Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rashomon Effect - 1. Jake

The noise erupted from the radio and woke Jake out of his deep dreamless slumber. Still groggy, his eyelids straining to stay shut, he slammed the off button on the alarm. Jake looked at the time and realized he still had five minutes to relax in bed before getting up and leaving for school. But what Jake didn’t take into account in his mental calculations is that by staying in bed, he would drift right back to sleep.

His cell woke up Jake for a second time, but by then it was already too late, school was to start in twenty minutes.

“Hello?” Jake answered in a sleepy voice.

“Jake, I’m gonna kill you! Where the hell are you?” Nathan asked.

Now, Jake couldn’t have been anymore awake. He quickly understood that he had in fact fallen back to sleep and that he would be late for school if he didn’t hurry up. Most of all, he had forgotten to pick up his friend Nathan on his way to class. “Shit! I overslept. Give me ten minutes and I’ll be over,” Jake said as he rushed to get dressed.

“Forget about it, I’ll get to school by myself,” Nathan said with a clearly annoyed tone in his voice as he quickly hung up on Jake.

Jake rapidly finished putting his clothes on, brushed his teeth, grabbed his car keys and ran out of the house. Rushing in order to avoid getting to class late, he ran at least two yellow, closer to-reddish lights. Arriving at school he saw he made it on time and he let out a long breath as he parked in the student lot.

After stopping at his locker, Jake, knowing he’d have to seek forgiveness, went and looked for Nathan. He got closer to Nathan’s locker on the other side of the school just as his friend was turning his back and walking away.

“Hey Nathan! Wait up!” Jake shouted as he saw that Nathan was leaving.

Jake rushed through the crowd of teenagers and didn’t care that he was bumping into his fellow classmates who shouted ‘Hey! Watch it!’ as he pushed them to get to Nathan.

The bell rang, forcing the remaining students to speed to their class before their teachers decide that they’d need a pass to enter in order to avoid an afternoon in detention.

“Hey Nate, I’m really sorry. I feel really bad,” Jake apologized.

“Ya well, next time try to live up to your promises,” Nathan spat at Jake. “Now, if you will excuse me I need to get to my class.”

Jake stopped dead on his tracks as the viperous comment from Nathan hit him hard. Nathan left him standing alone in the hallway for a few seconds. Jake quickly regained his posture and followed Nathan into class, taking his seat next to Nathan as the teacher started the day’s lesson.

“Jake, so nice of you to join us,” Mr Groleau, their French teacher, said sarcastically.

The class wasn’t all that bad. As usual, they started with some theory about grammar, then they got into pairs to perform language exercises. Quickly, Jake turned to Nathan since they always worked together and usually spent more time talking than actually doing the work. But this time, Nathan had already started working with that tramp Nancy before Jake could turn toward him and start practicing French. As he realized that he wouldn’t be able to finish his talk with Nathan. Everyone had alread paired up with each other, Jake, in the end, was left alone with his thoughts.

When lunchtime finally arrived, Jake certainly didn’t complain. After a really boring class, having some time to just chat couldn’t hurt. Jake arrived in the cafeteria from his locker with his lunch and sat in his usual spot in the front left corner of the room. He stared out the window as the morning sun disappeared into some menacing dark grey clouds. Jake woke out of his trance when Nathan sat down right next to him. Their friend Sandra took the seat in front of them.

“You look like a guy whose morning was a snooze fest,” Nathan said.

Jake turned to Nathan with a smile and replied, “Bah, It was just boring as usual. School is school after all.”

“Jake, what are you doing friday night?” Sandra asked.

Jake thought it over, even though he knew perfectly well what she meant. He’ll be going out with her, or at least it seemed like it. “Nothing for now. What do you have in mind?”

“Well, Nathan and I are going to the movies, so you’re coming with us,” Sandra answered decisively, closing the matter without giving Jake any chance to wiggle out of the invitation.

“Oh because I’m going to the movies? When did I say yes to that?” Nathan said surprised.

“Yup, remember you just told me that you’d come. In fact, you promised me that you’ll come,” Sandra replied.

“If I remember correctly, I only said that I would think about it. I didn’t give you any answer, Sandra,” Nathan pointed out.

At that moment, Jake jumped into their discussion. “Nate, there’s no point arguing, she just wants to have some moral support when she sees her beauty Mike. You know how she’s into him, she just needs someone to keep her from saying dumb stuff.”

Jake knew that Nathan had hit the right reason when he saw that Sandra’s face suddenly turned bright red as she blushed all over.

“Do we need to keep her from saying stupid things just then or all the time? Cause I do have other things to do,” Nathan said with a sly smile. His little comment earned a kick on the tibia from Sandra.

The sound of someone and their lunch crashing onto the floor interrupted their conversation. Jake turned around to see what caused the racket and saw one of their classmates laid out on the floor face down. The room of teens erupted in laughter at the sight of a fellow student making a fool of himself in the middle of lunch time in the cafeteria. Jake couldn’t remember the name of the guy who was sent flying down hard on the ground face first, despite having seen him around in the hallway in school. That wasn’t true of the school bully. Jake knew him, as well as just about everyone else in school. But luckily, he’s never been the bully’s victim.

As he turned back, Jake noticed that Nathan was trying to hold back his laughter due to a warning stare from Sandra.

“Dude, that was so nice. Did you see the face he was making? It looked like he was about to go home to cry to mommy!” Nathan said excitedly.

Jake threw Nathan one icy cold look. He couldn’t believe that his friend would say something like that. Worse, he could not believe that Nathan would condone such abuse. Especially after that the bully had called the poor boy a fag as he laid on the floor covered in the chili, juice and chips from his lunch tray.

“Well what?” Nathan asked. “You might not like the reason why he got tripped, but you gotta admit that the end result was kinda funny.”

Nathan’s explanation didn’t ease Jake’s anger, but Jake dropped the matter and didn’t say another word. But when Jake looked toward Sandra, he realized that she wasn’t as forgiving and wouldn’t let Nathan off the hook so easy.

“Nathan, you can be such a jerk, you know that?” Sandra said. “The ones that laugh at that sort of bullying are just as bad as those who beat up on others,” Sandra desperately said.

Jake realized that it would be best for him to change the discussion topic. “Remember you’ll have to put up with us at the movies. And you even have our authorization to ditch us if you score with a cute guy.” Jake looked at Nathan for confirmation “Ain’t that right Nate?”

Nathan looked a little lost for a while before recovering. “Oh ya, of course, and maybe you’ll be making out in the projection room.”

Jake let out a sigh of relief when he saw that Sandra had caught the bait as her smile returned.

The lunch period ended much too quickly for Jake’s taste. By the end of it, no animosity was perceivable between Sandra and Nathan and everything was back to normal.

Jake and Nathan said goodbye to Sandra as she wasn’t in their next class. Jake was happy that he could finally be alone with Nathan, but was disappointed that it wouldn’t be for long as the bell was about to ring. He decided that he wouldn’t go to his next class, at least not right away, and especially not if he could get Nathan to stay with him. He made a right at the next hallway and started walking away from their next classroom.

His move didn’t go unnoticed, as Nathan, who followed him, asked “Umm, where are we going now?”

“Just follow me,” Jake answered him back.

Nathan complained “What about class? It’s about to start.”

Jake ignored him, and pulled him into a deserted restroom. Jake knew that there wouldn’t be anyone in there. He knew that they were in a part of the school where almost no student ever ventured. He knew that anyone who used this bathroom would be in class by now. At least, that’s what Jake figured. After having hauled Nathan inside, Jake rapidly inspected the restroom stall to be sure that they were alone, just as he planned, before locking the door behind them.

Nathan gave him a quizzical look and asked “I’m guessing that you’re not bringing me here cause you really have to go, right?”

“Right!” Jake said before grabbing Nathan by the waist, drawing him close and planting a big kiss on his lips. “Hun. I’m really, really sorry about this morning. Please, will you forgive me, sweetie?” Jake said with a mischievous smile.

Jake saw a puzzled face turned into a warm smile. “Oh dear, keep doing right that and I’ll completely forget all about it,” Nathan said.

Jake didn’t need to be told twice. He took it as an invitation to go further. He kissed Nathan again as he gently caressed Nathan’s neck and held him tight. His mouth moved up to Nathan’s neck to his left ear, and Jake began nibbling on his earlobe. Jake could tell that his friend was enjoying himself because he was shivering.

Jake felt Nathan push him off for a moment. “Sweetie, what about class?” Nathan said one last time.

“Who cares about that. It’s just sex ed. It’s not like we’ll miss anything that’s gonna be useful to us in that class. Besides, we can give each other some lessons right now,” Jake said just before getting back to his task at hand.

Jake resumed playing with Nathan’s ear then returned to Nathan’s moist lips, kissing him passionately while sometimes gently biting Nathan’s lower lips.

Jake ran his hand down the front of Nathan’s pants. It didn’t take him long to realize that he wasn’t the only one turned on at that very moment.

“Oh, looks like your mista wants some action,” said Jake playfully.

Nathan looked down and saw the bulge in Jake’s tight jeans. “It seems like I’m not the only one, hun.”

“Uh huh, the question we need to know is what we’re going to do about that,” Jake said before grabbing Nathan again. He tugged Nathan’s pants down just enough so he could tease the tip of Nathan’s young adonis.

They went back to kissing and Nathan started to complain. “Oh no, you’re not doing this. You’ve started something, you gotta finish it.”

Jake replied. “Maybe I don’t want to, maybe I just wanted to tease you.”

“Then, sweetie, maybe I’ll just have to fuck you,” Nathan said with a laugh as he kissed Jake again.

Jake smiled. “Then what are you waiting for?”

Nathan stopped dead in the middle of the bathroom and exclaimed. “What? Right here? We’ve got nothing to help us do that!”

Jake grinned. “Look in my bag, sweetie,” Jake said as he walked to the sink to take a few moments to fix himself up in front of the mirror. When he was done, he turned around, unbuckled his belt and seductively exposed the top of his black boxers briefs for Nathan to see.

“Lube? You’ve brought some lube to school!” Nathan shrieked. Jake grinned and proceeded to tug down his underwear just an inch more so Nathan could see the outline of Jake’s erection pressed against his briefs.

Amused, Jake replied. “Yeah, well it was already in my bag since the last time we did it at your place.” He continued to tease Nathan as his pants fell a little lower.

“Hey!, that’s my job!” Nathan said suddenly as he grabbed Jake close to him. Jake gave him a puzzled look because he didn’t know what Nathan meant. Nathan smiled and said, “You’ve undone your belt!”

“Sorry,” Jake apologetically said. “Won’t do it again, promise.”

Jake felt Nathan plunge his hand into his underwear as they resumed their passionate kissing. Jake moaned as he detected Nathan’s hands on his ass as Nathan pushed Jake’s jeans to the floor. Jake then unbuttoned Nathan’s pants and soon they too were off. Jake felt his lover’s fingers gently trying to find their way inside of him. He responded by kissing Nathan even more passionately.

After a little work, and with the help of enough lube, the fingers were replaced by Nathan’s rock hard cock that had been waiting all morning to perform his duty. They rocked back and forth together as Jake’s ass accepted his prize.

After they finished, as they began to put their clothes back on, Jake noticed that, out of nowhere, Nathan’s face had become white.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” Jake asked.

Nathan answered him back. “What was that noise?”

Jake who was almost completely dressed by now didn’t know what Nathan was talking about. “Sorry, I didn’t hear anything.”

“Oh well, I thought I heard someone,” Nathan said.

Jake reassured him. “We’re all alone here. Don’t worry about it dear.”

Jake saw that his words seemed to be enough for Nathan. After having made themselves presentable again, Jake unlocked the door and left the bathroom ten minutes before the end of the class.

They decided to go and wait for Sandra in front of her room, and leave with her since they were sharing their last class together. As they were almost in front of the classroom, Jake realized that he needed to stop by his locker.

“Darn, I need to run to my locker, I forgot my book there,” Jake explained before turning around.

“Don’t worry, I’ll go with you,” Nathan rapidly answered

“Nah really, it’s alright, the class is about to end anyway, just wait for Sandra here, I’ll join you soon enough,” Jake said.

As Jake made his way across the school to get to his remote locker, he cursed himself for having forgotten his stuff in there.

Once in front of his locker, he quickly unlocked it and retrieved his big math book and stuffed it into his bag.

The noise of someone coming made him look up. It was highly unusual since the class hadn’t yet ended. Jake tensed up thinking that it could be a teacher who would give him trouble for being out in the hall at this time.

Jake let out a sigh of relief as he saw a fellow student turning the corner.
“Hey there!” Jake said to the teen. The boy didn’t answer back.

The lack of answer didn’t matter much to Jake as he was suddenly more worried about having left Nathan in a loud busy hallway. He hoped that Nathan wouldn’t run into a teacher. Jake closed his locker and locked it back. Then he left to get back to Nathan.

As he was about to turn the corner, he heard a loud bang. Jake didn’t have time to react before he felt a sharp burning pain hitting him in the back. The shock was too much for him as he felt a burning sensation in his chest and after a brief moment, his legs weakening and Jake felt onto the ground.

Nothing made any sense, everything around him seemed like it was spinning and his sight became blurred as he felt his body go numb. His breathing became labored and it became harder for him to draw air into his lungs. Jake passed out.

Copyright © 2011 FrenchCanadian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great start to a story. Chapter one introduces most of the central characters, makes you care about the narrator, and ends with a bang. I wanted to immediately continue reading, but I'm thinking with it being based loosely on Roshomon that I should take my time between chapters to let it soak in. Recomended.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..