Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 2,216 Words
  • 732 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Mekaias and Norian - 2. Sick Kitten

I have been pretty sick since new years, so I thought it would be pretty fitting to write about Mekaias being sick as well! Hope you enjoy! ❤️

Norian

I close my eyes as the house shakes again.

It is almost like a small earthquake goes off every ten minutes!

The kitchenware shakes and clangs around me as I make the tea for Mekaias.

My eyes are all droopy and I almost start to nod off.

Mekaias has been sick for about three days now. He had said it can get pretty bad, but this is something that neither of us saw coming.

A knock from the door lifts my spirits and I rush over to open it.

I am greeted by Remy and Remelia. One look at me and their happy faces turn into one of shock.

“What happened to you?” Remy asks.

Maybe it is because my hair is sticking in every direction possible, or maybe it is the dark circles under my eyes. Either way, I know I look awful.

“Mekaias.” Is all I say.

I turn back to the kitchen and go to retrieve the cup of tea for him.

The house shakes again and I just sigh to myself.

Remy and Remelia grab onto each other in fear. Thanks to me no longer reacting to it, they both look at me as if I have gone insane.

I just shrug and move to go up the stairs. I wave for them to follow as well.

As soon as I open the door, I see Mekaias’ eyes widen and place a hand over his mouth before he jumps out of bed and runs for the bathroom.

Not even a second later, I hear him retching up the chicken soup I made for him earlier.

Remy and Remelia don’t even walk into the room. They just watch the bathroom door with a worried expression on their faces.

“He’s sick.” I say. “I am pretty sure it is because he ate something bad, but he thinks it is because it is too cold in the house.”

Remy throws his jacket off. “Are you kidding me? It is boiling in here!”

I nod and roll my eyes. “That’s why my shirt is off and I am only wearing shorts.”

Remelia fans herself off and nods towards the bathroom door. “What did he eat?”

“I think it was bad fish from the sushi I brought home,” I say with a frown.

They both make sounds of understanding.

Maybe you could say I feel pretty guilty. At least I did the first day. Now I feel like this is just karma for getting Mekaias sick.

“Is there anything we can do to help?” Remy asks.

At that, the door to the bathroom opens and Mekaias walks in with a dazed look in his eyes. One of his eyes is closed and when he glances at the siblings, he nods to himself before crawling back into the bed.

He sniffs about five times in those few seconds. Then he keeps on sniffing. It has pretty much become the sound of my life for the past three days.

Mekaias’ face wrinkles up as he begins to sneeze. As soon as it comes out, a bright spark of purple energy splashes off of his body and it causes the house to shake.

It doesn’t affect any of us, but for some reason it has an effect of the walls of the house.

Remy and Remelia have a shocked expression on their faces before they look at each other. Maybe they are speaking to each other through their minds. I bet they are going to figure out a way to get out of this.

I don’t exactly blame them. I could use a break as well.

Something scurrying under the bed grabs the attention of Remy.

“What is that?” He points at the fluffy ball of pink energy. It’s little feet are poking out from under the bed.

“We don’t know.” I sigh, “but they disappear after about twenty minutes or so.”

Remelia squats down to look under the bed.

Every time Mekaias coughs, another of those fur balls spawn out of thin air.

It gets pretty problematic when he gets into a fit of coughs. I think the most we’ve had was about eight in a row. Those things were bouncing and floating around the room.

It was awful.

Mekaias reaches out and wraps his hand around one of my fingers. He then rests his eyes that way. Bent forwards with his head over his legs.

I roll my eyes but smile. Of course I push him back into a better position. I even move myself to rest next to him.

However, I then remember that I brought tea. It has just been sitting on the bedside table.

“Starshine,” I say while nudging his shoulder, “You need to drink your tea.”

Mekaias just groans into his pillow.

I reach for the tea and then help sit Mekaias up on the headboard.

He squints down at the tea and then at me before resting his head on my shoulder.

“I don’t want it.” He whines.

“You have to drink something, Mekaias.” I frown, “You haven’t had anything since lunch.”

All I get in answer is a sniff.

“Fine. At least try to get some sleep, ok?”

Mekaias nods and burrows deeper into the blankets.

It should be known that there are about eight blankets on Mekaias’ side of the bed right now. He says he is freezing but I find that absolutely impossible.

Carefully, I get out of the bed and move to leave the room. The siblings follow me to the kitchen.

I immediately get to work with fixing things up.

I gave up with cleaning thanks to Mekaias’ ground shaking sneezing. Now that he is hopefully getting some sleep, I can finally clean this shit up.

Remelia instantly helps me around with straightening things up and throwing things away that may have broken.

There is a lot of glass that has fallen in some areas so I guess I learned my lesson. Never buy glass things with a sick Alentian lover in your house.

Remy goes into the living room and I guess gets to work with using the vacuum. I can’t really tell honestly. I feel like I am hearing a constant buzzing in the back of my head.

“Norian you should get some sleep.” Remelia says all of a sudden.

“What?” I say with a frown, “No I don’t. I am fine.”

Remelia gives me a pointed look and shakes her head.

“You look like death at the moment.” She says.

“Wow. Rude.” I cross my arms. My arm actually pops right there.

“It’s true. When was the last time you slept?”

I just shrug. I guess it has been three days but I am absolutely fine.

One glance at the sink makes me move to start washing the dishes and what looks like hundreds of tea cups that Mekaias has used.

“Stop.” Remelia pushes me to the side.

Either she has gotten stronger, or maybe I have gotten weaker. I have only missed three days of the gym so I am pretty sure it might be the second.

“Go to bed, Norian.” She points towards the stairs. It makes me feel like a little child honestly.

I sigh and rub the back of my hand into my eyes.

“I can’t.” I say.

“And why not?” Remelia raises an eyebrow.

I lean against the kitchen counter and purse my lips. “Because I feel like I poisoned Mekaias-”

“Oh my god!” Remelia smacks my arm and then pushes me towards the stairs. “Go the fuck to bed, Norian!”

I sigh and slowly make my way up the steps.

Not going to lie, I almost fell over and felt like laying there to sleep. I feel that tired.

Quietly, I open my bedroom door and peek in on Mekaias. Most of his blankets have been kicked off and show that he threw his shirt off as well.

‘Freezing’ my ass.

Instantly, I turn the heat down because I have been walking in this for days and it is just gross. I then get into bed and pull Mekaias against me. Instantly he buries his face into my neck.

“Finally.” He whispers with a sniff.

“Promise not to get any snot bubbles on me?” I ask.

“No promises.” He says. I swear I can hear the smile in his voice.

I yawn and rub my fingers into his back and use my other hand to scratch at the base of his ears. Instantly, Mekaias begins to purr.

Lately whenever he starts purring, which is a lot, I can’t help but wonder what it would be like if he still had his tail. Would it whip around in these moments? I like to imagine it would.

Soon the purring is combined with snoring.

Ah yes. The other reason I have not been able to sleep.

Thanks to Mekaias’ stuffed nose, he has turned into the loudest snorer I have ever met.

Don’t get me wrong, I love him to death, but damn. He sure knows how to make some noise.

I bought something today though. I was going to test them tonight but I guess now would be as good as any chance to use them.

Reaching into the pocket in my shorts, I pull out a packet full of pink ear plugs.

Because I am me, I have a small fear that we might get attacked and I won’t be able to hear a thing. Obviously that seems very unlikely, but again, you can’t exactly blame me!

I have to use my teeth to get the stupid plastic open but in the end, I finally get two plugs in my hands.

Mekaias fidgets against me and then he wraps his legs around my stomach and legs.

He may be an Alentian, but sometimes I feel like he is actually an octopus.

I shove the plugs into my ears and instantly the snoring dies down. I can still somewhat hear it, but at least they aren’t to the point that I feel like they are behind a megaphone.

With a happy sigh, I kiss the top of Mekaias’ head and lean back against my pillow.

Well this isn’t so bad at all. I can finally sleep with Mekaias again! Maybe this is what I have been missing? Sure, going days without sleep is bad, but I couldn’t even sleep because Mekaias turns into a bulldozer when he’s sick.

I massage his back with one hand and then reach down to give a small squeeze to his butt.

Yup I missed this. Now everything feels back to normal.

Sure, the feeling of having something in my ears is weird, but at least I am back in my own bed.

Soon I close my eyes and go straight to sleep.

~~~
~~~

Mekaias

As soon as I wake, it feels like a fresh breath of life.

I no longer feel weak or numb. Nothing in my vision looks hazy and I no longer have any pain in my stomach, back, legs, or head!

Waking up to find Norian in bed was nice to see again. He has constantly been moving around the house the past few days. It has made me feel pretty bad honestly.

I lean up and kiss his cheek.

His eyes move a bit under his eyelids and I smile.

Yeah he’s still sleepy.

I personally don’t see any reason to get up. Sure, I have been stuck in here for days, but who says I don’t do that any other day?

Well, that is a small lie. I use our gym all the time.

Wait a minute...what is that?

There are strange pink foamy looking things in Norian’s ears. Are those bugs?

I poke one with my finger. It does not react to it so I guess it isn’t a bug. Still...that is very strange.

I quickly pull both of them out and toss them into the trash bin next to me.

Pretty sure I missed but oh well. I can clean it up later.

Norian however, wakes up immediately. I guess pulling them out was a bad idea.

As soon as he sees me, his face breaks into a soft smile and then he leans down to kiss my forehead.

“Feeling better?” His asks.

“Mhmm!” I beam and lean up to kiss him.

He backs away however.

“Uh, uh! I don’t trust you still. You might get me sick.” He says.

I pout and sigh.

“Please!” I look up at him with fake, sad eyes. I can instantly see his fighting begin to break.

“Fine, but only once.” He says.

I grin and lean up to kiss him. He kisses back and wraps his hands around me to pull me closer.

And Here I thought that I was the needy one at the moment.

As soon as he back away, his face seems to wrinkle in disgust before he turns away and he sneezes loud. Snot trails down his nose and hangs off his chin.

We both look at each other in shock, before I end up turning in a fit of laughter.

“It’s not funny!” He pouts with a sniff.

“It’s a little funny, yun Undaegon.

“No it’s not!” He exclaims. “You did this to me!”

“You got me sick first!”

Yun Undaegon - My Mountain
Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..