Jump to content
    JimCarter
  • Author
  • 6,200 Words
  • 2,480 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Camp Fires and Chemistry Books - 1. Camp Fires and Chemistry Books

Camp Fires and Chemistry Books

by JimCarter

This is getting to be such a boring place. Well, maybe more lonely than boring. I thought when I won the lottery that all my problems had been solved. I was living in Houston working for a major oil company when at twenty-three I managed to hit the lottery. I wanted the lump sum so that meant I only got half the amount of the winning. Then after Uncle Sam got his cut, I still had almost twenty-one million.

I love horses and playing golf. I bought a parcel of land that was partially in the city limits and partially outside the city limits in the town I grew up in. I managed to get the property cheap because the town seemed to be growing in the other direction. I built a big beautiful house just outside the city limits. I wanted to be somewhat secluded and still planned to develop the acreage inside the city limits and make more than my total investment if all went according to plan.

Both of my parents died while I was in collage. Dad died from smoking all his life, and mom soon after out of loneliness. I was twelve years younger than my nearest brother, so it was pretty easy to figure out that I was not planned. Not that my brothers and sister were planned, but I am pretty sure mom and dad thought they were finished having kids before I came along.

I paid off my brothers’ and sister’s houses when I moved back to our home town. Once my house was built and I had moved in, I shared with my siblings that I was gay. For some reason I had never seen a reason to share this with them before, and their reaction to the news proved to be explosive. My oldest brother called me everything bad and evil he could possibly think to call me. My sister just said I disgusted her and to never speak to her or her kids again. The brother closest to me in age told me I was dead to the family.

I really couldn’t believe how my family reacted. I didn’t have a clue that they were so bigoted. I wasn’t expecting them to be elated or anything, but I didn’t want to continue with them fixing me up with available young women. I didn’t want them to fix me up with guys, just stop pushing every single girl they knew at me. I have always been close to my nieces and nephews and during the short time I had been back in town, we had become even closer. The hurt that I felt from my brothers and sister rejecting me was nothing compared to the hurt of my nieces and nephews being ripped from my life. The deepest hurt was from the nephew that was born on my birthday just six years apart. His parting shot was to call me a fucking faggot.

My closest friends from when I was growing up soon became scarce as well. A couple of friends didn’t abandon me and for that I am immensely grateful. The country club where I played golf didn’t ask me to leave, but I had to be careful to avoid a few people that didn’t like having a faggot around. I considered just packing up and going somewhere else. Since I didn’t really have family holding me here, I would probably be happier somewhere that didn’t remind me constantly that my family and friends had rejected me. To add insult to injury, the church that I had gone to all my life except when I lived in Houston, made it known that I wasn’t welcome there any longer. Switching mass times didn’t help and I was finally told by one of the elders that I was no longer considered a member of the parish. My first inclination was to fight it, but for some reason I didn’t. A friend told me I should consider Holy Trinity Episcopal. I went and was immediately welcomed into their midst. I even learned there were a few other gay people among the members. I went from being a Catholic to an Episcopalian just that quickly.

Not having enough friends and no family to help me spend my time, I built a barn and stables and bought a few horses. I soon got the bug to start a racing stable. I ended up buying a couple of existing racing farms just outside Hot Springs. I went about finding really good people to help run the stables. A couple of the trainers that I wanted to make a part of the organization turned me down. One just flat admitted that he knew I was gay and he wouldn’t have anything to do with being in business with a gay man. When I asked what that had to do with race horses he just said he didn’t want to argue about it, but he didn’t want to be around faggots.

After that I decided that I needed to make sure no one that worked for Carter Farms had a problem with any form of bigotry. I finally found a great trainer and he helped finish building a great crew to run the farm. We wanted to be competitive fairly quickly but our long term goal was to breed and develop most of our stable of race horses. The first year we ended up with only three horses racing and two babies that were both eligible for the triple crown next year.

I am going to build a new house on one of the farms, but right now I am continuing to live in my current house about sixty miles away. I just didn’t want to leave, not that this place meant that much to me. I guess I wanted to stay just to prove to my family that I was stronger than their bigotry and wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of causing me to leave. The horses that I had at my house were just nice gentle riding horses but I rarely missed a day of riding. The man that took care of the stables rode with me occasionally but he knew I missed riding with my nieces and nephews.

This particular Thursday, I had been out riding and stopped to admire the view. I tied Stormy to a nearby bush to let him graze. I pulled a blanket out of the saddle bags and spread it to rest for a bit. I had not slept well the night before. It was one of those nights that haunted me about my relationship with my family. I intended to watch the sunset from this vantage point and maybe get a few nice pictures from the purples and oranges that I figured the few clouds would offer. I guess that my being so tired and the peaceful setting combined to put me to sleep. I woke well past sunset. I looked at my watch and saw that it was after eight. I climbed aboard Stormy and slowly started back toward the barn.

I topped a small ridge and notice a glow that appeared to be from a campfire or something. This property was posted and I thought it best to investigate. When I got to within a hundred yards or so to the light, I dismounted and tied Stormy to a bush. I worked my way slowly toward what was definitely a camp site. I don’t exactly know what I was expecting, but I didn’t want to surprise some fugitive or something, so I surveyed the campsite before I gave away my position. It was quickly evident that this was just a single person and not a group camp. I noticed one set of clothes hanging from a rope between two trees. The shelter consisted of a lean-to facing the fire. The fire pit was neatly kept and the area cleaned. At least there was not a danger from the fire setting the whole place on fire.

In the lean-to was a naked teenager reading some sort of book by flashlight. The glow from the fire made his cute bubble butt look like golden globes. The more I looked at this teen, the more pressure I felt in my jeans. I decided I better make my presence known before I had a roaring hard on and couldn’t get answers to why this boy was camping on my property. I walked into the camp. “Hi there. My name is Jim and I own this property, it looks as if you have been here for a few days. I don’t usually let folks camp here.”

He jumped when I walked up and quickly tried to cover himself. “Sorry mister. I didn’t know it would be a problem.”

I could see frustration and desperation in his eyes. “I’m not necessarily saying we have a problem. I am just trying to figure out what you are doing here and if I should consider it a problem. First of all what is your name?”

“Aaron; Aaron Barns. Mind if I put on some clothes?”

“No Aaron, put on some clothes.” He grabbed some loose basketball shorts and put them on. I didn’t get a real good look at his cock and balls, but I saw enough to know he was blessed with both a nice cock and nice hanging set of balls. Once he was settled I sat beside him on his sleeping bag. “What were you reading? That light is very bad on your eyes.”

“I was doing my chemistry homework. I don’t have much choice, I can’t get all my homework done in study hall and it’s dark by the time I get off work.”

“I take it that this is now your home. Will you tell me about it?”

“Not that I have much choice, I guess, but it is not that complicated. My friend and I got caught hugging and he saw them before they could tell he was just as into it as I was. He pushed me away and shouted something like ‘Don’t touch me faggot.’.” He hung his head. “All my friends started avoiding me and then one day they painted ‘FAGGOT’ in big pink letters across my truck door. When my dad saw it, he just stood there with his mouth open and my mom went ballistic. She started quoting scriptures and told me to get out of her house. That was a week ago. I camped here when I was a kid and so I came back here because I knew I could survive here. At least until school was out.”

“How old are you Aaron?”

“I will be eighteen in three weeks.”

“At eighteen you will be able to live anywhere you want, but right now the law says you are still a child and need a parent or guardian. I have a big house with plenty of bedrooms. You are welcome to stay at the house, but I will need to get your parents permission to let you stay there.”

“My mom won’t have anything to do with me anymore. I tried to get some of my clothes and she had the locks changed. When I called to ask for them she just said she didn’t have a son.”

“Well, I will call and talk to them and if they won’t corporate I will have my attorney work something out. I don’t think this is a good place for you to try to study. I admire that you have not given up on your school work. Do you want to stay at the house knowing that I will have to contact your parents if you do?”

“If you don’t mind, I would like that very much. I would love to sleep in a real bed again. This is not the most comfortable place in the world.” We grabbed what he needed to take with him.

“I will come back tomorrow while you are in school and get the rest of your stuff. Just take what you really need for tomorrow.” We made our way back to Stormy and I found that he loved horses. Stormy took and immediate liking to him, which was a good indication, that he was an okay guy.

When we got the horse put up and went up to the house, I got his home phone number and then started him getting the grill started while I put baked potatoes in the microwave. I made a quick salad. I went in to call his father while I sent him to cook the burgers. I had a hunch this call wouldn’t take long, but I needed to make it. As soon as I was back from making the call, Aaron asked. “Well, did he say he didn’t have a son?”

“No, actually, your dad wanted to know if you were alright. I gathered from what he said that he doesn’t want to shut you out of his life, but your mother is a different story. He said he would draw up the guardianship papers and make sure his wife signed them. I am meeting him for lunch tomorrow. Your dad wants to talk to you. Do you feel like talking to him now?” Aaron nodded. “You can talk in the study. You will see it when you get into the hall.”

I was just finishing putting the food on the table when Aaron came back into the kitchen. He had tears in his eyes. “At least he finally told me he loved me. I know he has to try to keep peace with her for my sister’s sake, but it still hurts.” I went to him and wrapped my arms around him.

“I know it does. I wish I had magic words to make the pain go away, but I’m afraid I don’t.”

“Thanks, you have been a real friend and you don’t even know me. I’m glad there are people like you in the world.” He squeezed me tighter. I could tell his mood was getting better.

“Let’s eat while these burgers are hot.”

“Thanks, I’m starved.” He ate like it too.

It wasn’t long before it was time for bed. After his shower, although the door was open, I knocked. He smiled and I came and sat on his bed beside where he was laying. “Were you able to set the alarm okay, or do you need some help? I know it is not as intuitive as the newer ones are.”

“No, I sat it okay, I think, but you can check to see.” It was set for six-thirty.

“I will take you to school in the morning. I know your dad said your truck will be ready this afternoon and he will pick you up so that you can get it and the other stuff from your house. Here is a garage door opener, just keep it in your truck and park in the bay that it opens. If I am not here tomorrow, just make yourself at home and I hope you will consider this your home for as long as you want. This key will unlock all the doors of the house.”

“You better not say that. This is a really nice house; I just might want to stay forever.”

We both laughed. “We’ll just have to see what the future brings, but we seem to be getting along just fine for the time being.”

“I am sure glad I picked your woods to camp in. I don’t think anyone else would have become an instant friend and taken me in.”

“Maybe we were just fated to be friends. It has been lonely in this big house. Get some sleep now and I will see you in the morning. Do you want this door closed?” I said leaving his room.

“If you don’t mind, I would rather keep it open.”

“I don’t mind, I just thought you might want some privacy.”

He laughed. “I did my privacy stuff in the shower.” I laughed. “Don’t worry I cleaned up the evidence.” He chuckled.

“I’m sure Dottie would tease you tomorrow if you didn’t. She will probably stay late enough tomorrow just to meet you, but she is usually gone by three in the afternoon.”

“Who is Dottie?”

“She is our housekeeper and cook. She looks like a sweet little grandmother, but don’t let that fool you. If she finds something that embarrasses you, she will tease you unmercifully. I’m sure she will want to mother you, so you might want to be prepared to be spoiled too.” He laughed. “Good night and pleasant dreams.”

“Thanks, and you too.” As I was starting to leave he added. “Jim, the real reason that I wanted to keep my door open was so that I don’t isolate myself from you or even Dottie. I always kept to myself in my room with the door closed at home and I don’t want to feel that way here. Does that sound stupid?”

“No, it sounds like you want to change some things and I am honored that you want to be open and free with me too. I will keep my door open too so that we are not isolated from each other.” To be honest I wasn’t sure the significance of the act of keeping a door open, but I could tell that it meant something to Aaron and I sure didn’t want to make him feel like he was isolated or anything less than totally welcome in my, well I guess now, our home.

My sleep was restless and when the alarm buzzed, I was less than ready to get up and ready for the day. Then I thought about my new house mate and decided, I needed to try to put on a happy face and greet the new morning with less than my usual grumpy mood. I had bowls down for cereal with the milk on the table when Aaron came into the kitchen in a very cheerful mood. “Good morning, I hope you slept well.”

“Good morning, I slept better than I can ever remember sleeping. The bed is wonderful and for the first time in a long time, I can say I’m happy.” He laughed. “Maybe just happy to be alive. I don’t know exactly, but I know I owe it all to you. Thanks Jim.” He hugged me.

“I haven’t done anything really. I should be thanking you, now I have a real reason to get up and greet the day. I think this will be good for us both.” Aaron was excited about getting his truck back this afternoon and was talking non-stop most of the way to his school. I was enjoying his happiness. I know I have just met the kid, but for some reason his happiness rubbed off on me and I was in a great mood just being around him.

The morning passed quickly and it was soon time to meet Aaron’s dad for lunch. He was already waiting when I got to the restaurant. Aaron’s dad was not as handsome as his son, but he was easy on the eyes. He acted like he knew me and it turned out that he did. He worked for the law firm I use and had seen me several times in the office. We had a very pleasant lunch and when he handed me the file with the signed guardianship papers he also had a check for two thousand dollars. “Clark, I can’t take your check. Aaron will not be any expense, I am just glad I can offer him a safe place to stay.”

“I know you don’t need the money, but I can’t ask you to take on a teenager without something. He will finish high school in a couple of months, but he has wanted to be a veterinarian since he was about ten or eleven. He has a scholarship to veterinarian school, but I know he will need extra and I plan send you a thousand every month and how you use it is up to you.”

“Okay, I think this will be a good way to let him back off his work schedule. From what he was telling me, I was trying to think of a way to get him to work a lot less. I can explain that his family was paying this much and unless he needs more then he shouldn’t work. I don’t know how good he is with his money, but we will find out quickly.”

“Aaron has always been very good with his money. He has always liked nice clothes but he always took care of them and was never one to have to have everything that everyone else had.”

“Good that will make it easy to let him manage his own finances. If it is okay with you, I will set up two accounts for him. One he will have total control over and one I will manage until I am sure he can handle it himself. I will give him half each month and the other will be held in reserve for when he really needs it. I’m sure he will be fine until he hits college, then most of us loose a little focus and spend more than we realize.”

“That sounds good to me. I told myself I wouldn’t ask this, but I have to ask. Are you and Aaron sexually involved?”

“I know you know I’m gay, but your son doesn’t. I think it best to not tell him for the time being. I won’t deny it if he asks me, but from what he has said, he thinks I am heterosexual. You son is a very handsome young man and if he were not living with me, I would be very attracted to him. It’s just under these circumstances; I think it best if we are just friends. I would hate to think he thought I was just helping him to get in his pants.”

“Okay, I understand and I am sorry for asking.”

“No, you have a right to know. If you had not brought it up, I probably would have. Since you know that I’m gay, I need your help in this.”

“I will do my best to not let anything slip. It has been a real pleasure to meet you and I can’t thank you enough for taking care of my boy.”

“To be honest, your son has made that house seem a lot more like a home. I think this arrangement will be good for us both.” We said our goodbyes and I headed home.

Just as I thought, Dottie was preparing a feast for our dinner tonight. She was beside herself wanting to know what he liked and disliked. Of course, I wasn’t any help. I didn’t have a clue about his likes and dislikes. She was surprised when I told her that I wasn’t letting him know I was gay. She understood my reasoning for keeping it from him, but thought it was a mistake none the less.

Aaron and I soon became good friends. In fact he introduced me to some of his friends at the mall as his best friend. Dottie has fallen in love with him and he has her wrapped around his finger. He loved visiting the racing farms. I could tell he would make a good vet because he was already very knowledgeable about horses.

I got him a watch for his eighteenth birthday and we were having a celebration dinner with his dad and sister. Little Katie was as cute as a button and captured my heart immediately. We were having our dessert when Father Talbot from Saint Pat’s came over to the table. He stuck his hand out to me and I shook it. “Hi Jim.” He shook Clark’s hand. Hi Clark, good to see you this evening.” He shook Aaron’s hand. “Hi Aaron.” He bent down to Katie and opened his hand for her to give him five. “How is my little angel Katie this evening?”

“I’m good father. We are celebrating Aaron’s birthday.”

“Happy Birthday Aaron.” He squeezed Aaron’s shoulder. “I won’t keep you folks from your dessert, I just wanted to stop by and apologize to you Jim. I know this is not the time or place, but I assure you that I didn’t know what was going on until you had already moved your membership to Holy Trinity. I understand you are over there too Aaron. I hope it all works out for you. I have a great deal of respect for Father John. He is a good man. I believe that love is what God wants for all of us and I don’t think he would make some people gay and not want them to have love in their lives. That is just this old priest talking, not the church. I am truly sorry for anything my parishioners might have said, but I am glad you have found Father John.” We said our goodbyes and I could tell Aaron was upset. Through the rest of our dessert and waiting for the check, he hardly said a word.

As we were leaving, Clark hugged Aaron and heard him say softly. “Aaron, I can tell you are upset, but Jim was thinking about you when he decided it best to not tell you just yet. He was concerned that you might think he had strings attached to you staying with him.”

“You mean he told you and wouldn’t tell me?”

“No, he didn’t have to tell me. He is one of Bill’s clients and I worked on changing a trust fund he has for his nieces and nephews because they rejected him because he is gay. I did ask him if the two of you were sexually involved when we first met for lunch and your guardianship. That is when he told me he thought it best to not tell you unless you asked. I can tell by the way you look at him that you love him, and he has the same look when he is with you.” Aaron tried to say something, but Clark cut him off. “Promise me you won’t over analyze this.”

“Do you realize how many nights I have tossed and turned thinking I was hopelessly in love with a straight man? I didn’t care if he was straight; I still wanted to be with him. Now I find out he isn’t straight, just doesn’t want to be with me. It hurts dad.”

I could tell Katie was confused about all this talk. “Believe me, I want you, but we can’t talk about it just now.” I nodded toward Katie.

Aaron reached out his arms and she went from me to him. “Good night squirt and thanks for my birthday present.”

“You’re welcome. Are you mad at Jim?” She looked deeply concerned.

He laughed. “I was a little, but I’m getting over it. Don’t worry little sis, you know I don’t stay mad very long.”

“I know, but Jim might not.” She looked over to me. “It’s true, he doesn’t stay mad long.”

I kissed her forehead. “No one could stay mad at you princess.”

She just giggled. Clark took her from Aaron. “Come on little one, we better get home.”

Every time I tried to start a conversation on the way home Aaron just said he didn’t want to talk right now. I was lost as to anything else to do at the moment. When we got home, Aaron went immediately to his room and shut the door. Since he had made it a point to want to keep our bedroom doors open, I got even more worried about how this was going to resolve itself.

His door was still closed when the news was over and I was headed to bed. I knocked lightly on his door. “Aaron, can we please talk?”

“I can’t yet. I need some time to think.”

“Okay, but please understand that I would never intentionally hurt you. For what it’s worth, I planned on telling you tomorrow. I don’t know exactly why I thought I should tell you on your birthday. I didn’t want you to feel like our friendship had anything to do with sex or our sexuality. Maybe subconsciously I thought we would become lovers as soon as I told you; I’m so mixed up; I don’t know what I was thinking. You are my best friend and I have never had a friend I was this close to before. I never want to loose you as a friend. Other than that, I am confusing myself more with everything I say, so I’m going to bed. Please talk to me soon. I am so worried I have damaged our friendship.”

I tried to get to sleep, but all I could do was toss and turn. After about an hour of this restless trashing around on the bed I decided to get up and get a beer. Maybe a couple of beers will put me to sleep. I put on my robe and went in the kitchen for a beer. I opened my second beer and took a long pull when Aaron came in. “Does that help?” He took the bottle and drank the rest of it.

“Well, no it hasn’t yet, but things might be looking up.” I smiled at him.

He straddled my legs and sat in my lap. “I’m sorry I wouldn’t talk to you. You are my best friend too you know. I guess what pissed me off was that I am so totally in love with you and let me believe that I didn’t have a chance for you to return my love.” He was kissing me like crazy. “So are we going to sit here and cum on each other or going to bed and do this right?”

I laughed. “If we don’t hurry, we might have to do both.” He ground our cocks together harder. “Okay, I give, let’s go to bed lover.”

“Man that sounds like music to my ears.”

We were both wild with passion and desire for each other’s body. His cock felt like it was made to be in my mouth. I can’t begin to describe how perfect being with him felt. After we both had fantastic orgasms we were content to just lick and kiss our partner’s genitals. Aaron finally snuggled up to me and gently kissed me on the lips. “You know, I am so in love with you that I changed my scholarship so that I can go to school here. I couldn’t leave you even if I couldn’t have you except as a friend. Does that make me pathetic or what?”

“No, it doesn’t make you pathetic. I felt the same way. I just felt so natural around you. I think we must be connected on some spiritual level or something. I have never had a friend or even family that I wanted to be around constantly. When I am with you, I feel at peace with the world and in tune with it or something. I can’t explain it, but it just seems like when we are together we are one with the other. At least, that is as close as I can come to an explanation of how I feel when I am with you.”

“I know that’s how I feel too. Like we belong together but something is missing when we are apart.”

“I would love another taste of your special protein drink, right from the spout, but I know you have to get up in the morning. We better get some sleep.”

“I know you’re right, but I can’t get enough of you either.” We kissed again and settled down to try and get some sleep. Sleep soon claimed us both. I woke just before I began shooting my load into Aaron’s sweet mouth. It was upon me before I was awake, but it was one of the most powerful orgasm’s I have ever experienced. I had not come down from my orgasmic high when Aaron kissed me and said. “You were having such a good dream; I had to finish it for you. I’m glad it was my name you were calling with a big smile on your face. I’m going to be late, gotta jet.” He kissed me again got off the bed.

“What a way to wake up! I just wish you had time for me to have a taste of my man.”

“Keep that thought. I only have half a day today, I will expect you to be home and horny.” He laughed. “You don’t have anything planned today you can’t get out of do you?”

“Nope and if I did, I would find a way to get out of them to be with my new lover.”

He came back to the bed and kissed me again. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too, more than I thought possible.”

He kissed my cock. “I love you too.” I started to get hard again. He giggled. “You like my goodbye kisses as much as big Jim does.” He hurried to the door. “I’m late. See you at lunch.” I didn’t get a chance to answer, before I heard him shutting the door to the garage.

I was pacing like crazy waiting for Aaron to get home. I have loved this boy since the second day I met him and waiting for more of the fantastic sex we had last night was getting the best of me. I was like a school girl with my first crush. I looked at my watch and it was still a couple of hours before Aaron would be home. I grabbed a few reports on perspective horses and made myself comfortable in a lounge by the pool. I selected a shaded spot so the cool breeze would keep my naked body cool. The reports are boring and I must have dozed off. The next thing I remember Aaron is sucking me again. I shot into his hot mouth almost as soon as I became conscious. This time I got to suck his beautiful cock. I love his balls and alternated between his balls and his cock. I got a few licks of his sweet ass too. I could tell he was about to shoot his hot seed and I managed to get his cock into my mouth before the first volley hit.

“You sure know how to wake a man up.”

“Glad you like it. I plan on doing it every chance I get.”

We kissed tenderly. “How was your day? You got so little sleep, you must be tired.”

“A little tired maybe, but it was a great day. Marty knew immediately that we had gotten together. She said she could see it all over my face. She can’t wait to meet you.”

“She is such a good friend to you; I want to meet her too.”

“She asked me something though that got me sorta worried.”

“Why? What did she ask?”

“She asked me if you were hairy. She said she always heard that hairy guys liked smooth guys and smooth guys liked hairy guys. She knows I have always been teased about being hairless.” He looked down and wouldn’t meet my eyes.

I picked his chin up and kissed him on the nose. “Your body is so perfect. Now that you mention it, you are almost hairless. That just means that I don’t have to pick hair out of my teeth. I love every inch of your body and now that I think about it, I have loved teasing your small patch of pubic hair with my tongue. I wouldn’t change a thing about your body, I didn’t think about it but I love the fact that we are both smooth. I don’t have much body hair either, does that bother you?”

“Hell no! I love everything about your body too.” We kissed and we just cuddled naked in the lounge chair until Dottie hollered that we had better put some clothes on before we put our feet under her table. Aaron hollered back. “You said you liked looking at two handsome young men!”

“Not at the table. There is a time and place for everything young man. Now get some drawers on and come eat before I through it out.”

“Yes ma’am. Aren’t you going to yell at Jim too?”

“No, he didn’t give me any lip. See, he is already dressed ready to eat.”

“Not fair he had his shorts out by the pool.”

“That is called foresight; now go put something on that pretty butt of yours before I talk Jim into spanking it for me.”

“Promises, promises.” He scurried to get some shorts on.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay, this chapter is well written. However, I think that it reads like a huge plot outline. In other words, you've got an entire novel here compressed into roughly one chapter. One of the main rules in writing is to show and not tell. Your narrator tells all kinds of stuff from the ungrateful family members, the switching of churches, the breeding of race horses, etc. Any one of these things would be a wonderful novel in and of itself. But when you list them one after another, the narration lacks focus and loses any magisterial art that you are able to bring to these pages.

 

My suggestion is to expand on one of these topics and show it to us. Don't tell us the sunset was great. Show us that the sunset was profound. Don't tell us some guy was a bigot...show us he was a bigot.

 

:D Hopefully some of this review is helpful to you.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..