Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crossing Blades - 2. Chapter 2

“Where am I?” The lights buzzed in and out of Kathryn’s head, around in circles until she finally became focused on her situation. She was in the hospital.

Her mother, Sandra, stared down from her above and spoke in her soft tone “You are in the hospital babe, nothing to worry about, just don’t try to move. You hurt your back really quite badly.”

“I remember something…”

Derek, her father jumped into the conversation “What do you remember?”

“I remember a can being thrown on the ice and me falling and then after asking Ellie to save me a place on the team…”

“Yes all that did happen.”

“Who threw the can?”

“They don’t want us telling you yet.”

“Why not?” Kathryn tried to sit up in her bed but she couldn’t.

“I can’t sit up. What is wrong with me?” What is wrong?” Kathryn began to throw her arms around trying to make her body work but it wouldn’t..

She began to scream the place out and her mother shouted for the nurses.

They rushed in and saw that she was freaking and the chief nurse Matron Goodfellow spoke to the mother.

“She tried to move didn’t she.”

“Yes she did.”

“Why did you let her?”

“We didn’t… She tried to sit up…”

“Okay… forget that. Nurses, 0.4 mg of Morphine stat. She needs to be put to sleep.”

Kathryn felt herself falling into a deep sleep and slowly her vision lost focus again.

“That was entertaining” Derek said as Sandra slapped him.

“Don’t say that. She has had a major injury.”

“You haven’t told her yet have you?”

“Told her what?”

“She probably won’t recover.” A tense silence.

“She will recover. I’m sure.”

A gentle knock on the door…

“Excuse me… I’m here to see Kathryn.” Bruce’s head popped round the door and smiled sweetly.

“Oh I will leave.” Derek ran out of the door as quickly as he could.

“Hello Mrs. Wellbecker. How are you doing?”

“We are coping. Just a bit shocked…”

“Nothing to worry about. I’ve fell on my arse plenty of times and lets say I’m still as active as ever.” Bruce winked at her.

“No need to flaunt it.” Sandra giggled “I’m just going to go talk to the other half, he is taking it worse than I did.”

“That is fine. I will stay her with her…”

Bruce was a tall lad, with large arms and quite a grown frame. He always dressed in outlandish clothing. Red spotty shirts, black cravats, grey trousers, all that sort of thing. He was well known as a gay guy. He was extremely effeminate but could act “butch” if he had to. He always wondered how Ellie coped with Kathryn. She wasn’t the most able of students to begin with. She was god damn terrible. Bruce had Eric as a trainer. He seriously had a deep crush on him from the moment they met on the ice. Thank goodness they picked each other in the training programmes. Bruce was also known as a bit of a sluttish character. He slept with anything with a dick and was under 20. He laughed at this representation because it was all a lie. He was the most faithful out of all of them.

“Babe…” Michal looked into the room…

“Yes?” He replied…

“You should have been at practice 20 minutes ago…”

“Oh… damn it. Eric is going to eat me.” He looked down at the almost corpse like body of Kathryn’s and smiled weakly. “Good luck honey, Jesus are you going to need it.”

“Hurry…”

“Okay… I’m coming.” Bruce looked back at Kathryn and wrapped his arm around Eric and left the room.

In the corner of the room where Kathryn was, everything was silent. Nobody was sure if she was going to make it or not…

Copyright © 2010 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

One of my favorite things so far here is how you have kept a touch of humor through the whole ordeal. On to next chapter

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..