don’t know where I am?” James spoke worriedly into the phone.

“What do you mean –“ Elle spoke, chuckling at James’ situation.

“No I mean… I was heading home” James worriedly interrupted.

“What…“ Elle began.

“Ugh! You little shit!” James heard a voice coming from down an alleyway. The voice was strange; it was unsettling, almost non-human.

“Elle! I gotta go! You need to get down here as soon as.”

He clicked the phone shut and creeped down the alley listening intently to what was being said. When out of the shadows a gargantuan beast appeared. The light from a ball of fire cast a dim glow across the demons broad chest, and down to a heap on the floor. James first saw the red and black demon and then noticed the defenceless lad slumped at it’s feet.

“Goodnight Witch!” the demon hissed as it took aim.

“NO!” James yelled as he rushed forwards.

“Wha-“ the demon grunted as it turned to face James. Taking in James’ slight build and his wide eyes, the demon laughed at the man’s “boyishness”.

Raising it’s hand in an over the shoulder swing it threw the flames towards an on coming James.

“SHIT” He yelled as he raised both of his hands, crossed one over the other, and pushed them outwards towards to the ball of flames.

The fireball acted as though it had ricocheted off of James, and was propelled back towards its source.

“Oh-“ the demon began but then let out an almighty scream, as the ball of flames struck it instead, and it was engulfed at once by the death of it’s own flames.

Huge flames of amber and yellow swept over the creature, turning completely black as it ceased to scream, with its last breath, the flames imploded inwards on the being and it disintegrated.

The powdery ashen debris of the being still drifted to the ground as James ran forward and dropped to his knees in front of the young man that lay before of him.

“Come on! Wake up man” James spoke as he cradled the unconscious form of Jay.

Sensing that they weren’t safe in their current location James reached into his backpack. Always carry some supplies child he remembered his mother’s advice. Lifting a crystal he placed it on the floor and held his hand over it.

“Elle! Come on we’re here!” James closed his eyes and concentrated for a moment, until he felt the warmth of the energy, which erupted from the crystal. Concentrating the crystals natural energies with his own magical ones was a skilled ability and one that quickly tired James.

Bright white light shone out into the night sky, lighting the dingy alley way. It was the sort of light that any normal person would miss; it was almost invisible unless you knew what you were looking for. It cast a protective glow unto those who created it, and only other magical creatures could detect it.

“Not long now, come on stay with me” James urged the unconscious Jay, stroking his face, caressing his cheek with his thumb. James could feel the slow trickling of warm blood coming from the back Jay’s head, mingling in with the rain water which soaked the young man’s clothes. “Come on Elle!”

The sensation of someone cradling Jay stirred him, he tried to open his eyes, but they wouldn’t, he sensed an almost white light around him, engulfing him. It felt warm and safe… if this is dying…it’s not so bad! Then he felt a hand brushing his forehead, his cheek… he could feel someone there, water dripped onto his cheek, yet he didn’t feel afraid, he knew it was someone other than that creature that had attacked him.

Oh God what was that thing? Oh my head Jay thought as the full force of what had happened hit him.

His head throbbed and he slipped back into unconsciousness.

Copyright © 2011 Excuse; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..